Translate

Tuesday 15 December 2015

REVIEW: Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion in Magic Pink

Hi Everybody!

I've been so busy with work and exams for the past month, which explains why I gave no sign of life recently. Apologies for that. So, today to celebrate my comeback, I bring to you the review of a best-selling item from Etude House, a product which I have long dreamed of possessing after watching the cutest and most adorable commercial ever for a cosmetic product. Yes, it's the Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion in Magic Pink.





It's been on the market for quite a while and it's a very  popular product in South Korea among young girls. I purchased it for $ 21.60 on Etude House Global and I was given a Discovery Kit of sample products as it was among the Top 3 Best-selling items at that time (it's still among the best!). It weighs 85 g.

The Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion is generally available in 3 colors:

Magic Mint
Magic Pink
Magic Peach
But I've read that it was also available in Magic Lavender in Asia only.

I hesitated between the pink and the mint. Peach was not an option as you can observe from the chart down below. But since I already had a THEFACESHOP Air Cotton Makeup Base SPF 30 PA++ in 01 Mint, I thought it would be better not to stock on Mint colored make up. And the pink packaging was more appealing to me. I love pink :D I also took into consideration its main functions as well, don't worry.

So, below are some of the ads on that product. Cuteness overload.

Sulli

How to choose your Magic Any Cushion (only Pink and Green would be my best fit)
And here's more cuteness overload with the CF for the Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion, featuring Shinee, F(x) Krystal and Former F(x) member Sulli (That pains me to write it like that, sigh).


Ingredients (Applies to Magic Pink only):
WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, ARBUTIN, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRISILOXANE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, DISODIUM EDTA, ADENOSINE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) PEEL EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, MOTHER OF PEARL, ALCOHOL, POLYSORBATE 80, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, SODIUM HYALURONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), FRAGRANCE

What it is
A multi color cushion soaked in foundation, it can be bb or cc cream too, housed in a chunky compact with second lid/compartment for the puff and also to keep the foundation from drying.
6-in-1 almighty cream foundation cushion: Moisturizing + Whitening + Anti Aging + Sunscreen (SPF 50+ / PA+++) + Foundation + Cooling

What it does
To keep skin flawless, it cares each skin's weakness via multi color cushion with whitening effect.
"Moisture-Lock Fomula' is applied to prevent getting dried.
Pearl mineral powder and Arbutin contained to keep skin clear and whitened, also Adenosine contained for anti-wrinkle treatment.

Details 
1. Pink: For pale skin tone users to make vivid and lovely skin tone
2. Mint: For ruddy skin tone users to make natural and bright skin tone
3. Peach: For dark and dull skin tone users to make clear and bright skin tone
* Lovely pink puff included in every package

More to know 
*Multi Color Cushion: Patented technology (No.0981353) applied makeup base - excellent at tone correcting
*Moisture-Lock Formula: Special formula containing Hyaluronic sodium to prevent losing moisture.

How to apply 
After skin care, apply it onto puff and smoothly apply to the face along the texture of skin.
Lightly dab the puff over uneven area around forehead or cheekbone.

Beauty tips
*For flawless makeup
Step 1. Make vivid skin tone base makeup by "Magic Any Cushion"
Step 2. Dab on face for strong coverage by "Any Cushion"
Step 3. Layer along T-zone by "Magic Any Cushion"
*For lovely natural makeup
Step 1. Make vivid and transparent skin tone by "Magic Any Cushion"

Caution
1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high and low temperatures and areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Cease use if problems arise.

So, it comes in that adorable little pink box although it looks matte and boring on pictures. But in reality, the box has some faint shimmers, which adds some glam to it (reminds me of packaging for dolls). Too bad it's not visible on photos.


Korean guidelines

More Korean guidelines (I seriously start to learn Korean)

List of Ingredients, Directions, cautions, Use within 12 months and Made in Korea

The cushion compact itself is the cutest thing on Earth. It reminds me of a yummy pink strawberry macaroon, my fave. It consists of a built-in mirror and an adorable pink air puff. However, only the top cover part has that faint shimmery part while the bottom part which holds the compact is just plain pink plastic. So, from a profile side view, it looks odd.



Air Puff


The product is sealed beneath a sticker. The cushion itself has a faint flowery smell and it is milky pink in appearance. But don't get intimidated by the pink color. The product itself is very light in texture. It blends well and is not as thick as other cushion foundations. You barely feel anything on your face. It is more like a primer rather than a foundation.


Pink, Pink, Pink
Milky Pink
Swatch

On application using the air puff, the cushion blends well into my skin. I don't end up as a pink doll in the end, no worries. It tones up my complexion, for sure, making it more uniform and less dull. It also gives me a dewy finish and can be used as a highlighter on cheeks and forehead. It has a whitening effect, but it does not leave such a visible white cast on my face (fouf). If you use only the cushion, yeah, the white cast can be seen with flash photography (as usual). But it makes me (or my skin rather) look pretty good on pictures (not trying to flatter myself but I usually look bored to death on photos). But I would still recommend it for people with really fair complexions. It could look odd, that's the risk with Korean cushions (Even I look odd if I'm not cautious with the application). 

Because it has only spf 34/ PA ++ which is too low for me in Mauritius, I use the Magic Any cushion when going out in the evening or at night. I'd rather use a foundation with higher spf in broad day light for better protection. But in any case, even if I wear it during the day, I can still apply sunscreen to make up for it.

Below shows how it looks with and without flash photography as well as how different make-up products appear with/without the cushion.

With Flash photography

Without Flash
 

In terms of coverage, I would rate it as light to medium as it doesn't cover my blemishes, scars and pimples that well. It has to be used along with another foundation or BB cream and concealers. But as a primer, it is really good. From the pictures above, there is not much difference about how the make-up looks with/without the cushion. But,  it does complement my makeup and makes it last for a longer time.

It is not drying and it doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. It actually gives the impression that I have healthy skin beneath foundation or powder, of course. After applying the Magic Any Cushion, then BB cream, then concealer, then powder, I still had a glow on instead of an absolute matte finish.

If I had to compare with the Innisfree Water Glow Cushion since it is a different brand, I prefer the Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion in terms of scent, dewy finish, reduced white cast and lasting power.   However, Innisfree Water Glow Cushion is slightly better in terms of coverage as it is more of a BB cream type while the Magic Any Cushion is more a primer/base type. Touch-ups are not necessary since it is a base.

Also, in terms of refill, it is easier to change it. You just need to give it a little push at the bottom of the compact and out it comes.

Into pieces

Pros:
-Not drying
-Dewy Finish
-Brightening
-Whitening
-Long-lasting
-Portable
-Good Primer
-Nice and bearable scent
-Cute, Adorable packaging
-Tone corrector 
-Makes you look like you have Sulli's skin on photos

Cons:
-Low to Medium Coverage
-Does not conceal blemishes or pimples
-Breeding ground for germs (like any other cushions, so make sure to wash the air puff regularly)
-Low spf 


Conclusion

I definitely recommend the Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion. I love it. I know it can't beat Iope and Hera (from what I read) which are known for being THE best cushions out there. But until I get to try them out, this one will do for now (duh). I might certainly purchase refills or try out other cushions in that line, in the future.

STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/
AEGYO GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment