Translate

Thursday 17 December 2015

REVIEW (Aegyo Girl X Jolse): KOELF Gold and Royal Jelly Hydro Gel Eye Patch

Hello Everybody!

Today is a great day, because I finally got something from South Korea for FREE. Yessss, you read well. It's for FREEEEEE!!!! No kidding, No payment, no shipping fee. Absolutely FREE!



Coming back to my senses. This is a real deal. In fact, there is a quite well- known Korean online beauty shop called Jolse. A couple of months ago, they made an announcement on their Facebook page that they wished to recruit a few reviewers for a new product from Koelf. I tried my luck and guess what... I was among the winners. Hell yeah. there were sure a lot of lucky winners. But I thought my bad fortune would hit me again. Apparently, not this time. hehe.

 I'm gonna have a good night's sleep with these

Anyways, I was elated to know that I won a Korean product and Jolse was even more generous in sending 3 samples (1 Banana Sleeping pack and 1 Multi cell Energy from TonyMoly and 1 Waterdrop Sleeping pack from Lioele). This encouraged me to carry on with that blog 'cause the main criteria of participation was.... to have a blog. It's been less than a year since I started blogging and I truly feel honored to be entrusted with such a huge responsibility. So, for Jolse, I shall vow to review this product in all honesty and sincerity.

About Koelf

From my background research, I found out that Koelf is a co-brand of PetitFee (To be honest, I had no idea these brands were out there). It is"a brand which pursues the ever-lasting beauty of the elf. It represents the confident and glamorous beauty of women in their 20s-30s." Okayyyy. So, I'm gonna look like Legolas from the Lord of the Rings with those eye patches. Cool!!! Kidding but that's what they said on the brand's website.You will look like an elf. Elves are known to have flawless and youthful beauty. I guess this must be the idea behind the concept.
 
The Koelf Hydrogel Eye Patch is available in 3 types and is meant for all skin types:




-Gold and Royal Jelly  (For smooth and elastic skin)
-Pearl and Shea Butter (Shea butter with rich nutrition and amazing moizturizing power, which makes your skin soft and moist)
-Ruby and Bulgarian Rose (Rose water rich in vitamin moisturizes your skin and cares your skin tone clearly and brightly)

But for the contest, I was allowed to choose only one. Royal Jelly just sounded royally awesome to me.

Here are some additional info I gleaned from the Jolse website and other sources like eBay:



Ingredients

Gold, royal jelly extract, green tea extract, mugwort extract, huttuynia cordata extract, citron extract shaddock seed extract,...



Features

Elastic and smooth eye-skin with Gold & Royal Jelly.
Skin firming and balancing of Gold which is excellent at skin purifying.
Nutrition of Royal Jelly for smooth and elastic skin.
Intense care for sensitive and weak eye-skin with this taegeuk-shaped* eye patch. 


*Note: In case you did not know (I didn't know neither), Taegeuk refers to the Absolute from which all things and values are derived. It is the shape found at the center of the South Korean flag. The taegeuk is commonly associated with Daoist philosophical values as well as Korean shamanism. (Source: Wikipedia) That's why the Koelf Eye patches are said to be taegeuk-shaped. Just learned something new. yehet.

The Taegeuk
Here is the CF for the 3 eye patches:


There are 60 eye patches for 30 usage in that single pack. You read well: 60 eye patches!!! They have to be used within 2 months after opening. So, it's for everyday use I guess. 

That little yellow box is cute actually, with the red flowers and holographic GOLD logo (so glam). As always, Korean brands never fail to impress with packaging: simple, yet cute and appealing. 

Top View
Front View
Right Side View
Left Side View

For a pack that contains 60 patches, it is very light and portable. The patches come in that yellow plastic cream container. There is even a small spatula beneath it. Seems like they are serious about hygiene.  


  




So, now I understand the use of the spatula. The eye patches are actually soaked into the essence just like jello in syrup, lol. They are quite small and delicate to hold. So, it can get slippery and difficult to get a good grab. It's like trying to hold a wriggling fish. Moreover, it can easily get contaminated by germs around. Make good use of that spatula and close the container well after use. But I guess a pair of tongs would have been more practical.... Just saying.

The eye patches are gold in appearance with a very semi-transparent and shimmery look. Twinkle Twinkle. Reminds me of the James Bond movie, Goldfinger. Glittery gold.  They smell just like the usual manuka honey sheet masks I am used to from Innisfree and The Faceshop. A very honey sweet scent.
How the patches are stacked together
Jello

How it looks on my face

How to use

1. After wash up, clean up your skin texture with toner.
2. Take this patch with spoon contained in it.
3. Apply the patch- Eye patch rightly.
4. Wait 30 minutes and take off.
(You can apply it for more than 40 minutes when you feel your skin condition is bad.)
5. Tap face lightly.


The first time I used it, I followed the above instructions, cleansing and toning my face beforehand. Although they are difficult to handle, once they are applied on the face, they sure have a strong grip. Surprisingly, they don't slip unlike eye patches I've used before (Refer to my review of THEFACESHOP Modeling Gel Patch). I didn't have to lie down waiting for half an hour. I was able to walk around, sit up, watch movies, write reviews and do usual things without tilting my head back. Even if I leaned forward, it would not fall off. Either I secrete glue through my skin or they have some secret technology.

After a few minutes, I had a refreshing and cooling sensation under my eye area. No stinging, no burning sensation. After 30 minutes, I removed the patches and felt my cheeks were taut, firm and moisturised. What's more, they were not sticky. I patted the remaining essence on my face and I proceeded with my skincare routine and make-up. I personally think these are suitable for Summer. With the suffocating heat in Port-Louis (Send me some snow), my face temperature tends to rise considerably and I have break-outs. But with these babies, my face cools down significantly and I feel so much better and comfortable even with make-up on.

After using it for about a few days, I am not quite sure I look like Legolas or Galadriel.  But if that happens I'll let you know. hahaha Jokes apart, I don't usually feel any major change with eye patches  but with the Koelf Gold and Royal Jelly ones, I felt something different the first time I used it. It is surely moisturizing and refreshing. After a tough day out, in the Port-Louis heat, I slap these patches on and instantly feel revived. Do they reduce puffiness, can't say. I don't have puffy eyes. That's why I shared with Mum to try them out. She's got those aegyo puffy eyes and she's been loving them too.

Most importantly, they didn't break me out. I've been having terrible acne lately 'cause of stress and awful climate, and hopefully these eye patches did not worsen it. My skin has actually improved, most likely because I've got more time to take care of my skin. But, I can claim that the Koelf Hydro Gel Eye Patches are safe for my sensitive skin.

Pros:
-60 eye patches
-Cheap
-Nice Honey Scent
-Portable
-Moisturising
-For all skin types
-Spatula provided
-Don't fall off once applied

Cons:
-Very Slippery when handling
-Delicate and Fragile
-Can be contaminated easily (if you are not cautious)
-Short Lifespan


Conclusion 

It was a pleasure to try out a new brand, which I am not familiar with. Thank you Jolse!!! It is relatively cheap (currently available in Jolse at discounted price of $11.42) and safe for use. I don't say it's perfect. I don't want to look bias just because I got it for free. But it is really good for a not well known brand. It has the potential to grow. Note that I was really short of time in making this review (we got a time limit and postal services are so slow as usual, yehet). But I must admit the Koelf Gold and Royal Jelly Hydro Gel Eye Patch is a summer favorite item for me. It will help my poor red cheeks get through.

Lastly, I must point out again that I was not paid to make that review.  I hope you found it helpful. Please do not hesitate to leave your comments down below and if you happen to be like me, a lucky winner of that contest, you've tried out the other Koelf eye patches, or you've tried the Royal Jelly but have a totally different opinion of that product, I'd like to know your views.


STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!



                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Good Luck! Tempted to get those!
    Davina xoxo

    ReplyDelete