Translate

Wednesday 23 December 2015

REVIEW: Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream

Hi Everyone!



Etude House, as many of you already know, is a very girly brand and all that comes to mind when you hear about it is colorful lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushers in Oh so cute pink packaging. We rarely think about skincare when we talk about Etude House. And yet, they do have a skincare line, and today I'm gonna review the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream, which is surprisingly a best-seller and an award-winning product. 


This cream has recently been upgraded, and  repackaged.  There was a sales promotion around that time and it's somewhat the original version that I'm reviewing. I don't know if it's still available in their flagship stores worldwide, but it has seemingly been discontinued by the online store. I guess you can still find it in other retail online shops though. It's original price was $18 and I got it for $12.
Upgraded version

Comparison with original and upgraded versions


What it is

Moist-ful collagen cream with elastic texture hydrates skin.
Deep/concentrated moisturizer to keep skin hydrated, smooth, and fresh longer for a youthful, water-bouncy skin.


What it does  

- 30% Pure hydrolyzed Collagen: Marin collagen, a fibrous protein extracted from the scales or skin of saltwater fish, is contained to provide abundant moisture and elasticity on skin.
- Baobab tree: It contains sufficient nutrition and moisturizing effects of baobab tree, the tree of Life and Moisture
- Hypoallergenic: No Paraben, Benzophenon, Talcs, Mineral oil for hypoallergenic use and safety on skin (tested and certified).


Details 
 - Moistfull Collagen Cream: 60ml
- Super Collagen Ampoule Essence 20ml


How to apply  

Every day after cleansing and toning, apply the cream on face and neck and massage by tapping smoothly.

More to keep in mind 

 - Low-carbon plastic container used.
- Awarded as 'the 2nd best moisturizer in Korea' by 'Get it BEAUTY' in 2010


Caution 

 1. For external use only.
2. Avoid contact with eyes.
3. Keep out of reach of children.
4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear.


Ingredients


HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ADANSONIA DIGITATA FRUIT EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED ADANSONIA DIGITATA EXTRACT, BETAINE, KAOLIN, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, PCA DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, CYCLOMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SILICA, STEARIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, POLYETHYLENE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 METHYLGLUCOSE DISTEARATE, HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, PEG/PPG-20/15 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL METHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PPG-5-LAURETH-5, CARBOMER, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE

Its key ingredient is Baobab Leal Mucus and obviously Collagen, which is very popular for maintaining youthful skin. In case you didn't know, Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is the substance that holds the whole body together. It is found in the bones, muscles, skin and tendons. It provides strength and durability to the skin. Healthy levels of collagen gives plump and smooth appearance. When it breaks down, the skin loses firmness and fine lines, like wrinkles start to appear (OMG). Well, collagen is mostly found in animals, but Etude House claims that it's made from 30% Hydrolized Marine Collagen. These help to "hydrate for a youthful, water bouncy skin".

So, this is how it looks:

It came in a pale orange box. The cool thing about it is that you get a Super Collagen Ampoule Essence. But it is a sample as it's only 20ml. The Moistfull Collagen Cream, on the other hand, is 60 ml.






Inside the box, you can find the cream and the essence. The little designs underneath the box cover are just adorable, though I don't understand a word of Korean.

Unboxing

The cream is in an orange plastic jar. It is kinda cute. Its cap is in the shape of a drop of water. The essence is in a small plastic vial and it is equally adorable. It reminds me of my dolls' accessories as kid. That's the concept of Etude House after all.

spatula included

A quick review of the essence is that it is a transparent and dense liquid, that absorbs deep into the skin. It has nice floral scent similar to the cream. It gives added moisture and preps the skin for the Cream. I like it, but honestly, the amount is ridiculously small. Only 20 ml???




Note: The Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream is part of the Moisfull Collagen Product line and you are recommended to use it with a whole range of products. So the order of usage is as follows:

-Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence
-Facial Freshner
-Essence
-Firming Eye Cream
-Emulsion
-Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence
-Moistfull Collagen Cream
-Facial Mist

Wow, that's a lot. No wonder why Korean skincare routine are made up of so much steps. Why use the essence twice though? Anyways, if you can afford to follow these steps, that's your choice, but it's not an obligation. You can, for instance, use the essence of your choice or another eye cream brand. I don't think it'll be a problem.



At first, the cream  might appear thick and sticky but it is not once you apply it. The texture is actually very light-weight. It is off-white with an orange undertone to it. It has a nice floral scent. It is not quite like any other moisturisers I've used though.




It absorbs fast into the skin, but not completely. I can still feel there is something on my face, like a thin layer of fat. Just don't apply too much of it. It gives me a dewy and glowing face.  But to be honest, I look like I have oily skin at times, especially when I have applied other products on my face, That's why I use it more at night. It can be used during the day as well, but because of the heat and humidity, I personally don't feel comfortable with make-up on top. I read about people using it as a base before make-up and liked it. I think it might work better for girls living in countries with low humidity, during the day. But it's just not my preferred moisturiser right before make-up.

Also the reason why I use it as part of my night skincare routine is that it helps to optimise skin rejuvenation 'cause that's the time during which your cells get healing time and are renewed.

Furthermore, although I said it makes my skin look oily, my skin actually doesn't get any oilier than that. I can at least sleep comfortably with this cream on my face even in Summer right now. It makes my skin feels smooth, plump, elastic and hydrated, almost like a baby's bum, even after I wash it off. So, I do agree with the "water bouncy skin". It does feel bouncy. haha. It does not cause any irritation and my acne does not get worse. It actually improved my skin condition. It brings about a noticeable change and does what it claims to do, that is provide and retain moisture in my skin.  So big thumbs up to Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream.

Despite all the weird and perhaps contrasting effects I've described, I love that cream.

I personally think the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream is good for girls in their mid to late twenties (or even older) aiming at delaying ageing. Consider it as a first step to an anti-ageing skincare process. haha I'm in my mid twenties. So, this cream is quite a deal for me. Preventing ageing starts from a young age, trust me and keeping your skin well moisturised, eating a healthy diet, sun protection must become daily habits. But I think this collagen cream can be a great way to start. And it is affordable compared to anti-wrinkling creams out there. Even my Mum who has been a regular user of L'Oreal anti-wrinkling products started to love the Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream. Just imagine.

Pros:
-Moisturising
-Gives water-bouncy, plump and youthful skin
-Absorbs quickly
-Nice scent
-Anti-ageing
-Spatula provided
-Not sticky 
-Hygienic

Cons:
-Feels like having a thin layer of fat at times
-can make skin appear oily


In the end, I totally recommend this product and I am sure to purchase the upgraded version one day. Meanwhile you can check out the CF, starring the Etude Princess, f(x) Krystal.  




Stay Beautiful and Sweet

  

 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl

4 comments:

  1. hello ;) will this product be suitable for a 20 year old with normal skin type?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Asking questions are actually good thing scr888 if you are not understanding anything totally, except this paragraph offers pleasant understanding yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like awesome products and supplements! always useful to have something like that around.
    Life Extension Youthful Collagen

    ReplyDelete