Translate

Sunday 20 December 2015

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Black Yeast Peel-off Pack

Hello Everybody!

The festive season is just around the corner and here I am writing a review on something that could look gross in the end. You will know why. But nevermind...

I'm gonna review THEFACESHOP Black Yeast Peel-off Pack. In fact, the funny story behind it is that initially, I had no intention of buying it when going to the store. About 3 months ago, I went there with the firm intention of buying the Mild Papaya Peeling but it was completely out of stock. I finally bought it only very recently after 2-3 attempts. But anyways, that is another story. Coming back to the Black Yeast Peel-off Pack. Since the Mild Papaya Peeling was not available, the rep suggested I take the Black Yeast one meanwhile. So, I agreed to buy it to try it out and I didn't regret it.

I forgot how much it cost but it was affordable (will update on the price later on). The tube is contains 110 ml /3.7 fl. oz. of product. It must be used within 9 months only.

It does not come with a box, which is quite disturbing. Like many THEFACESHOP products I've used before, it is sealed with a plastic film. The packaging reminds me pretty much of the THEFACESHOP Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack. The labelling and format is similar. It's just the color and designs that's a bit different to match the ingredients used. It can be a lack of creativity but the most important thing is that the product container is of good quality, which it is.

It has a metallic film sealing the product inside and which has to be removed for you to be able to use the pack.


Ingredients and Instructions




The peel-off pack is like a thick pale brown and slimy paste, and it has a strong caramel-like smell. Yeah, you read well, it feels and smells like caramel. I don't like the smell at all, but I got used to it. Regarding the sticky texture, you better watch out. it can be quite messy. As soon as you squirt some product in your hands, it starts solidifying (Rest assured, it doesn't become as hard as a rock but it'll be difficult to apply). So, it's imperative that you apply it on your face really fast, or else it will become too thick and it will stick between your fingers. 


Swatch


After a good spread
After about 30 minutes, it starts to peel off on its own

After shedding my skin. kidding. that's how it looks when you peel the pack off, pretty much like peeled off skin

Directions:

Cleanse, tone and moisturize skin. Apply pack evenly, avoiding the eye and mouth contour areas. Let dry completely and remove after 20 to 30 minutes, from the forehead to the chin. Apply toner to remove any residue.

Be sure to apply a good moisturiser. That product is drying. It kind of absorbs the oil in the skin. 

Once on the face, you just have to leave it. Don't even think about scratching you face or touching it. It will get messy.haha Another word of caution, please wear a headband or at least tie your hair. If that product gets into your hair, no comments . It's not pleasing at all. 

Throughout the half an hour, you will feel the mask harden on your skin. If you applied it real thick, you will barely be able to move your facial muscles. Also, I felt like a glazed Peking Duck with that mask on my face. I looked so weird and funny.

The funniest and scariest part is when you have to peel off everything. It was similar to a snake shedding its skin and what was gross was all the black/whiteheads coming out of my pores together with the peel. So so gross. 

This one time I applied it so thick, I managed to peel off the mask in its entirety. But it's not usually the case.
So Gross. You can imagine what these white dots are.

The positive thing about it is that my skin was clean and smooth after applying this peel-off pack. It didn't remove all my black/whiteheads. I still had to use one of those blackhead strips afterwards. But overall, it does a pretty good job. 

Pros:
-Peels off blackheads and whiteheads
-Removes dead skin
-Fun to use
-Affordable

Cons:
-Simplistic packaging
-Strong overwhelming smell
-Really sticky and messy
-Drying

In general, I like how this peeling pack cleans up my skin and removes the impurities in my pores. It's a good alternative to steaming your face and pressing out the bad stuff. I'd recommend this to people who like me, have blackheads and are having a tough time. I usually use it twice a week., and most specifically when I do a full face make-up. Yeah make-up debris tend to accumulate in my pores. Cleansers and make-up removers are not enough. This peeling helps in removing all the dirty leftovers But these stuffs always come back. So, still gotta try other methods. 

Hope you liked this review. Please leave your comments. We are here to share.


Stay Beautiful and Sweet

  

 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

1 comment: