Translate

Saturday 2 April 2016

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Pore Minimizer Toner with Powder

Hi Everybody!

Hope you had nice Easter Holidays. As for me, I'm down for some reviewing.




This post will be about a toner this time. Initially, I barely understood the use of toners, especially with western brands. They were just like water to me. However, I did noticed a change to my skin as I started using them. My face got cleaner, less oily, and more make-up free (This is making me sound like I looked gross before, sure). But I was never a great fan of cleansing and toning back in the day 'cause I just didn't have the interest or knowledge then. But now, I guess acquiring the knowledge through research helped me a lot in improving my skin hygiene and appearance.lol But ever since I've shifted to Korean toners, I guess my life changed. Unlike their western counterparts, they really did have more significant impact on my skin. The first one I used was the volcanic toner from Innisfree which I loved and now, TheFaceshop one is as great. So, let's find out why.

So this toner is a bit of in the less known zone. I've barely heard or read about it on the net, unlike the other products I used to review before. I got acquainted with it at TheFaceshop flagship store here in Mauritius. If you've read my previous post on the Pore Minimizer Controlling Cream, you'll guess this toner is from the same line. Since I loved the cream for reasons you might wanna read in my post, I thought to myself, why not try out the toner as well. I've just used up an old and somewhat useless toner of mine. So, now is the time to try this baby out.

Description (Credits: THEFACESHOP website)
  • Controlling powder helps to absorb excess sebum
  • Formulated with Mushroom extract (A natural astringent; prevent enlarged pores), Acacia collagen (Tightens enlarged pores & improve elasticity), Adlay (Remove skin debris and sebum) and Sodium Hyaluronate (Helps to lock the moisture factor)
  • Summary: Sebum control + ultra hydrating + anti-sagging
In terms of packaging, it is in the same theme as the cream, it comes in a very bulky dark green bottle in a cream box with that little classical flower design on it. Usually, toners come in plain and boring plastic bottles, but I think THEFACESHOP Pore Minimizer Toner with Powder, though too bulky to carry around) looks more classy and elegant, like a high-end product. But it cost only Rs 425 (Approx. $14). Yeah only that for 130 ml/4.39 fl. oz. of product. But that bottle would definitely break if you just let go of it. So, watch out if you are careless.haha





Instructions


The powder in this toner is actually Kaolin, which I know, is used to make ceramics and porcelain in China. I actually didn't know it was used in Cosmetics as well, but it appears to be safe for use in  authorised amounts and it is known for reducing inflammations. So great :D

List of Ingredients

The toner, if left to rest, looks partly milky white and partly transparent. The milky white part is indeed due to the powder in it. 



After some good shaking

Unbottling
How the toner looks like
This is only the second Korean toner I'm using and it also has powder in it. The sample I got from Innisfree also had some white powder in it. But they proved to be far more effective than the regular ones I've used. The powder helped much better in oil control, such that I had less of a greasy face. It helped me having a nice matte canvas before applying skincare and cosmetics. It has almost the same consistency and functions as the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder

Coming back to THEFACESHOP Pore Minimizer Toner with Powder, you have to shake the bottle well to mix the powder and toner. After cleansing, moisten a cotton ball or pad, and sweep the product throughout the face. I just use my hands and fingers to pat the product on my face. This as well is just fine.

I can say this toner is great for my skin. Well, my pores still look big (That's just how they are but less gross). That may be the downside to it. But I came to the realisation that there is not really a product that could close them completely. duh. However this toner is great in the sense that it does not sting nor irritate my skin, it helps control the oily parts of my face, especially my T-zone. It has a nice and faint floral scent to it, which I like. It helps in removing the leftover makeup or peels, if any. As for the powder, as already mentioned helped in controlling excess oil secretion. It really made my skin smoother and great for applying makeup afterwards.

Moreover, I feel like I'm gonna use it up really quickly. The bottle was made in such a deceptive way that you would think there is a lot of product in there, when actually the product gets used up at the speed of light. But I learned to manage my usage of that toner. Just a few drops is enough for the whole face. Also, the toner expands when you shake it well with the powder. So, I guess it's more economical to do it that way, or not.

Pros:
-Nice Floral Scent
-Affordable
-Oil and sebum control
-Made my skin soft
-Tones my skin evenly
-Doesn't irritate my skin or break me out
- Elegant and classy packaging
-Affordable product line
 
Cons:
-Not portable
-Deceptive bottle
- Not that effective at minimizing my pores

Conclusion

I like THEFACESHOP Pore Minimizer Toner with Powder for making my skin even, controlling my oil and sebum, making my face look clean and uniform. It didn't manage to reduce my pores a lot, but that may be due to the fact that my pores are way too big. duh. I do recommend it, if you wanna have a mild and pleasant-smelling toner, and if you are not a globe-trotter, carrying it around might be a little tough. Finally, if you wanna have a go at the complete line, you can try it out with the cream. Your skin will feel and smell amazing.

Almost done with the cream


Hope you liked my review and do not hesitate to leave your comments down below and ask me if you have any questions about that particular product.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet

  

\(^_^)/
    Aegyo Girl


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative information about sodium hyaluronate powder bulk with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete