Translate

Sunday 27 March 2016

REVIEW: Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in 01 Copper Spice

Hi Everyone!

When I look back on my older posts, I realised I never reviewed any eyeshadows (MY BADDDDD!!!). I'm gonna rectify that with this post. Despite the fact I've never posted about them, I actually love eyeshadows, liners, well, eye makeup in general. Sadly enough, I barely think about reviewing them. They have become such a staple in my daily life that I forget to talk about them. I have quite a few products in stock but I will review them as soon as I have some time.lol.


So, for my first post on eyeshadows, it will be about a brand that I've been using for a while and that I love 'cause I'm more into neutrals and wearable daily looks. It's the Revlon ColoStay  12 Hour Eye Shadow in 01 Copper Spice.
 
I actually received it as a gift from someone who's been to the UK. So, I can't tell about the price or where it was bought. But it's available online and it's a common brand. So it can be easily found in many stores out there. 


What it is


Looks freshly applied for up to 12 hours

Patented ColorStay technology delivers crease-proof, fade-proof, smudge-proof wear.
Powder glides on silky smooth, blends effortless for seamless color. 
Fragrance free.
Ophtalmologist tested.
Suitable for contact lens wearers

How to use:

1. Apply one or both midtones on lid and blend
2. Use deepest shade to contour in crease or to softly line eyes with pointed tip applicator.
3. Use lightest shade to highlight browbone.
It comes in a black plastic packaging. Nothing great. It is just a simple and ordinary eye shadow palette. Unfortunately, the applicator was completely ruined when I opened it. This tends to happend when you keep your cosmetics in hot and humid conditions. But anyways, I threw it away and used my eye shadow brushes instead. I won't blame anyone for this. hehe








The palette consists of 4 shimmery shades:

- the first one is the base and is more like a shimmery yellow/gold 
-the second one is a gorgeous rose gold shade, my favourite
-the third one is more of  a red- brown, like copper
-the last shade is a very dark brown shade

The shadows are very powdery in texture, soft, easy to blend and can be worn on all occasions. I love how they match my skin and dark brown eyes. I've always preferred those kinds of shades for my eyes. As a teen, I never felt confident to wear eye shadows. I didn't know how to apply these. I would steal my mum's makeup, try them on and end up looking like a zombie or panda or whatever. Then I came across youtubers (thumbs up to Michelle Phan) who taught me how to use makeup in an appropriate manner. So I bought some pale colors first, then darker colors to train myself.lol  I managed to finally go out with a smokey eye when I was about 21 or 22. I don't claim that I apply it like a pro now but it does not look exaggerated and scary (I think). I usually ask Mum if I look okay or not. So I rely on her opinion at times. Not easy to pull off, I know.

The shades might be more on the shimmery sides but they can be worn for work or for any occasions and don't look too heavy on the eyes. They are perfect for the chocolate smokey eyes (hahaha). That suits me better than the usual black smokey eyes. Anyways, even if you are not that good at applying eye makeup like me, light colors like those ones make your tasks easier. It won't look overwhelmed or be visible even if you mess up the application a little bit.


Swatches
How they look on my eyes.Can you distinguish them? lol

As for their lasting power which claims to be 12 hours, euhhhhh...... I definitely can say that they are not that long lasting, especially for the gold and rose gold shades. They just fall out easily and no longer look shimmery. The lightest shades would just fade after 3 to four hours. As for the darker shades, they would last a little longer, but definitely not 12 hours.  Sometimes, I would use a mixture of brands to complement the colors and add to the lasting power. Maybe with an eye primer, these eye shadows would last longer. But I haven't tried them with an eye primer yet since I don't have any!!! :( :( :( But when I do, I'll make sure, I'll update this post.

So, let's summarize my views on that eye shadow palette
 

Pros:
-Gorgeous colors 
-Wearable for any daily occasions
-Would suit any skin tone

Cons:
-The eye shadows fall out quickly; Not Long-lasting
-The 2 lightest shades are not that pigmented

To conclude, I'd say that palette is so-so. Although the colors are a good combination, I'd say that palette is not great because of its lasting power. There are indeed more effective palettes with more or less the same neutral colors. I'll continue use it though until I get another palette in hand. What do you think of this palette? Did you use it? Which eye shadow palettes would you recommend to me? Please leave your views and comments down below.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet
  
\(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

1 comment:

  1. This is a very interesting and informative blog. It's really useful blog. I really loved reading your blog. haute her

    ReplyDelete