Translate

Friday 8 April 2016

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Mild Papaya Peeling Exfoliant

Hello Everyone!


These days I admit, I've got that thing for peeling stuffs. I love peeling things off my skin. Like when I used to get sunburns and a few days later, my skin would naturally start to peel off like a snake. ewww. Yeah I loved doing that. But in the long run, I learned that it was bad to actually inflict such pain to one's skin. However, in the meantime, I also got to find out that there were products that are actually used as peeling. So, you actually end up peeling something other than your skin, while cleaning it. I got to experience the skin shedding thing (check out my review for THEFACESHOP Black Yeast Peel-off Pack), but the product I'm gonna review this time is actually a different kind of peeling. It's totally on another level.

It's THEFACESHOP Mild Papaya Peeling Exfoliant!



What it is

A mild peeling product that contains natural enzymes from papaya removes the dead skin cells.

Get clear, flawless looking skin with this papaya scrub. Gentle on the skin, it efficiently removes impurities and dead skin cells that clog pores.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Steartrimonium methosulfate, acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethyllhexanoin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Papain, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance.
Caution:

Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rash appear. Do not use on broken or abraded skin. Keep out of reach of children. Be aware of scrub grains when using the product.
To use within 12 months after opening
Directions:

After drying,  pump the product 1~2 times and apply it on the entire face, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Massage for 30 seconds and wash off when the dead skin cells come off.



Sealed in a plastic film
Literature
Pump with stopper

Stopper removed and I'm making a mess on my desk

THEFACESHOP Mild Papaya Peeling Exfoliant comes in a white plastic bottle with a papaya design and a black pump. There is actually no cap but the product is prevented from flowing out thanks to a stopper, which you have to remove before being able to use the pump and put back after use. The whole bottle is sealed in a plastic film. No packaging box available. It is actually a very simple and ordinary bottle pump.

The product is a milky semi-transparent gel. It has a really fruity scent, which is quite pleasant. However, you have to work with the product really quickly as it gets cloudier when in contact with the skin. Only 2 pumps is sufficient for my entire face. As you apply and massage it thoroughly onto your skin, white particles will start to appear on the surface of your skin, which I learned from THEFACESHOP sales rep was dead skin. ewww
As you go on massaging your face, more particles will appear. After 30 seconds, wash off.

After washing off with lukewarm water, my skin felt clean and refreshed, not dry. It kind of felt like I used a cleansing oil. My skin was left moisturised. However, I observed that after using it, my blackheads did not come off. So, don't expect it to work like any other exfoliating products or scrubs or peeling. It is like it claims to be, really mild. So, your skin won't be irritated in whatsoever way. Hence, don't expect blackheads to be removed like when you are using "extreme" methods.
As soon as pumped into my hands
Dead skin all over the place

THEFACESHOP Mild Papaya Peeling Exfoliant is actually really good for sensitive skin like mine. For instance, every time I would use a scrub back in the day, where I thought the more I rubbed my skin with such products, the cleaner would be my skin. Cleaner it got for sure, but my skin ended up being irritated; pimples and redness would appear. Less likely with this one. If you have sensitive skin like I do, go for mild peeling exfoliant :D

Pros:
-Mild, perfect for sensitive skin
-Removes dead skin effectively
-Moisturising
-Not Drying
-Affordable
-Hygienic

Cons:
- Does not remove blackheads

Conclusion:

Overall, I recommend this product especially to those who have sensitive skin. But it is appropriate for all skin types, whether you have oily skin, or dry skin. It is totally unlike any other peels that generally strip your skin of its moisture. I would consider repurchasing it, of course.


Stay Beautiful and Sweet
\(^_^)/  


Aegyo Girl

3 comments:

  1. Ohh! I love me some peeling gels as well. My long time favourite has been Secret key's lemon d-toc peeling gel and nothing has beat it so far! I might give this one a chance but I don't think it is strong enough for my dead and flaky skin that pretty much comes back overnight :(. Thank you for your review!

    www.christinahello.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina!

      I read your review on Secret key's lemon d-toc peeling gel. It was really informative.But I already bought that one back then and liked it. Hmm, yeah it is mild, like it says. So, I don't know if it will help much for dry skin but it does for my sensitive skin. Such a great alternative to scrubs which break me out. I'm also more of a combination type of skin. But "winter" is coming in here in Mauritius and my skin will get a bit dry and flaky. We'll see how it works then.

      Anyways, thanks for liking my review :D

      Delete
  2. Interesting post about Papaya Face scrub jam! Papaya face scrubs are good.

    ReplyDelete