Translate

Monday 4 April 2016

REVIEW: Johnson's® Face Care: Oil Control Face Wash

Hello Everybody!


I've been trying out a lot of cleansers lately. I have combination skin and oily T-zone. So, I need to wash my face at least twice a day even when I'm not wearing makeup. It's the routine for me to maintain my skin clean and healthy. This time I will again review a product which comes from the same line as another previous post of mine. It's the Johnson's® Face Care: Oil Control Face Wash. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you should be familiar with that face wash. It's indeed from the same line as the Johnson's® Even Complexion Facial Wash.

So, let's go and see what this baby has in store for us.




What it is

-Johnson's Face Care: Oil Control Face Wash

-For normal to oily skin

-With grapefruit and lemongrass extracts

-effectively washes away dirt and excess oil


Johnson's Face care oil control Range is specially formulated to help control shine and keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful. Johnson's Face Care: Oil Control Face Wash contains skin loving Grapefruit and Lemongrass extracts. It leaves your skin feeling clean and refreshed. Helps to control shine for beautiful healthy looking skin. Will not dry your skin. Soap Free. Oil Free.

Directions: Use morning and evening. Lather on moistened hands and gently massage over damp face and neck. Rinse thoroughly.

Ingredients:

Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl GLucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum.

It contains 150 mL of product.


I should also emphasize that I did not buy this face wash. It was again gifted to me by an acquaintance and I wanted to review it and compare it with the Johnson's® Even Complexion Facial Wash.

It has a very appealing pale green packaging with the grapefruit and lemongrass pictures on it. As for the face wash itself, unlike the Johnson's® Even Complexion Facial Wash, which has small bursting beads, it is a clear colorless gel but has a very strong citrus scent. The scent does have that mixture of grapefruit and lemongrass scents. I'd say it would be more on the lemongrass side though. Yeah dude that scent is really strong. To be honest, I love eating super acidic citrus meringue tarts or drink lemon tea. But to feel that on my face felt quite awkward. But if you love citrus scents, you will be served. lol




Back View



What bugged me again was the fact that there was no actual stopper. So, as soon as I would open the lid, there would be a large amount of product bursting out at one go, which obviously is a complete wastage. Considering the fact that the face wash is runny and hence, tends to flow out easily without even having to squeeze a lot, Johnson's® could have included a stopper or incorporated a pump.  




It doesn't lather at all, which bugs me, 'cause I love 'em foam.Well, it's not a cleansing foam either.

Do you prefer your cleansers to lather or not? I feel like I didn't wash my face when there is no foam.

Anyways, the face wash, as it calls itself, feels soft on the face. But I feel like it does not clean my face thoroughly, like just on the surface, and it is a bit drying, though it claims not to be. The positive side is that it does remove excess oil from the skin. It is, nonetheless, not that good at removing makeup well. So, make sure to use a makeup remover beforehand.

Pros:
-Removes excess oil from skin
-Nice appealing packaging

Cons:
-Strong scent
-Drying
-Does not cleanse thoroughly
-Does not remove makeup properly
-Does not lather well
-Does not have a stopper  





Conclusion

The Johnson's® Face Care: Oil Control Face Wash is an Okay face wash for me. Not bad, but not a holy grail for me. I do prefer foam cleansers a lot more. I bet I would not repurchase any of these two cleansers. But since I'm having them for free, that's great. haha

Stay Beautiful and Sweet
\(^_^)/  


Aegyo Girl

3 comments:

  1. Hey Thanks for sharing this blog over here.
    Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing fine. Today I am going to review a face wash for oil control and Tan Removal
    Oil Control Power DTOX Face Wash
    Buy Skinatura Oil Control Face Wash
    Skinatura Oil Control 100X Power DTOX Face Wash (100 G)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a great site for everything around the house and it also has a
    useful Beauty Section . You can see the best products in
    each category and they also have test results to back up the information they are giving you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with a lot of the points you made in this oil control foam wash article.They are very nice and very useful to us

    ReplyDelete