Translate

Friday 24 July 2015

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Bright Eyes Modeling Gel Patch


Hi Everyone!
 

What’s up?

This time, I’m gonna make a review of the THEFACESHOP Bright Eyes Modeling Gel Patch. It's been quite a while now since I’ve wanted to try out eye patches (yay).
 

I think the first time I knew these stuffs existed was in a video made by Michelle Phan on How to do your in-flight makeup routine, or something like that. I didn’t know that sticking patches could really make you look less like a zombie. Well, I don’t really have puffy eyes or dark circles (Yep, I always make sure I’m having a good sleep, lol). Since then, I saw these eye patches everywhere. It’s become quite a trend in the cosmetics industry, just like face masks, lip masks, jawline masks and what not. I don’t know where that trend started but it seems that in South Korea, these masks were being sold by every brand.




Recently, THEFACESHOP Mauritius made those little goodies available here and I couldn’t resist from buying them. They cost Rs 165 (about $4.60) and weigh barely 4g / 0.14 oz. I bought two of those, one for me (for review) and another for my mum who is very much into skincare for the eye area lately. 


One Bright Eyes Modeling Gel Patch contains two gel patches, one for each eye (or under eye area to be more specific), obviously. They come in those simple well sealed pale green and grey packaging. They are portable and can be carried to work, on flights, wherever and whenever you feel your under eye areas are dry or puffy.

How to  use: 



"(Face Yoga for Bright Eyes): 1. Using fingers from both hands, gently press bones under the eyes. 2. Using fingers from both hands, gently massage in & outward in circular motion. (Repeat 10 times)"

"Directions: 1. After face yoga, peel off the film and stick the patch well under and around the eyes. 2. Take off the patch after 20-40 minutes and tap skin lightly to get it absorbed."


On reading the instructions, I was taken aback by the fact that we had to perform Face Yoga first before applying the patches. I thought this step was actually funny. But if it meant to optimise the effectiveness of the patches, yeah why not?

From the packaging, it can be seen that the patches are soaked in some liquid or gel. You might think the patches are white from the look of it. However, as you open it up, the patches have actually a transparent film on one side and a white film on the other. In fact the patches look fibrous but feel like jello. They are very slippery. Better make sure that you lie down while applying it 'cause the patch might just slip away (oops!).


These patches are so refreshing. I instantly felt relaxed and like my under eye area was being reinvigorated. However after 30 minutes, and removing the patches, I didn't really find any noticeable change. Like I said, I don't have puffy eyes. I did felt that part of my face was hydrated and pumped up. To clear out my doubts, I tried it on puffy-eyed Mum (haha).  Well, her eyes did look slightly less tired. 
Meh, trying on the patches

Personally, I think these patches work best as a complement to a regular skincare routine for the eyes, which include face yoga (haha), eye cream and a good night's sleep, or as prevention for dry skin during flights (next time i'm taking a flight, I'll make sure to have one of those on me) or just to have fun during slumber parties and take weird selfies. They are indeed fun and useful at the same time.



                                                                              
      STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!



                
 \(^_^)/

    AEGYO GIRL

2 comments: