Translate

Friday 7 August 2015

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack

Hi Everybody!

Long time no see! It's been quite a while, right? I've been quite busy lately. But this didn't refrain me from trying out new products for you out there.


Sleeping packs have become quite a trend in South Korea and it is an essential step in the skincare routine of so many people there. Sleeping packs or masks are usually in the form of creams or gels that you apply on your face just before going to bed, and that you wash off as soon as you wake up, feeling refreshed for the day. I had quite a hard time laying my hands on one, 'cause it's practically unknown here. But since THEFACESHOP Mauritius opened, I can no longer say Korean cosmetics are not within my reach.



So, they just had that sleeping pack line on their shelves. I had the choice between the Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask, the Collagen Pomegranate Pack and the Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack. As I always like to take some risks, my choice ended on the latter.


To be honest, I don't know why I choose the seaweeds pack over the other ones. Well, maybe 'cause it's not an ingredient I am familiar with compared to Pomegranate and it's moisturizing after all (helpful for the winter season here). Let's go by the fact that this was my reasoning for buying it (lol).
It contains 110 mL/3.7 fl.oz of product.

Front View
Back View

Like many THEFACESHOP products, the sleeping pack's packaging lays emphasis on the natural ingredients that they use in their products. While the Pomegranate looked sweet and yummy, the seaweeds pack had a more refreshing appeal to it. It has that bright green seaweeds picture on the tube and it claims that it "provides vitality and moisture to tired skin". Sure, I've been pretty tired lately. Hopes it boosts me up.

What bugged me is that they didn't put it in a box like for the Rasberry Roots one. Is that important? I don't think so. Just saying. However, like The FaceShop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam (Mung Beans) , it was enclosed in a protective plastic film, which literally saved the day. And it's also hygienic since you don't have to scrape your fingers into the product, unlike other brands. So, forget about germs and contamination. But I kind of thought it lacked class and glamor. I mean, look at Etude House's packaging boxes. These are totally dope. Nevermind.


As for the product itself, it is more like a soft gel with a cloudy appearance. It is very cool on the touch, a little bit like products with mint. It has more of a soft plant/aloe-like scent, not bad actually. As the mask is spread over the skin, it might look sticky but it's not, in reality. It gets absorbed very quickly into the skin, providing extra moisture throughout the cold dark night (lol).
Swatch
After Spreading the pack

Directions:
"Before going to bed, spread evenly over your face, avoiding the eye and lip contour areas."

Which I did. It has a very cooling effect. I thought it would feel awkward,  and gelatinous as I put myself to sleep but it was the exact opposite. Yeah I did felt there was something cool on my face but it didn't bother me. In fact, it helped me to sleep soundly and the next morning, my face has never felt so refreshed and hydrated. I washed off the product and my skin felt taut and was like "baby skin" according to Mum. No wonder why sleeping packs are so popular lately.

One more thing...The rep at the store advised me to use it once a week after cleanser and toner, although makeup artists online claimed they used sleeping packs every night after their whole skincare routine which includes an armada of products (from cleanser to eye cream). Who to trust? Hard to say. To be on the safe side and since it's my first time using this kind of product, I went by the rep's advice.

Pros:
-Moisturizing *****
-Hydrating*****
-Nice Scent****
-Soft and comfortable****
-Portable***
-Hygienic****

Cons:
-Simplistic Packaging


To conclude, THEFACESHOP Seaweeds Moisturizing Pack made me fall absolutely in love with sleeping packs. My skin has never felt so hydrated in the morning, especially during this dry season. It's only my first time using one and I will definitely buy from THEFACESHOP and from other brands (Innisfree has got a lot in that area. I regret not buying one online).  But surely, this product lives up to its promises.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet
  
 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl
                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. I lovelovelove seaweeds products, as of now i am using The Green Tea Seed sleeping pack from innisfree, but this one seems equally good *-*


    ---

    www.chocowip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martina! I wanted to buy the Innisfree sleeping pack as well, but since the MERS outbreak, I haven't been buying stuffs from South Korea 'cause of customs issues. Please tell me how you found it. I'd like to know.

      Since The Faceshop opened here, I tried that one first and it's really good. You should definitely try it ^_^

      Delete