Translate

Wednesday 2 September 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree Eco Brow Pencil in No.1 Grey

Hi Everyone!

What's up?

Time to get back to some serious reviewing. I've been slacking off a bit lately. Sorry. Returning from vacation, Resuming work and studies right away has been really tough (I'm such a lazy bone). Well, During that time, I've seized the opportunity to do some shopping for the sake of reviewing. Lavish spending on cosmetics does so much good to my mental health, but not to my wallet, unfortunately.


In my everlasting search of the perfect brow product, I've come across the Innisfree Eco Brow Pencil, which I purchased on www.innisfreeworld.com for $4 quite a while back. It is a really popular product in South Korea and is used by famous make-up artists.


It is available in 4 different colors:

No.1 Gray
No. 2 Black
No. 3 Brown
No.4 Deep Brown

It is also described as a "wide oval shaped auto eye eyebrow pencil. (Spiral brush included)"

Colors available
Well, I hesitated between Gray and Deep Brown. However, my other eyebrow kits were brown and it was evident that I had drawn on brows (Poor me). Black, on the other hand, would made me look like the Wicked Witch of the West (lol).  So, I went with the Gray one as it would blend easily in my barely existent brows and fair skin; and I didn't regret my choice (ouf).

First off, the brow pencil did not even come in a package box ( I've got this thing for packaging, dunno why). It just came in bubble wrap. Whatever. So, the brow pencil is embedded in ivory-colored plastic. It's very light and portable, easily slipped in the makeup pouch. It weighs just 0.3 g after all.

Instructions in Korean. Didn't understand a thing as always, except that it's made in Korea, yoohoo

Ingredients:
IRON OXIDE (CI 77499), HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, IRON OXIDE (CI 77491), HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, ZINC STEARATE, IRON OXIDE (CI 77492), STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHEROL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL IRON OXIDE (CI 77499), HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, IRON OXIDE (CI 77492), MICA, IRON OXIDE (CI 77491), ZINC STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHEROL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL
What it is
[Auto type eyebrow pencil that creates a soft makeup]

1. Has a flat, oval shaped pencil

2. Creates a natural look with a soft texture.

3. Has a spiral shaped brush

How it looks like, with the pencil on one end and the spooley on the other end

Close-up on the pencil (It's indeed flat, oval-shaped)
Close-up on Spooley Brush
How to use
1. Outline the eyebrow line by filling in any empty areas.

2. Brush the eyebrows from the head to tail for a groomed look.


Indeed, the pencil has a very soft texture, and just glides on application. It can be a bit difficult when using it for the first time. I just kept drawing and drawing but the difference was barely visible. However, application became much easier when the first layer of the carbon part was used up. What I like about it though is that this gave a my brows a less harsher look. Western eyebrow pencils tend to leave harsh edges that made me really look weird. And that's why I love Korean eyebrow products-Much softer and natural-looking.

The brows looked much more natural after brushing it with the spooley. The latter is very soft and brushes the brows very well for that groomed look (Thumbs up to the spooley).
Quite an ugly close-up and it looks drawn on but can't help it (i'm brow bald). I tried having a better selfie (duh), but it's pretty much representative of how the brow pencil looks like (yeah I like my brows thick)

In general, the Innisfree Eco Brow Pencil lives up to expectations and can be used on a daily basis. It can last a whole day unlike brow powder which tends to fall off. This color looks quite natural on my brows and matches my hair color (black). But personally, I preferred the Etude House Drawing Eyebrow Pencil  which I bought last year on Ebay. It had  a better coverage. Too bad, I already used it up without reviewing (pfff) and it is not available neither on Ebay anymore nor on Etude House's Online Store (double pfff)

(Update: Okay I come back to what I said previously. The Innisfree Eco Brow Pencil is my personal favourite brow pencil right now. After using it everyday for a while, application becomes much easier and faster, and it looks pretty much natural. I just can't live without that product. As at December 2015, I'm still using the same pencil every single day. So I can assure you it lasts for a long time, hence it's value for money.)

The Innisfree Eco Brow Pencil in No.1 Grey can be used on its own, but if you want you can complement your brow look with a brow powder or brow gel to give more volume and consistency to your brows (everything for my brows, hehe)

Pros:

-User-Friendly
-Natural-looking
-Long-lasting
-Long Lifespan 
-Portable
-Affordable
-Natural ingredients

Cons:
-First application can be a hassle

So, yeah I'd give this a good thumbs up and recommend it to all brow-lacking girl or guy, why not. Next time, I'll make sure to stock up on that pencil (haha).



STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!



                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL



7 comments:

  1. Hi! Wondering if its waterproof?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your comment :D
      Nope it's not. If you sweat or take a dip, it will be gone. Definitely not waterproof :(

      Delete
    2. Oh well bought it anyways and realised my brows are so thick it just looks so weird 😂😂

      Delete
  2. Hi! Wondering if its waterproof?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur review! ^^ thank u so much xoxo ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome cloud 9.
      And thanks to you for liking my review. :D

      Delete
  4. thanks for this review. I am thinking on getting this pen... :3

    ReplyDelete