Translate

Wednesday 30 September 2015

REVIEW: Johnson's® Even Complexion Facial Wash

Hi Everyone

Here's another review for all cosmetics lovers out there.



I'm all about cleansers lately and I'm using up my stocks like crazy. I try as much as I can to cleanse my face at least twice a day and for this purpose, I use gentle cleansers that are not drying for the face but that still removes the remnants of my makeup and excess sebum for the day. I have combination skin, that is an oily T zone and cheeks, and dry patches on my chin area. So, choosing a good product that would be the best fit fro my skin was essential as it tends to get irritated a lot.


After trying out the The FaceShop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam (Mung Beans), which is by the way a great cleanser for easily irritated skin, this time instead of buying another cleaser from the Herb Day line, I shifted to a totally different brand, an American one and which might not be unknown to you. It's the Johnson's® Even Complexion Facial Wash. I thought it would be interesting to review that product despite it not being a Korean brand (my favourite) as it has some cool features to it. I just did not want my blog to be that Korean-biased after all (lol). So, let's take a look at that face wash.

I don't know about its price here as I got it from someone (will update if I get any info on it) who works in the retail cosmetics industry and wanted me to review it :) It is for all skin types.

Packaging:

It is quite simple, and made of plastic. I find the red berry and soy (which it is supposed to contain) design kind of cute. Quite attractive and refreshing colors and design for a face wash :) It is very girly and pink (haha) If it were on a shelf, it would stand out among many other cleansers, for sure. It contains 150 mL of product.





 Ingredients

Quite Messy after opening

The Product:

The cleanser actually is transparent and gel-like, with little earth-colored beads in it. I know of products containing particles to act as scrub but why burst them? Perhaps, to increase its surface area to volume ratio of the beads so that they act more effectively on the surface of the skin. Okay after physics, this is becoming more of math and biology lecture (lol). But to be honest, I believe the effect of bursting beads will be the same as the concept of cell division to further increase metabolic reactions in the Human body (alright, whatever).

The beads are actually more fragile and delicate. After bursting them with my fingers, they became a bit like powder.

Before

After (Boom!)
Unlike many cleansers I've used, this one doesn't lathers a lot. It kind of maintains that slimy state even when applying on the face. Consequently, a lot of product is required for the whole face.

On application, it feels very gentle and smooth. It has a faint fruity smell and the bursting beads are so small you can barely feel something rough on your skin, except for the big size ones. After washing off the cleanser, the skin doesn't feel dry. It is clean, free from make-up and refreshing.

However, in terms of soothing my acne, I don't feel any different. I've been having breakouts as I am writing this review and after using it for a week. Guess I can't do anything about my damn acne. So, it's not a Holy Grail item to me. Definitely not.

Pros:
-Not Drying
-Thoroughly cleanse the face
-Act as a very mild scrub 
-Pleasant scent
-Practical and appealing packaging
-For all Skin types

Cons:
-Liable to wastage (doesn't foam a lot, gel-like consistency makes it slides out of the tube as you open it 
-Does not prevent acne

Personally, I like this cleanser and recommend it to you. I don't think it must be that expensive as it is a commercial brand, and is supposedly found in supermarkets. 

What did you think of my new review? what cleansers do you use for acne? Which Brand? I wanna Know, Leave your comments below and don't forget to follow me on my SNS Accounts :)

STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!



                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

3 comments:

  1. hie. which website did you buy this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a gift I received from an acquaintance who works in the retail industry. But in general, it must be available in supermarkets in Mauritius or elsewhere in the world as well. :)

      Delete