Translate

Sunday 27 September 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree Water Glow Cushion SPF 50+ PA++ in No. 21

Hi Beauty Lovers!


I've been reviewing new products quite a lot lately and because of that I left aside a few others that I've had for quite a while now and the  Innisfree Water Glow Cushion SPF 50+ PA++ is among them. As you might already be aware of Koreans are all over cushions. Even guys there have their own cushions (how crazy!I wonder what's the difference with the female version though). So, I've been wanting to review that cushion when I started my blog but my zeal to review newly purchased products kept me delaying with that Cushion. But now that people are asking all over the net, "what do you think of Innisfree's cushion???", this gave me the motivation again.









I've purchased it at the end of last year (wow. That's been so long) for $23 on www.innisfreeworld.com) and received it in mid-January. At that time, there was the end of year sales and a free refill (which is priced at $14)  was offered. As at date I'm still using it and the refill is still well sealed in its package :P

The problem with buying online is that you don't get to test the product first. So I ended up buying  a shade blindly. Here in Mauritius, we always have mainly darker shades and I would rarely get to buy a foundation or BB that matches my skin tone that well. With Korean Products, I thought they might have something for me. Haha. But this was like the extreme opposite of what we have here. The shades are actually so light, like almost white. Now, I have the white cast problem like with THEFACESHOP Air Cotton Base.. Anyways, let's come back to the review of the Innisfree Water Glow Cushion.

Innisfree has 3 range of cushions, which are adapted for different skin types and climates:
-Ampoule Intense Cushion
-Long Wear Cushion
-Water Glow Cushion

And each one is available in 3 different shades although the Long Wear Cushion has 3 more darker shades:
-No. 21 Light Beige
-No. 22 Natural Beige
-No. 23 True Beige




Why I chose the Water Glow? Well, my logic might sound quite weird. I actually just started buying Korean products and I wanted to have that dewy look that all my idols/hallyus had. Also, the Ampoule Intense Cushion had only SPF 34, and the Long Wear Cushion just gave me chills as I don't like waterproof stuffs or things that would stick to my skin a lot. Water Glow really gave the impression of a watery-looking skin. Ok, never go by my logic. It doesn't work out this way. Each skin type has its own needs and I learnt that later, unfortunately. But with its high SPF , it is more appropriate for spring and summer like the Long Wear Cushion, while the Ampoule Intense Cushion is a Winter cushion


What it does

[Water glow cushion full of moisture]

1. 100% squeezed Jeju green tea water fills the skin with essential moisture.

2. Moisture coating effect from the water glow complex

3. It cools down your skin upon application to soothe the skin from environmental damage

4. Powerful UV protection with SPF 50+ PA+++

It is a 4-free system: Free of talc, animal ingredients, synthetic fragrance and acrylamide
How to use

Put an appropriate amount on the puff, apply lightly along the skin texture instead of the foundation and gently dab. Reapply and pat down, if needed.

Ingredients


The green Tea Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Propylene Glycol, Propanediol, Arbutin, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Acrylate/Ethyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Mineral Salt, Rice Powder, Glycerin, Tangerine Peel Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Orange Extract, Tangerine Extract, Yellow Iron Oxides, Red Iron Oxides, Black Iron Oxides, Fragrance

Like many Innisfree products, the packaging is very simple, and is obviously made of recycled materials. Although its long journey to me kind of ruined it a little bit, I still thought it was pretty and environment-friendly..






Compact made of plastic, it's fantastic. (lol)




The box is not dirty. The spots are part of the recycled material or it' might just be soy ink
Cushion and refill out of the box
Huff Puff, the Air Puff


Cushion and Built-in Mirror
Swatch


So the Cushion came into that very simple compact which has that off-white color and it has a mirror embedded in it and an air puff. It's very light and handy. The product has a weird herbal/medicinal scent to it though, which I don't really like.

Nonetheless, I really like that product. It really has gave that beautiful dewy glow and it doesn't feel drying, heavy or thick on my face. It is slightly moisturizing. It has good coverage and covers up my pores, scars and small blemishes. However, it does not cover up huge pimples like those I usually have, so well. They are still visible beneath the foundation. Layering 2-3 times becomes necessary. 

Under ordinary to dim light, the Water Glow Cushion can have a matte, almost powdery finish. On the other hand, under strong sunlight, it can have that beautiful natural dewy and glowy finish. But under flash photography, Oh My God!, I look straight up like a ghost. The white cast is so obvious. Still dewy and glowy but a little bit too much for me. Also, some touch-ups are required after a few hours and it is not waterproof.



There is clearly a difference. I had a slight tan lately. But it does brighten the skin


Experimenting with eye shadows, powders and eyeliners. The colors are more vibrant with the cushion

Refill:
You can't imagine what I went through to break this out


Well, changing the refill can be quite a tough task. I almost broke the whole compact and my nails. The cushion not as easy to remove as the Etude House's cushion where you just push from the bottom and it jumps out. I don't know why that one is made up into such complex system.

Pros:
-Medium to Good Coverage
-Dewy and Glowy finish
-Covers up pores and blemishes
-Good make up base
-Natural looking under sunlight
-Not Drying
-Not Thick
-Portable

Cons:
-Matte and powdery finish in dim light
-White cast with flash photography
-Does not cover up big pimples
-Weird grassy smell
-Expensive (although it's supposed to be among the inexpensive brands)
-Not long lasting
-Easily contaminated (That applies to all cushion brands I guess)
-Limited shades
-Not waterproof
-Changing the refills is a hassle


To sum this up, the Innisfree Water Glow Cushion has its advantages and disadvantages depending on where and when you use it. It's truly a double-edged product. I'd recommend to use it at the beach (if you are just going to walk not take a dive) or when you hang out in broad day light. You may then take a lot of beautiful photos of you with flawless skin. But don't use at night, especially if you plan to take lots of photos with flash unless it's for Halloween. lol Make sure to apply both on face and neck or the difference might be too noticeable. In the end, it's all about being in the right lighting Otherwise, I recommend this product to all the girls having fair complexions, sadly (Be it from No. 21 to 23).

Otherwise, have you tried Innisfree Water Glow Cushion or an other cushion from Innisfree or other brands? I wanna know. Please leave your comments down below or on my other social media.

By the way, Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!


STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!




                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love Innisfree and this cushion is in my wishlist *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Innisfree too. Check out my new haul here: http://aegyo-makeuppassionate.blogspot.com/2015/10/innisfree-haul.html#more

      Bear in mind that Innisfree cushions suit different skin types, different skin complexions, different seasons and different climates. It's very important when it comes to choosing your cushions. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Do you know where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Rose.
      Sorry for the late reply. I was a bit on an offline mode lately. As for your question, this product has been discontinued on the Innisfree Website. Maybe you could look for it on eBay or Amazon, but that could be a risk of buying fakes. But I do feel they stopped selling those officially.

      Delete