Translate

Tuesday 9 June 2015

REVIEW: Super volcanic pore clay mask special set

Hello Beauty passionates out there!


Freedom!!!!! Exams are over!!! Back to some hard work here. hehe!!! :D 

So I am back with my long-awaited review of the Limited edition: Super volcanic pore clay mask special set which I purchased like 3 months ago on www.innisfreeworld.com to give some love to my awful-looking pores :3


The Super volcanic pore clay mask special set contains 3 products:

-Jeju super volcanic pore clay mask 100ml (22 Global Beauty Award Winning Product)
-Jeju volcanic pore cleansing foam 30ml 
-Jeju volcanic pore toner 70ml  



Credits: Innisfreeworld.com


I just love that set. Initially, I intended to buy the Super Volcanic Clay Mask only. Then, around December 2014, Innisfreeworld.com made that set available for the same price as stand-alone Super volcanic clay mask, that is, $15. I just could not believe my eyes. You would get two more products (the Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam (30 mL) and the Jeju Volcanic Pore Tone (70 mL))for free. (Wow) Well, they are just samples (hmm, pretty big samples cuz I'm still using them) but I think the whole set itself is worth the price. Like you just can use the product line for your pore problems. I just could not miss that, right?

Background info on Volcanic scoria:
Self-explanatory, right?

Packaging:

The Clay mask set comes in the usual recycled packaging specific to Innisfree. It is simple, yet appealing. I really appreciate the environment-friendly efforts they put in while dealing with cosmetics.

The clay mask set comes in that brown box and I got an Inni Krabag as a free gift
Note: As of today, I kind of regret I bought it back then in terms of free gifts because there's a huge promotion on the online store where they are offering the Minho pouch and a Lee Min Ho hand mirror (for Minho fans, grab that opprotunity), and a few sheet masks for $34. Well, when you consider the price, hmm, ok no regrets. haha

A little brief


Kind of looks like the picture above from the website the day I received it. You are never deceived by Korean promotions. You get what you see although my box set was bit dented. Damn postal service




According to the product specifications:

It is a "6-in-1 Pore Care", that is, it is supposed to:
 "Contract Pores + Controls sebum + Exfoliate + Deep 
Cleanse + Brighten Tone + Cooling"

It adopts the 4-free system : Free of parabens, synthetic fragrance, colorants, mineral oil and imidazolidinyl urea 

 "1. Includes Jeju volcanic cluster ingredients. 
Containing 6,020mg of the Jeju volcanic clay, it effectively removes sebum.

2. Strong removal of sebum through the Super Volcanic Capsule  
As the capsule bursts, its exfoliates any dead skin cells. AHA element helps chemical exfoliation and smoothes out the skin. 

3. Clear & Refreshing Pore Contraction! 
 
Strong absorption of sebum and cooling effect of the clay 
refreshes the skin and contracts pores."


Jeju volcanic pore cleansing foam


[Ingredients] Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, PEG-32, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Hydrated Silica, Lauryl Glucoside, Volcanic Ash (Jeju Volcanic Cluster), Green Tea Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Flower Extract, Mineral Water (Water from Volcanic Rock in Jeju), Bamboo Extract, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Lauramide DEA, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Silica, Corn Starch, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

The first step of the pore care treatment is to cleanse the face. This one came as a sample (30 mL). The full size comes in a  150 mL tube as pictured below and usually costs $10 on its own.


Credits: Innisfreeworld.com


I initially thought it would smell like clay or volcanic rocks. But I was pleasantly surprised when I squirted the product in my hands. It smelled so good, having a almost a flowery scent. It also has some brown-yellow particles to act as scrub.
Swatch

How to: Apply an appropriate amount onto wet hands and work into rich lather. A small bit is enough to create a generous amount of lather for cleansing (fortunately cuz 30 mL seems too little). After massaging, rinse off with lukewarm water.

It feels smooth on the skin and is not drying like other western-branded cleansers I've used before. It also cleans the face and pores thoroughly. So, I totally recommend this product.

Jeju volcanic pore toner

[Ingredients] WATER, ALCOHOL, PROPANEDIOL, VOLCANIC ASH, PROTEASE, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, SODIUM MAGNESIUM SILICATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SODIUM LACTATE, LACTIC ACID, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE

2nd step is toner. Like the cleanser, I got a free 70 mL sample. The full size comes in a 250 mL bottle as pictured and costs $21. 

Credits: Innisfreeworld.com



This toner has such a wonderful flowery scent. That made me wondered if it were really made of volcanic scoria. I usually use this before using the clay mask.

How to:
1.Shake well before use so that the mineral powder is mixed in well.
2. Soak a cotton pad with the toner after washing your face.
3. Gently wipe off along the skin.


I didn't feel any difference, but it is more refreshing and milder than other toners which at times contain more alcohol. I use it only on the days I have my pore treatments. I assume it has a complementary effect when used together with the cleanser and mask.

Jeju super volcanic pore clay mask 

[Ingredients] WATER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, VOLCANIC ASH, GLYCERIN, SILICA, TREHALOSE, KAOLIN, BENTONITE, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, JUGLANS REGIA (WALNUT) SHELL POWDER, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, PVP, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYSORBATE 60, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, XANTHAN GUM, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, SORBITAN STEARATE, POLYACRYLATE-13, MANNITOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, LACTIC ACID, POLYISOBUTENE, MENTHOXYPROPANEDIOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE, POLYSORBATE 20, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL
SNSD Im Yoona and the Super volcanic pore clay mask




Now, this is the deal. The Jeju Super Volcanic Clay Mask, an award-winning beauty product, is the main protagonist of this set, and the only one that you get as a full size product. 

This mask has been massively advertised by Innisfree as its best-selling product. They just cannot stop emphasise on the benefits this clay mask has for the skin. Below are the CF starring Girls' Generation Yoona, who's been endorsing their brand since 2009 and recommendations from Yoona, a Taiwanese beauty artist and a Model from Hong Kong.

 Super volcanic pore clay mask CF

Recommendations video

Not to confuse with the Original Volcanic Clay which comes in a paler brown pot. The Super Volcanic clay is for those with pore concerns while the Original one is for those who have excess sebum.



I was actually doubtful and suspicious about applying volcanic clay at first but the sample I got from past purchases allowed me to test the product beforehand and it actually made it feel less big of a deal. I didn't get any allergies or breakouts (except for the usual ones that I get).

It is  basically a thick greyish paste and yeah, this ones smells like clay but it is not that overwhelming. I could easily adjust to the smell. Well, it could look gross at first, thinking you might have to apply this on your face. lol







How to: After cleansing, wipe your face gently with the toner to even out skin texture. Then apply the mask over the entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area. After 10 minutes, gently rinse off with lukewarm water using your fingertips. 


Swatch


What was surprising with this mask was that it doesn't hardens that much on your face, unlike other clay masks I tried previously. It maintains its soft texture and I could easily make my facial movements.  So you still feel comfortable and not as if you've turned into a statue. After washing with lukewarm water, I realised my face wasn't dry at all. It was clean, smooth and refreshed. My pores were indeed thoroughly cleaned and my whiteheads and blackheads were almost all gone. Sometimes, I would use a blackhead strip mask to remove the rest. However, it was only after a few weeks (I use it twice a week) that I noticed a significant reduction in the size of my pores. 

Yes, I have pores (ewww), and big ones

Of course, I'm also using blackhead strips and steaming to clean my pores as well and you need to eat skin-friendly food to avoid breakouts. I am still looking forward to its long term effects (It's been only  two months since I started using it on a regular basis) but I do feel a change (will update with a Before/After pic later).

Nevertheless, I love using this product. Feels like I'm at the spa, doing a relaxing facial session (haha).

Overall, the Super volcanic pore clay mask special set is worth its $15 and I would buy it again, if need be to replenish my stock. You not only get the super star among all Innisfree products (besides the Green Tea Seed Serum), but you also get two other cool products (although they are mini versions but can be used for quite a while, if there is good management). I'm definitely giving a big thumbs up to the set in general and recommend it to you who are looking for a good clay mask.

This specific set is no longer available on innisfreeworld.com.  You can also purchase the stand-alone products, but it is always fun to buy them in sets with free gifts (yayyy).





STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

.

2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for the review.. I'd love to see all of your posts bcz i adore korean skincare products so much. Looking forward to your next post. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thanks for your comment and for showing your appreciation to my posts. Watch out for my updates. I've got tons of products to review. ;D

      Delete