Translate

Saturday 13 June 2015

REVIEW: Etude House Perfect Brow Kit

Hi Everyone!!!

This review is for all those out there (and that includes me) who weren't born with Cara Delevigne's eyebrows.





For the past couple of years, I've been obsessed with eyebrow makeup 'cause seriously, I almost don't have any, just a few strands of hairs (lolll). I just can no longer go out without drawing in my brows. I would feel naked and so low in confidence. So to cater for that lack, I've been trying out different eyebrow pencils, from Avon to Etude House Drawing and Innisfree Eco Brow Pencil. This time, I wanted to try something different, namely Brow Powder, which usually comes in the form of a small kit. Brow powders are supposed give a softer and more natural look. Three Toned Makeup Kit for Natural and Neat Eyebrows


Here is the Etude House Perfect Brow Kit I purchased on www.etudehouse.com for $9.00.


The packaging is so little and cute. As expected from Etude House, the packaging is all pink and girly.
Etude House Perfect Brow Kit Packaging
Instructions in Korean

Instructions in English


However, the little kit inside is black and pink, looking more classy. The kit itself consists of 3 different tones, namely a highlighter, a pale brown powder and a darker brown powder. 




Can Somebody translate this, please?
What's inside: How small are those brushes. they're like meant for babies




It also provide a micro mini spooley brush and a 2-in-1 angled brush and fluffy brush. They are not that easy to handle because of their sizes.


Ingredients:


TALC MICA IRON OXIDE(CI 77499) ZINC STEARATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE IRON OXIDE(CI 77492) TRICAPRYLIN IRON OXIDE(CI 77491) TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES(CI77491*CI77499) METHYLPARABEN
 
Instructions:
1. Use spooley to groom brow surface.
2. Use wide brush to gather and apply color to brow hairs along direction of natural hair growth.
3. Use angled brush to define and extend color to brow edges and tips.

4. Use wide brush to gather and apply highlighter to brow edges and tips.



When used on its own, it kinds of look natural but in my case my brows still look sparse and with time, as I scratch myself in that area, or sweat or stay in a windy environement,  the powder will fall off and my brows would lose its shape. However, I personally think the kit should be used along with a brow pencil. Use the brow pencil and darker tone to draw in the empty areas, especially the tips and use the pale brown tone for the inner parts to reduce the harsh edges. Then use the highlighter to give more dimension. 

I tried making swatches

How it actually looks like on me, using the kit only (no brow pencil)


Pros:
-All-in-one kit, very practical
-Gives a more natural, youthful and neat finish than with brow pencil
-Helps to define brow shape
-Do not leave harsh edges
-Portable and travel-friendly

Cons:
-Fades away quickly
-Not durable (if you use it everyday, it will be over soon enough)

-Super mini sized brushes, not easy to handle
-Not available in a variety of tones

On a final note, the Etude House Perfect Brow Kit does not disappoint but it could improve on a lot of areas. For instance, just like brow gels to suit different hair colors, the perfect brow kit could be made available in red, blonde, grey despite the fact that brown can suit many people but not everyone. The main issue that remains is that it cannot be used as a stand alone product. Coupled with a good brow pencil, the perfect brow kit will help give a perfect natural finish to your brow.

Hope you liked my review and that it helped in deciding whether to go for brow powders. As for me, I'm going to use it and maybe re-purchase.

 
STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL
This product can be purchased on www.etudehouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment