Translate

Saturday 27 June 2015

REVIEW: Etude House Dear My Wish Lips-Talk O202

Hi Beauty Lovers!


As you already know, I had a haul from Etude House a while ago and today I'm going to review the Etude House Dear My Wish Lips Talk which topped the Get It Beauty 2015 Blind Test Awards. The latter is a famous beauty show in South Korea where experts test different products without knowing the brands and rank them according to different criteria.




This lipstick weighs 3.5 g and  cost only US$9.50, which is basically cheap for a lipstick. I bought it on www.etudehouse.com

The Etude House Dear My Wish Lips Talk is also  available in 10  different colors with variations of pink, red, beige and orange (I bought only one as a trial though). There is even a commercial starring the perfect model for Etude, f(x) Krystal Jung. Too bad she advertised only 3 colors but she sure rocked them all .



 

3 shades of Krystal
Available in 10 different colors
How the lipsticks look for full lips and gradation lips

Packaging

I don't know any other way to describe it... but this is the cutest lipstick EVER. That little pink box looks like it came straight from a doll house. It has very intricate details which appealed to me as a girl and you can clearly notice that they really made a tremendous effort on the packaging compared to other brands which usually keep their lipsticks simple and classy.



Front












Back
Cute heart with the lipstick code


Instructions on how to use lipstick, use by 18 months, size
Ingredients specific to OR202
What's more, the lipstick itself is just adorable. It comes in a baby pink plastic packaging and has that cute little metallic bow which can be used as a ring (if you want). 



Straight from a doll house ^_^

Isn't this adorable? :)

Ingredients for OR202

"SQUALANE, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide(Ci 77891), Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Synthetic Wax, Red 6 (CI 15850), Phytosteryl/Behenyl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Mica (CI 77019), Euphorbia Cerifera (CANDELILLA) Wax, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Diisostearyl Malate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Methicone, Copernicia Cerifera (CARNAUBA) Wax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tin Oxide"

What it does
-Cushiony texture: Its creamy, lightweight texture envelops lips smoothly and comfortably like melting on lips.
-Rich color with only one swipe: Clear and rich colors expressed powerfully on lips with a lustrous finish.
-Hydrated glowing lips: It contains Vegetable Squalane to keep lips moisturized with glowing rich glossy colors.

How to apply
-Draw the lip line clearly by a lip brush
-Swipe on lips, make sure the color glides onto lips evenly.

That lipstick does what Etude House says it does. There is no doubt about that. The lipstick has a very creamy and glossy finish. The texture reminds me of my L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick which I bought almost 2 years ago during a trip in Hong Kong (which is so far the best lipstick I've ever used. So thumbs up to Etude House). It is very comfortable to wear. It's not thick and cakey. It is very very pigmented and keeps the lips moisturized. I also agree when it says use a lip brush to draw the lip line. It can get messy.

However, what was disappointing was actually the color. On the website, it appeared to have a gorgeous coral pink colour (even on the model's lips) and I love coral lipsticks. But when I tried on the lipstick, it was more a bright pink colour. It did not match the color advertised at all (as pictured below). Not that I disliked the color, but it's not something I would wear everyday to work. On the ad, it appeared to be a paler and  wearable color on a daily basis though :(



What was expected: A soft and subtle coral pink lipstick (at least it should have had a slight orange undertone)
Swatch: The difference might not be striking in the photo 'cause of bad lighting but it is actually more pigmented and vivid-looking(and VERY PINK, not a slight tint of orange or coral)
The first swatch is from my Avon Lipstick and that's somehow what I expected from a coral lipstick. The second swatch is totally pink


Weirdly enough, it looked a nice coral on my lips under natural lighting when I took a pic. When in reality, my lips looked almost neon pink. Sorry, if the picture is deceptive. I desperately tried to get pic where it looked closer to how it actually looks like, but alas. Maybe the lipstick was made to look coral in pictures only (LOL)
 Etude House Dear My Wish Lips-Talk O202

With flash photography, it looked more pink, but still does not reflect reality :(

With Flash Photography


Despite the fact I didn't get the color I expected, I like this lipstick. It looks good on pictures and I did not have much pink lipsticks anyway. So, I don't want to consider it a waste of money. It matches my skin tone well. Let's say it's an opportunity to wear a bold color for once.

Pros:
-Creamy and glossy
-Moisturing, not drying
-Not cakey
-Available in 10 colors
-Portable
-Cute Packaging

Cons:
-My order did not match the ad
-Too pigmented for daily use

Overall, besides the mishap,  Etude House Dear My Wish Lips-Talk Or202 is a good lipstick for all those who like to sport bold colors on their lips. Honestly, I wanna buy other lipsticks from that line (so i'll update on that same post for comparison). I'm trying to adjust with the OR202 in the meantime 'cause I think I might just need a little more confidence to have bold pink lips (haha).

Hope you liked my review. Please leave your comments down below and let me know what are your favourite Etude House products or lipsticks. Until then,


STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!

                 \(^_^)/
    AEGYO GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment