Translate

Thursday 11 June 2015

REVIEW: The Faceshop Glow-Date Prep Butter

Hi Everyone!

As you already know, I've been talking a lot about the opening of The Faceshop store in Mauritius. One of the first products I bought was The Faceshop Glow-Date Prep Butter. It was so expensive. It cost me like Rs 1325 (almost $ 38, whaaaaatttttt?-only now that i'm converting it into dollars) but it was an impulse purchase and western butters cost much more than that (still good, lol).   




My first Korean purchase without having to ship it myself. (hihi)


I wasn't clear about what to buy and I only knew I needed a moisturiser for the coming winter (yeps it's winter here), so I just grabbed that one having seen a commercial with Suzy in it (I just remembered it was a cream from the Mango Seed Line, but I wasn't sure it was that one. Turned out it was. Hehe). Thanks for ruining me Suzy. By the way, here is the video for the CF with Suzy (So cute)

 The Faceshop Glow-Date Prep Butter, featuring Miss A Suzy

Packaging:

The Glow-Date Prep Butter comes in that cute little box with little mango drawings with pastel colors. (How can you not resist this?) And what I like about it is that it has got instructions and labels in Korean, English and French. Most people speak English  and French here (but mainly Mauritian Creole). Hence, I think it's great to reach a wider audience.






What The Faceshop says:

The Faceshop claims that this product uses GMO free ingredients, and  it uses "Sudanes Mango extract and cherry seed extracts" (Why Sudanes? We've got mangoes here too). Moreover, it is formulated without the following 7 additives, namely "Paraben, Benzophenone, alcohol denat, Triethanolamine, tar colorant, ingredients derived from animals, sulfate". Lastly, it was subject to customer satisfaction and dermatological tests (very important).

Why Mango Seed?

The Faceshop uses this as its main ingredients as Mango seeds are known to contain "natural vegetable butter" with "rich, concentrated nutrients". It even created a whole line of products using Mango Seed extracts. Sure, it must be believing a lot on that seed's benefits for the skin.



Benefits and full ingredient list

It claims that the "must-have butter gives the skin a healthy glow. Prep yourself for your date!"

Let me point out to the fact that it says “Glow-Date Prep Butter” doesn't mean it has to be used exclusively for dates (if it could get me Lee Min Ho or his lookalike though, haha). It can be used in the morning before make up to go to school, college, work or just hang out. (or like me, at home, lol)

It is also supposed to be a formula designed to be absorbed quickly by the skin, transforms drab skin into moist and radiant skin and it is the perfect foundation for makeup. 
It delivers abundant moisture as it is absorbed deep into the skin without leaving sticky residue. Finally, the special formula process used helps skin absorbs active agents, leaving it healthy and firm.

Korean stuffs


The main qualms I have with this product is that the glass container is so bulky and gives the impression it has a lot of product but it doesn't (thumbs up to the genius who used the laws of refraction to fool people, duh). It contains just 50 mL of product. That made me wonder: I have two huge mango trees at home. If only I could use the seeds to make that butter myself...-_-)


 The Faceshop Glow-Date Prep Butter and spatula


That cover is so cute. It even reminds me of a mango 

The Faceshop Glow-Date Prep Butter has off-white milky appearance and has  a very very thick/dense consistency. Definitely a butter, not a cream.





Swatch


This is surely not to be used in Summer, especially on a tropical island. It is not sticky at all but I can't imagine myself with something so thick coupled with makeup on my face in a hot and humid climate. I guess it is more appropriate for winter. Like I said in my previous posts, winter in Mauritius has nothing to do with winters in South Korea, Europe or North America. It still looks like summer, though a bit chilly (but tourists sweat and walk around in swimsuits, Lol).  However, my skin tends to get dry but that product has made wonders for my dull looking skin. So, I agree that it turns drab skin into glowing and radiant skin.

Furthermore, the sales rep at The Faceshop told me to use it before make-up. So, after cleansing and toning, I dab some of that butter, using the spatula provided, on the dry areas of my face, namely cheek, chin and forehead. I won't recommend to use it on an oily T-zone. It would look even more oily and increase shininess. I can tell it can be a good primer as well. It absorbs quite quickly into the skin, making it feel firm and moisturised. Make-up can be applied easily afterwards.



In any case, I love that butter. It is moisturising and does give a dewy glow on the cheeks (It had to live up to its name, especially for the price I paid that!!! lol) and it smells so good. It has a very overpowering fruity scent, but I like it (usually I don't like strong smells, point to be noted). People standing around me often notice that scent. So, I guess it is strong enough. It might not be pleasant to everyone who are very sensitive to strong fragrances. But anyways, the scent fades away quite quickly while the mositurising effect of the butter remains all day. So, no worries about whether it will bother you. I even wore it to my exams. By the way, it is very long lasting as the glow it gives remained until the afternoon when I got back from work or a day out.

Pros: 
-Moisturising
-Korean Youthful Glow (that's important to us Kpop fans)
-Absorbs quickly
-Makes the skin firm
-Not sticky
-Nice fruity Scent (Might depend on people. Some might like it, others won't)
-Long-lasting
-Does not require a generous amount for the whole face
-Good primer
-Cute Packaging 
-Instructions in English and French (Most People are bilingual here, so no probs)
-Provides a small spatula to prevent contamination and germs

Cons:
-Very very expensive for only 50 mL :O
-Thick, deceptive, fragile and bulky  glass jar
-Not portable 
-Endorsed by Suzy (she makes you wanna buy everything (even expensive stuffs cuz of her cute CFs, and it's worse if you are a fan. lol-just kidding)

Overall, yes, it is a good quality product, but for the price, it's not something I would buy very often, maybe on  a seasonal basis, during winter. I guess it could be substituted with less expensive and as effective butters out there.



STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment