Translate

Thursday 21 May 2015

THEFACESHOP in Mauritius

Hi Everyone!

Long time no see. 

I've got exams in less than two weeks and still got loads to revise. But I wanted to spare a few minutes to share a very good news with the world (you may have seen my Instagram updates though)

THEFACESHOP, a korean cosmetics brand, has opened its first flagship store in Mauritius (YES, OMG!!!!!!!!!)



To the best of my knowledge, it is the first well-known Korean cosmetics brand operating in Mauritius. Who would have thought such a miracle could be happening? There are a few Korea restaurants which have settled down here. But I never expected a Korean Makeup store. I guess it's because of the growing number of tourists from Asia, especially from Mainland China, coming here. But whatever the reason or business strategy, I am so thrilled about it. 

So this is how the Natural Story starts out:


Last Saturday night, I was a bit overwhelmed by the pressure of my part-time course, so I went on Facebook to check out the latest news. To my greatest surprise, I saw a friend of mine who liked a page called THEFACESHOP Mauritius. I quickly checked that out since I felt like there it was a remotely familiar brand to me.
 
As I scrutinised every bit of the Facebook page, I confirmed it was in fact related to THEFACESHOP in South Korea. A  flagship store would indeed open in my home city, that is Port-Louis, precisely at the Caudan Waterfront, which is a tourist hot spot. The inauguration would take place sooner than I expected that is, on the 18th May 2015. I suddenly felt so lucky that I shared the news with my friends who are equally passionate with cosmetics and the K-Pop/Hallyu Fandom. However, I  knew I wouldn't make it for the opening since I had revision courses far from the store on that day.

Nonetheless, because of my unbearable urge to go, one of my close friends and I decided to go there during our lunch break from work yesterday (i.e 20th May 2015) to at least have a first look. After seeing a few pictures of the opening and noticing a poster of Kim Soo Hyun at the back of the store, we simply could not resist even more. 

And here I was on the eve, surfing the net to make some research on their best-selling products and on their commercials. But because of my boring reality, I could not make an in-depth research. But I manage to find out their best-selling lines were the Mango Seed and Chia Seed product lines.

Mango Seed Line

Chia Seed Line
As for the ambassadors of THEFACESHOP, there is a quite a star-studded list from EXO-K to the infamous Kim Hyun Joong, SNSD Seohyun, Miss A Suzy and Kim Soo Hyun.

EXO-K
Kim Hyun Joong
Seohyun
Suzy

THEFACESHOP store is actually situated on the first floor of the Bharkly Wharf of the Caudan Waterfront, which is like a shopping mall, with a view on the port of Port-Louis, the capital of Mauritius. It was beyond my expectations. All this time, I saw how Korean cosmetics stores were on Youtube and it was simply great. Everything was new, clean and white. It had that giant THEFACESHOP laser-green banner. You cannot miss it. 

As we went in, we were welcomed by two sales reps and Kim Soo Hyun, (the human size poster, of course). As I observed the products, I was completely possessed. The prices are moderately affordable and the lady was helpful with explaining about the products. I tested a few of its BB and CC creams, and trust me. These were the most light-weight base make-ups. Usually, when it comes to western brands, these remain thick, clogs your pores and cause breakouts. THEFASHOP's BB and CC creams are so light, they just blend easily with my skin and smell so good. However, they were a little too expensive for me and I still have a stock of BB creams and Cushions back at home (Don't splurge on make-up unless you really need it).


In the end, after going around, observing so many products and because I was so short of time, I bought a few mask sheets, one Herb Day 365 Mung Beans Cleansing Foam (for my acne) and one Mango Seed Glow Date-Prep Butter (Not to go on dates, but it is supposed to act as a hydrating butter before makeup and Suzy made a cute CF, awwwww).


THEFACESHOP Haul :)

I know, I focused only on skincare and less on makeup and didn't buy a lot. For sure, next time, I'm gonna buy a few makeup products. Their nail polishes seemed appealing. They had a diverse variety of colors and so were their lipsticks.


I can't wait to try out my new finds and post a full-fledged reviews on each of them. So here's my quite brief story with THEFACESHOP. I am so eager to go there again and buy more products. Until then, I'm gonna be back with my revisions and wish you good luck if you have exams too.


STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL



You can check out the Facebook page of THEFACESHOP Mauritius on: https://www.facebook.com/TFSmauritius?ref=ts&fref=ts . If you ever come for a trip in Mauritius, You know where you can find a Korean store ;)


5 comments:

  1. It's almost a year since you've bought the products there. Could you give details about the products after using them? Was the Herb Day Cleansing Foam actually useful for your acne, for example?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using The Faceshop's products for almost a year, indeed. I must say their products are of very good quality and I frequently shop there (You might have guessed it from my frequent posts on their products). The Herb Day Cleansing Foam, for me, was a very good cleanser. I had less painful pimples throughout the period I've used it. I also use a lot of face masks. I've tried almost all of them, I guess. I love using peeling and sleeping masks as well, and the Pore Minimizer Collection. Presently, my skin feels great.The Mango Seed Butter smells amazing but unfortunately was inappropriate for the hot and humid climate in Mauritius. You may read my blog posts for more info on my feelings about The Faceshop products or any other brands. Thanks for your comment :D

      Delete
  2. do you recommend their eye cream for dark circle ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried their eye cream yet. sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
    แชมพูแก้ผมร่วง

    ReplyDelete