Translate

Tuesday 17 January 2017

REVIEW: Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

Hi Everybody!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all had wonderful holidays wherever you are in the world. During the festive seasons, we are all striving for the perfect makeup look. But what's also more important than just the look is also how long lasting the makeup will be. It's no use looking totally amazing at the beginning of the party and ending up looking like a zombie after a night of partying.As for me, my main concern is eye makeup. Very often, I'd end up with racoon eyes with all my eyeliner and mascara getting smudged all over the place.


Well, I found the solution to solve that problem and have a long-lasting and crease-free makeup. It's the Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer!!!


Yes it is none other than one of the best-selling and most popular eye primers in K-Beauty and it cost only $7.20. How cheap is that.I could not help but give it a try.

I've watched videos of makeup artists raving about that primer, beating even the high-end primers in terms of quality. You have oily or dry eyelids, that primer will take care of it.

Description
Proof 10 Eye Primer supplies coverage to eyelids and around the eyes to enhance eye shadow color and intergrity for a longer lasting, Perfect 10 look.

Directions
Use fingers to gently apply primer to upper and lower eyelids prior to eye shadow application. Also applicable to eye lines prior to eyeliner application.

Caution
1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high and low temperatures and areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Cease use if problems arise.

Ingredients

TALC, ISODODECANE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, MICA, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, BEESWAX, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, METHICONE, BHT, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Packaging

The primer comes in just a small rectangular dark blue box and the container looks like a  cute vial that reminds me of those fairy tale potion vials.lol But it is made of simple plastic. It also has a doe-foot applicator, which makes it quite difficult to pick up the product from inside that complex-shaped vial. There is also the risk of wasting product since you would never end up scrape absolutely every drop of it. Better break the vial into pieces and get more product out there.


packaging
List of Ingredients, to be used within 6 months, directions
I don't understand Korean :(



The Product 




Swatch

The primer itself is baby pink and milky.  It does not have a strong smell, but it does not have a nice scent. Its consistency is a bit greasy itself at first but then it sets on your eyes and preps for the next step that is makeup.

My Thoughts

My main issue with eye makeup is my double eyelids. I don't understand why people make a lot of fuss about it, or even go to the extent of doing plastic surgery to get those double eyelids. As for me, whenever I apply eyeliner or a dark eye shadow on my eyelids, they always end up being "stamped" on my crease, which is absolutely horrible. I tried drawing my eyeliner thinner but to no avail. It still got stamped and smudged and whatever.


That Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer brought a major change in my makeup routine. For Heaven's sake, thanks to this, my eye makeup would not budge at all and I mean it, seriously. My eye make up would remain exactly the same after a whole day of sweating. Eyeliner was still well drawn. Eye shadows did not fade. What could I ask for more. This eye primer is perfect whether you have dry or oily eyelids, live in a dry or humid climate. Seriously, it does live up to all the K-beauty hype. I always thought this hype was being exaggerated. It is so cheap. The packaging is somewhat 'Meh' compared to the high-end primers out there. But trust me, the look of that primer does not give a hint of the magic of its formulation.

Moreover, it noticeably increases the pigmentation of any eye shadow. Remember from my previous review of the Etude House Blend For Eyes in #3 Pink Up. I had a hard time applying it on my eyes. However, when using the primer beforehand, oh wow.... seriously wow. The eye shadows were effortlessly applied and looked much more visually appealing. Hell yeah Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer.

Pros:
-Makes eye makeup last much longer
-Makes eye makeup look much more pigmented
-Prevents smudging
-Applies for dry as well as oily eyelids

Cons:
-Dries up quickly
-Not so practical packaging- major wastage risks

Conclusion

I totally recommend Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer. I give it a 10 out of 10 'cause it is totally worth it. You can purchase it on the Etude House Website or any K-beauty websites. I'll make sure to get 2-5 of it next time there is a discount. :P

Stay Beautiful and Sweet
 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl

1 comment: