Translate

Saturday 11 February 2017

REVIEW: Etude House Dear My Sweet Box #2

Hi Everyone!!!!

Has it ever happened to you that you wanna a pair of sunglasses so bad that you wanna buy lipsticks just to get it? Yeah it freaking happened to me... Why Etude House? Why???????






If you are a regular of the Etude House website, you must have come across the Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Chiffon Launching Special Limited Box and for this collection, Etude House collaborated with Optical W. Only 1000 of these collection boxes were on sale. I don't know why I fall for such gigs. I also needed new shades as well and God knows I love Korean style sunglasses.

So, two  versions of the My Sweet Box have been launched, each came with 2 different shades of lipsticks from the Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Chiffon line and a free pair of sunglasses.

Dear My Sweet Box #1 consists of:

-1 PK 027 Pit-a-pat Chiffon Pink

-1 BE 108 Hug Chiffon Beige

-1 Optical W Hibari Gray Lens

 

Dear My Sweet Box #2 consists of:

-1 PK 029 Addictive Chiffon Pink

-BE 109 Flutter Chiffon Beige

-1 Optical W Hibari Silver Mirror


Although the first box's lipsticks appealed to me more than the second one for their lower pigmentation and since I've been weirdly surprised by Etude House's lipsticks before, I still went for the second box 'cause I wanted the all-black shades, not the one with pink side arms. As a 25+ -year old, going around with baby pink temple side arms felt  kinda weird. (:P)

What it is
No sebum powder, contains 80% mineral that makes skin look clear and matte without clumps.
Dear My Blooming Lips-talk Chiffon Launching Special Limited Box

How to apply
Apply on the entire lips along the lip line or on the center of the lips in a tapping motion to express gradation.


Ingredients:
PK029 : Octyldodecanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Mica (Ci 77019), Silica, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Synthetic Wax, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Red 6 (Ci 15850), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diisostearyl Malate, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Methicone, Butylene Glycol, Punica Granatum Extract, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Water, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance

BE109 : Octyldodecanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Mica (Ci 77019), Diisostearyl Malate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Yellow 10 Lake (Ci 47005), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Methicone, Butylene Glycol, Punica Granatum Extract, Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Water, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance


 Below are some ads by Krystal, I.O.I Jeon Somi and Lily Maymac






That song is groovy though. It's actually been remade from a demo by Ke$ha. OMG






Color System

The color system from Etude House is a bit deceptive though. BE109 and PK029 looked really intimidating on the ad, but turned out they were not that dark.

Packaging

What does it hide?



The set is actually offered in that cute pink Dear y Sweet Box. I remembered feeling actually awkward at the Customs when they read that out lout. I guess the officers were on the verge of laughing at me. But nevermind....Inside the set were the 2 Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk lipsticks enclosed in their own little boxes and the sunglasses. The lipsticks were so adorable. I guess Etude House stopped doing those ribbon-in-the-middle kind of tubes but they still maintained the baby pink color. 

Cute boxes
Shades

To be used in 18 months

List of Ingredients


My Thoughts

These lipsticks with the new formula are dope. They are more on the matte side but they are at the same time so creamy. If you have dry lips and don't use a lip balm, it can dry out a bit. But otherwise, I like those 2 shades as matte lipsticks. I am not a very matte makeup lover but these made me fall in love with the matte side of lipsticks.

Let's start with PK 029 Addictive Chiffon Pink.

It is a gorgeous and chic berry pink  color. I usually don't like berry lipsticks. But, that lipstick grew on me and I gradually started liking it, especially when I got myself a matching fuschia cheongsam for the recent Chinese Lunar New Year. I wore that at night. So the lipstick did not look too crazy on my face as much as I thought it would during the day. If you are like me, that is shy to wear a striking color during the day, then use it at night or use it to create the gradation effect. It works just fine. IF you want to rock a full lips. Be sure to use a brush or a lip liner. This lipstick smudges as hell but last very much longer than the other lipstick as it leaves quite the stain.

As for BE 109 Flutter Chiffon Beige.

This is so far my favourite go-to lipstick at the moment, especially for work. It is a nude beige kind of color. It looks very natural on the lips. It makes me look professional and confident. hahaha. Not kidding. It is applied very effortlessly, like butter. I mean, if you are in a hurry in the morning and have to apply lipstick within a second, just slap that one on your lips and you will look great. Although it's summer now in Mauritius, that color is not very suitable. That shade, I admit, gives out a more autumn or winter kind of mood. I usually prefer an orange, pink or coral lipstick when I go out here. However, I still reach for that one, whenever I have an important event or meeting coming up during the day. Thumbs up to that one.

Aren't they sexy?

Lipstick Bullets


Lipstick Bullets
Swatches
On my lips

In general, both lipsticks are creamy and glides smoothly and perfectly on the lips. Highly pigmented. They can dry the lips a little bit. But they don't feel like dough sitting on your lips. They both are chic and dark colors but they are not that intimidating ( I get intimidated by dark colors). These lipsticks are perfect if you want to transition from girly pale colors to more mature and dark colors like I am.

Now, let's make a little sum-up of pros and cons about the lipsticks only, forget about them being from a set

Pros:
-Creamy
-Matte
-Pigmented but not intimidating
-Effortless application
-Variety of colors
-Cute packaging

Cons:
-Can be a little drying

As for the  sunglasses, Optical W Hibari Silver Mirror, they are completely dope. I love them. They are totally the asian trend nowadays. People often mistake me for a Chinese tourist lately around here, which is kind of funny and I know why since I've spotted Chinese tourists wearing those reflective shades. But yeah, those sunglasses have actually been popular among my friends with everyone wanting to pose with them and look cool. haha. Otherwise, they do help protect my eyes from the Sun and are a good match with the summer vibes here.

So Cool
Just Chilling with my shades

Conclusion

I gotta say I love that set. The colors of the lipsticks match my face and my skintone overall even if I didn't get to actually choose the shades and that from the color system proposed by Etude House, these might not have been my preferred choices. But I totally love the creaminess and matte combos of those lipsticks which makes them my preferred lipsticks for the summer.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet 
\(^_^)/ 
Aegyo Girl

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a good choice of lipstick brand. They have put up a nice offer with lipsticks and glasses in a single box. I really liked some of the colours of the lipsticks. Where can I buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the best articles I have come across. Keep up the good work
    Phd dissertation writing service

    ReplyDelete