Translate

Thursday 15 December 2016

REVIEW: THE FACESHOP Real Nature Mask V.2

Hi Everyone!

Sheet mask series time!!!!

The Faceshop has come up with a series of Real Nature Masks. This line is actually quite interesting as it consists of rarer ingredient. Besides Green Tea and Red Ginseng, which are usually found in many brands and in the other sheet mask line of The Faceshop, we also get to try Longan, Lily, White Tea, Goji Berry, Lingzhi, Peony, Calendula, Lotus, which are ingredients I am not familiar with in terms of skincare. It took me a while to actually collect all the masks and bring them into a family picture but now, let's get into serious business by reviewing one by one.

Note: I've used the masks over a certain period of time, not all at once. And my skin was subject to different varying conditions (tiredness, lack of vitamins and minerals, dry and humid weather, sickness, hormonal imbalances) that affected my skin over that period. So, I might have used a specific sheet masks to suit the condition of my skin at that point in time, or not.







Packaging

The packaging of those sheet masks is actually more vintage looking than the original line. You have actual pictures of the ingredients used with a vintage wooden background. It actually gave it a more homely feel to the sheet masks. But what distinguish this line from the usual ones, we'll see in the review down below.

Price

The original line is priced at Rs 50, while this one is at Rs 65, which makes it obviously slightly more expensive. It might be because of the unusual and maybe rarer or more expensive ingredients used in the new line and the process of manufacturing those mask sheets.

Process 

Unlike the original line which uses the Natural Squeeze and Extraction Process, this line uses the Oriental Herb Extracting Process that is a "Special way of extracting ingredients from oriental herbs. The herbs are grounded, roasted and decocted in the traditional way." That traditional way of extraction appears to be more time-consuming and costly, explaining the higher price perhaps.

The Sheet Mask

There is no visible difference between the sheet masks. The texture is the same as the ones from the original line
Directions:
1. Wash Face and apply toner.
2. Pull out mask and carefully place on face
3. Remove after 10 to 15 minutes and pat face lightly to absorb remaining essence into skin.

Caution: 
1. For external use only.
2. Avoid contact with the eyes.
3. Keep out of reach of children
4. Discontinue use if irritation or rash appears

My Experience

1. Longan



This is the first one I've tried from that line. Longan is a fruit available in Mauritius (didn't quite heard of it in Asian countries) and I was really surprised to find that The Faceshop actually used Longan extract in a sheet mask. 

What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with nutrient-rich Longan revitalizes and nourishes tired skin.(Drenched with emulsified moisturizing serum/Formula without parabens)."

I actually liked this one. It had a sweet fruity scent to it but not as strong as the original Real Nature Masks. It is supposed to have nourishing properties and I gotta say my skin felt less dry after using it. My skin which looked tired and dry from the cold weather got an instant boost from that essence. It brightened my skin and made it look more firm and moisturized. It absorbed well into the skin and was not sticky at all. But it was nothing extraordinary. It was just right, I'd say.

Rating: 4/5


2. Green Tea



One of my all-time favourite ingredients for sheet masks is none other Green Tea. For this version 2 of the Real Nature masks, it is being used for its purifying properties.

What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with Green Tea soothes skin irritated by environmental stressors, refreshing and revitalizing it. (Drenched with emulsified moisturizing serum/Formula without parabens)"

It doesn't have a strong smell to it, but rather a faint sweet scent that fades away quickly as you apply the mask. I really liked how moisturising and refreshing my face felt right after using it. My tired looking skin was instantly given that little boost up it longed for after a long week. It is a really good mask that I recommend to all.


Rating: 4/5

 3. Lingzhi


Well, this one is a totally new thing to me. Before this sheet mask I never heard about Lingzhi Mushrooms before and I think it is quite an interesting one.

What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with Lingzhi Extract firms and helps improve the resilience of sagging skin. (Drenched with emulsified moisturizing serum/Formula without parabens)"

Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Extract, Alcohol Denat, Trehalose, Propanediol, Panthenol, Caprylic, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus (Grapefruit), Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Extract, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Fragrance.

The white mask sheet, meant for its firming properties, is actually soaked in some brownish liquid, which reminded me of ginseng masks. This earthy color left me in doubt before but as a frequent mask user, we get used to all kinds of smell, textures and colors. The Lingzhi sheet mask actually has a faint herbal and medicinal smell that is barely noticeable. I felt my skin became firm and taut after a few minutes of application, which greatly helped since I am not only getting old but I am also lacking sleep and I've been feeling like my skin got the effect of it. Anyways, I love the results of this mask. My face feels cool, brighter, refreshed and  more taut than the above 2. It is indeed perfect for tired and aging skin. Gonna buy more of this, for sure. I recommended it to my Mum as well.

Rating: 4.5/5

4. Peony


Another new ingredient to me is the Peony. I just love that flower. It doesn't grow here in Mauritius but just see how beautiful it is. Anyways, this mask is supposed to bring radiance to your face.

What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with the vibrant life energy of Peony provides skin with illuminating radiance (Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"


Unlike the above masks I've tried, this one was drenched in a serum that was slightly thicker and milky in appearance. It had a strong floral scent, but nothing too overpowering that would make you dizzy. The scent disappears once you have applied the mask. After using it though, I didn't notice much difference. However, the following day, I had to attend an event and since I was late and in a hurry, I applied my makeup in the most horrible way possible, like cakey face, hurriedly drawn on brows and eye liners, and I had major acne breakouts. Well, a total disaster that I had to correct but still not to my satisfaction. Surprisingly, my face came off quite good on pictures. I had a nice glow on my face, which usually doesn't show up when I do my makeup hurriedly. I looked like I had a healthy and youthful face. I thought it might be thanks to the mask for bringing radiance to my skin and saving me from having lame pictures. Had to try it once more.


Rating:4/5

5. Calendula

Calendula is that beautiful little orange flower. That sheet mask is supposed to provide smoothing benefits to the skin. Can't wait to try it, given my rugged skin?


What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with soothing Calendula helps smooth, dry, rough, dead surface cells. (Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"

Ingredients:

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Alcohol Denat, Sorbitol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil,  Panthenol 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Citrus Paradis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide,  Fragrance. 


This one had a faint floral/herbal scent. Can't describe exactly the scent, but it's definitel not something annoying or irritating. I had huge breakouts (thanks to that time of the month) at that time and just exfoliated my skin. I thought it would be very much appropriate to put Calendula to the test.

Rating:3/5


6. Lily



Well, who needs a definition of what is a lily. It is also a flower and I didn't know people made sheet masks out of it. Silly me.

What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with Lily brightens and revitalized dull skin. (Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"

 Ingredients:

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin,Lilium Candidum Flower Extract, Alcohol Denat, Sorbitol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil,  Panthenol 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Citrus Paradis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide,  Fragrance.


It has a faint and nice floral scent, which was not overwhelming at all. The serum is a thick transparent liquid. As soon as I removed the mask from its packaging, the serum started dripping all over me though, showing its level of viscosity. duh. Anyways, it is a nice mask that does have a brightening effect after use. It is not over the top brightening and does not make your skin look like a light bulb. But it does give your face back some vitality. I used it in the context of a wedding I had to attend and my face was dull as ... ahem... well... just plain dull. Not appealing at all, right? Otherwise, it has the same moisturising and hydrating properties as other masks in that line.


Rating:3.5/5

7. Goji Berry



What it is:
"The mask sheet drenched in serum with ultra nourishing Goji Berry gives flaky, dehydrated skin a surge of moisture.(Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"

 Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Alcohol Denat, Trehalose, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerine, Phenyl Trimethicone, SOdium Hyaluronate, Citrus Paradis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide,  Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

That mask mainly a strong fruity fragrance. It didn't make any special for my skin except moisturizing it thanks to the essence. But the scent turned me off quite a bit though. It had that leftover-alcoholic-fruit-cocktail-like fragrance which was stuck to my skin. eww

Rating: 3/5

8. Red Ginseng




Ginseng is a staple in sheet mask lines. As experienced with many other masks I've tried before, the mask is drenched in a brown serum, kind of heavily ginseng scented. Trust me, if you've drunk ginseng before, phewww quite a strong smell. It smells really closely to that.

What it is:

"The mask sheet drenched in serum with revitalizing Ginseng provides skin with a boost of energyand vitality. (Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"

 Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Alcohol Denat, Trehalose, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerine, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Paradis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Theobroma cacao extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide,  Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

I am usually repulsed by the color and scent of ginseng masks, but the immediate boost it gives my skin is quite astonishing. So, I kind of choose to ignore the color and scent. I was surprised by how close it reminded me of ginseng infusions. Anyways that mask revitalized my tired skin and prepped it for the long week ahead (cuz I wear masks on Sunday nights, lol). It also brightened my skin.

Rating:
4.5/5

9. White Tea




I am not  a regular white tea consumer but I heard that drinking it is actually good for the skin. Here, it is recommended for its illuminating properties. woahhh.

What it is

"The mask sheet drenched in serum with young White Tea Leaves brightens and clears skin tone.(Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"

Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Alcohol Denat, Betaine, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Paradis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide,  Disodium EDTA, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Fragrance.


It was very fragrant, nothing like tea, seriously. But it was no different from the other masks. It did moisturise and made my face much more brighter and cleaner looking. Thumbs up for the illuminating effect though. lol

Rating:3.5/5

10. Lotus






This last one that I tried out from this series is all about Lotus and is supposed to have hydrating properties.

What it is

"The mask sheet drenched in serum with pure energy of Lotus Flower moisturizes and gives tired, rough skin a boost of radiance(Drenched in a smooth serum with oil/Formula without parabens)"

Ingredients

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin,Nelumbo Nucifera FLower Extract, Alcohol Denat, Sorbitol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Propanediol, Betaine,  Citrus Paradis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Ethylhexyglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide,  Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Fragrance.
 
This one had a strong floral scent which  didn't like. I didn't feel quite at ease wearing that mask with that scent overwhelming my nostrils :P However, the aftermath was pretty surprising. My skin, which had some acne scars, and was in short in a terrible condition from stress and tiredness, was left very soft, hydrated and bouncy. It worked well with the rest of my skincare. Yeah why not lotus then? :D Forget about the scent. :P It did not have any brightening effect though.

Rating: 4/5

Overall impressions

Pros:
-Less scented than version 1
-Not sticky
-Moisturising
-Brightening
-Regreshing
-Nice Packaging

Cons:
-Slightly More expensive than original line


Conclusion

I totally recommend most, if not all of THE FACESHOP Real Nature Mask V.2. Compared to the other regular Version  I have a personal preference for the Green Tea and Lingzhi. Fragrance haters will love those. They feel more natural and sting less. Alcohol or fragrance content might be less. THE FACESHOP did focused more on adding more concentrated extracts than added artificial scents which cheaper sheet masks tend to do. I was pleasantly surprised by how gentle they felt and how effective they were.


Stay Beautiful and Sweet

 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl

2 comments:

  1. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    ถั่งเช่า

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
    พิมพ์ สติ๊กเกอร์

    ReplyDelete