Translate

Tuesday 4 October 2016

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Cleansing Rich Oil and Lip & Eye Makeup Remover

Hello Everyone!

I'm gonna make a review of some makeup removers from THEFACESHOP.



These are, I believe, their best-selling ones. These are the THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Cleansing Rich Oil and THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright  Lip & Eye Makeup Remover. They are raved by many of Asian beauty bloggers and guess what, I wanted to know if they are worth all the hype, especially the THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Cleansing Rich Oil.

The use of rice water has for a long time been renowned among Asian women to give amazingly beautiful skin when washed with it. Well, I've never tried it myself. I thought it was weird to actually wash my face with rice water that is usually thrown away. But why not? haha

I desperately wanted to purchase a cleansing oil for a while. But I never thought about buying that one, but the one from Etude House with the Mona Lisa face on it. But then, accessibility won over. I stumbled upon THEFACESHOP one first.

At the flagship store, as I had my eyes on the different  Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oils, as there are different types. There was the Rich Oil version and the Light Oil version. Which one to choose? What a dilemma, indeed. I can say I have Combination skin. I have dry and sensitive cheeks and chin, but an oily T-zone. Plus, I was quite apprehensive about using oil over my face. As a teenager, I was more of an oily skin type. But since I started taking care of my skin, I felt like I turned to Combo since I used really drying scrubs and cleansers at first when I was a total zero at skin care. But yeah, that's how it is and I always feared of going back to being an oily skin type. Well, how could a product do that? I don't know. I am still experimenting.

Anyways, I was more tempted to purchase the Light Oil version but the sales rep asked for my skin type and she recommended the Rich Oil one. The Light version is actually for people having oily skin, while the Rich version is more appropriate for normal, combo and dry skin.

The Products

THEFACESHOP Rice Water Bright Cleansing Rich Oil  


What it is

"A deep cleansing oil for parched skin, cleansing makeup with smooth feeling (contains natural bran oil and organic rice ingredients)."

How to use

"Get adequate amount pumped and spread the oil all over the face. Do cleansing process by rubbing out make up with the oil. Rinse it off with lukewarm water."


Size:150 mL

Price: Rs 575



The Cleansing Rich Oil is just a transparent oil, a bit lighter than cooking oil, though. haha. But, yeah, it is still an oil. It is slippery and slimy, but light-weight. As for the scent, it smells like oil, and doesn't have any other artificial fragrance. I thought it would smell like rice, but nope.lol

My Thoughts

The Cleansing Rich Oil does a great job at removing all my face makeup effortlessly and without having to actually having to scrape, scratch or irritate my skin to remove foundation, for instance. I am the type to usually to use a cleanser and I am done. But this has totally changed my life and skincare routine. Because of its oily consistency, I thought it would make my skin oily and greasy all over. But I was amazed at how it was washed away so easily without leaving much of an oily feel to my skin. Of course, I have to follow with a cleanser. But this forms part of the double cleansing process, so famous among Korean ladies. But for sure, it does not dry out my skin. It actually cleans my skin and moisturises it. For me, it is a holy grail. I have been using it for a bit less than 5 months, like crazy. It is a reasonably sized bottle, so I thought it would last me for more than half a year and maybe I would not be too keen on using it on a daily basis. But dang, I am addicted to that oil. I am already on my second bottle. I was actually surprised by its effectiveness and the results after its use.

Blush,lipstain, foundation, eyeliner,primer
first swipe

Only lip stain remained

After using it for a while, the most noticeable change is that I break out less than before, except for the time of the month where my face breaks out like crazy. But my face indeed feels much cleaner with less makeup residues left out. Blackheads have noticeably disappeared from my face. I guess that using the wrong makeup removers, my skin was left dirty even afterwards, but not anymore. With the cleansing oil, I can rest assured my enlarged pores are thoroughly cleansed in and out.

Pros:
-Very good at removing makeup
-Not irritating
-Not drying
-Does not make skin oily

Cons:
-Smells like oil
-A bit pricey
-Not quite good at removing lip stains

THEFACESHOP Lip & Eye Makeup Remover 
What it is

"As an emulsion in toner formula, it is separated into 2 layers with milk-colored emulsion on top and clear water base on bottom. Keeps the eye and mouth area from dehydrating, removing makeup without irritation."

How to use

"Before usage, shake the product carefully for better mixture of contents and get the product wet ona  piece of cotton and wipe make up off around the eyes and lips."

Size: 120 mL

Skin Type: For all skin types

Price : Rs 375 


The Lip & Eye Remover comes in that double layer format, with the oil as the bottom transparent layer and the as the top milky white layer. You have to mix the two layers by shaking the bottle before use. Otherwise, that Lip & Makeup Remover feels just the same as the Cleansing Rich Oil. It smells the same and feels the same. Sometimes I wonder, whether it is the same product, since the Cleansing Rich Oil can be used to remove Lip & Eye Makeup, as well. Please leave a comment down below if you can enlighten me on the difference :D

My Thoughts

As for the Lip & Eye Makeup remover, I gotta say that they work effectively in removing my makeup as well. but as I said, the Cleansing Rich Oil does the same job even for eye and lip makeup. But anyways, I love both of them and use Cleansing Rich Oil diligently almost everyday. I use the Lip & Eye Makeup Remover mainly on days I wear heavy eye makeup, like all the eyeliner and mascara, but that's not something I do everyday, since I am so lazy.

Some eyeshadows, eyeliners, lipsticks
In one swipe
After cleaning up the oil-squeaky clean

Pros:

-Good at removing eye makeup
-Does not irritate the eyes

Cons:
-Smells like oil
-A bit pricey

Conclusion

Overall impressions: I freaking love these makeup removers. They are effortlessly effective. No need to rub my skin like hell to remove waterproof makeup. I only swear by them these days. They can be a bit pricey for makeup removers but they are totally worth the hype. I definitely recommend both the cleansing oil and the Lip & Eye removers.


Stay Beautiful and Sweet




 \(^_^)/


 Aegyo Girl

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative information about makeup remover rice water with us. It's very helpful. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this valuable piece of information about lipstick and makeup removal.

    ReplyDelete