Translate

Friday 14 October 2016

REVIEW: Pastel Magic touch: Coverstick & Highlighter

Hi Everybody!!!
These days I've got lots of breakouts from (stress and junk food, obviously) and resulting acne scars that I need to cover up, obviously. I had to invest in a good concealer and in doing so, I also got myself an integrated highlighter. Can it get better than that?


This time it's not a Korean brand, but it did remind me of a product (although not as cute) from Too Cool For School which I,unfortunately, could not get my hands on. It's the Pastel Magic Touch: Coverstick and Highlighter. It's actually not a concealer stick as you might think, based on the name, but rather it's a cream concealer in a pot and below it is the highlighter. The packaging indeed intrigued me. It was so cute and looks like the Too Cool for School Artify After School BB Foundation Lunch Box. However, the latter had its cream concealer and highlighter on top and a BB cream at the bottom.

Unfortunately I could not have the information of what ingredients it contains. If ever you have any, let me know :D But it cost me Rs 399 (about $ 11)

The Concealer


Doesn't it look like the Too Cool for School Artify After School BB Foundation Lunch Box. It even has the small built-in mirror. Cute ^_^



I like the consistency of the cream concealer. It is smooth and creamy, not as thick and flaky as stick concealers. It had no particular scent. It covered my scars and pores well. It is also perfect for redness. It matches my skin tone, although a tiny bit darker at times (that's when blending is key). However, it is not good at covering the big-ass pimples and bumps. So I would say it has medium coverage, which is annoying for a concealer. You expect them to have 100% coverage and do not.
How it looks on my face. Sorry for the horrible acne scars. They don't look as bad as in the photo now. lol
Anyways, see how the concealer does not cover absolutely everything

Pros:
-Conceals scars and pores
-Conceals redness
-Smooth texture
-Not Drying
-Not cakey
-Matches my skin tone
-No scent
-Not expensive

Cons:
-Does not conceal pimples
-Small amount of product

Swatches

The Highlighter



Quite Messy

As for the Highlighter, the way they configured the product makes it not really convenient to use. I prefer highlighters in compacts, which makes it more practical to use and less messy. Since it comes in a loose powder form, it gets dispersed everywhere and your brush can end up picking up too much product. Some times, I think I get too much highlighter on my face and I look like a light bulb. Apart from these flaws, it is actually a pretty decent highlighter that goes well with my fair complexion. It can help producing that dewy effect, but you better use a light hand.

Pros:
-Beautiful Highlight and dewy effect
-No Scent

Cons:
-Not practical
-Messy
-Can produce a white cast if wrongly applied


Conclusion

In general, I'd like to say that I like this 2-in-1 product. It is quite handy but the concealer does not conceal enough and the highlighter can at times highlight too much. Also, I wish there was more concealer than highlighter, 'cause let's face it we always need to conceal stuffs on our face. highlighter is just an occasional thing and doesn't require that much of product. The Pastel Magic touch: Coverstick & Highlighter could be improved.

Hope you liked my review. Don't hesitate to leave your comments below and follow me on my social media.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet


 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment