Translate

Monday 12 September 2016

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Jeju Volcanic Lava Toner

Hi Y'all!

The review I'll be doing this time is THEFACESHOP Jeju Volcanic Lava Toner. I know. I know. I always raved about how I wanted to try the full-size version of the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Toner. But this one got in my way first. Blame it on accessiblity. lol



Well, it's done. I got my hands on THEFACESHOP one. It does look like it is a dupe of the Innisfree volcanic toners. Jeju feels, volcanic feels, pore care feels but hey, we are not going there. They did and I bought it. 

I purchased it in Mauritius, obviously and at Rs 495, which in my opinion, is reasonable for a toner, containing 150 mL/5.0 fl.oz of product.

As far as toners are concerned, I never actually felt the pH balance stuff that people talk about. But I always reach out for them. My skincare routine would feel incomplete without one. Like, I really need to use a toner after washing my face thoroughly as the latter usually feels a bit drained even if I use gentle cleansers that don't necessarily dry my skin out but anyways, there is something missing and I need to apply before using any serum or moisturizers. Toners are the canvas for skincare to me. I might be talking nonsense here, but it's how I feel towards toners. Hell yeah!

What it is

"The Volcanic Lava Line contains volcanic soil, a rare natural ingredient that effectively absorbs sebum and cleanses the skin's pores. This red soil has fine pores of its own, created when lava hardened rapidly after Hallasan Mountain erupted some 600,000 years ago."

The Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Toner is a pore care anti-shine toner with Jeju Volcanic Ash helps keep skin smooth and matte.

  • Formulated with sebum-absorbing Jeju Volcanic Ash
    Jeju Volcanic Ash is the product of volcanic activity on Jeju Island. Its porous texture absorbs excess sebum and provides intensive pore care.
  • Duty shine-free with this sebum absorbing toner
    This sebum absorbing toner works similarly to blotting paper. It instatnly absorbs excess sebum and reduces unwanted shine.
  • Formulated with City Defender Complex to help fight the effects of fine dust
    City Defender Complex, formulated with ingredients from Jeju Island, helps defend skin against the elements and fine dust.

Directions: After cleansing, dispense an adequate amount and apply evenly onto your skin.

Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation or rash appears. 

Ingredients:
Water, Dipropylene GLycol, Cutylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Panthenol, Propanediol, Akebia Quintana Extract, Sasa Quelpaertensis Extract, Hizikia FUsiforme Extract, Volcanic Ash, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender Oil), Citrus Medica Limonum (lemon) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) fruit oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) oil, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, ROse Flower Oil, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor, Octyldodeceth-16, Menthyl Lactate, Menthol, Silica, Caprylhryoxamic Acid, Disodium EDTA

My Thoughts

The packaging is quite simple, which goes along the line of THEFACESHOP's mantra which is to use natural ingredients for its beauty products. Compared to Innisfree's recycled packagingbox, this one looks better off in terms of quality. It also has a nice design that seriously reminded me of the whole Jeju volcanic stuff.

As for the bottle, it is made of a dark brown semi-translucent plastic, but it looked like glass to me, at first. It looks like a high-end bottle, but it's actually not. It has that metallic shaft that holds the quite practical pump that gives it a chic aura. I think it's well done and appealing.

The toner is just a transparent and colorless runny liquid. It has a medicinal and earthy scent to it. The Innisfree one had a floral scent.lol. When you think that they're made from volcanic rocks. hmmm. But yeah, THEFACESHOP toner has more of a medicinal scent. It is not too much fragranced and doesn't feel too chemical. 

I usually apply it using THEFACESHOP Mild Cotton Pads to avoid wastage and ensure proper application. I usually just slap toners on my face like water. Not very practical. Also, I try to be more hygienic and more cautious about my sensitive skin.  I use that toner twice a day, every single day, morning and night, after cleansing my face. Yeps.



After application, I can say my face feels fresh, boosted and matte. It does keep my sebum secretion at bay. It's winter season, and my face tends to feel a bit dry, except for my T-zone. But I think this toner does a pretty good job at preventing my face from looking oily and yucky. Also, it helps for application of my other skincare products that can be thick or give my skin an oily appearance. It does act as a blotting paper, which I like. When I use it at night, it also helps removing leftover makeup. It's the bitter truth. There's nothing that actually completely removes your makeup. There must be some residues left, and using that toner, I got some damn residues taken off. lol It's my assurance that I am indeed completely makeup-free. yay.

Pros:
-Mattifying
-Not Drying
-Good at removing impurities or leftover makeup
-Not really an overpowering scent
-Hygienic 
-Shine-free
-Good for sensitive skin

Cons:
-Medicinal scent (although not a bother)
Conclusion

I love this toner and I am so gonna buy another bottle. I know I say this every time and I end up finding myself trying out another toner out there, but hey, I am still experimenting and I wanna share my experience with you, guys. hehe. So, I recommend THEFACESHOP Jeju Volcanic Lava Toner if you are into toners, 'cause I know a lot of people don't believe in using them. For me, it is a staple in my skincare and I've been feeling much better ever since I've incorporated toners in my routine. Yeah, I had super bad skin before. So, thanks to K-beauty for making me know these stuffs.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet


 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl

1 comment: