Translate

Thursday 17 March 2016

REVIEW: Etude House Snowy Dessert Makeup Set in Sweet-sour Grapefruit

Hello Beauty Lovers!

As  busy as I am in life, I apologise once more for my delay in reviewing the Christmas collections that were out last December, and yep we are already in March. But better late than never. This time, I'm gonna review the much talked-about Etude House Snowy Dessert Collection.

But unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on everything on that pic :(

 



This collection is by far, the cutest thing EVER. When I first saw the collection appear on Instagram, my heart melted in front of the cookie blusher and pudding tint. How could I not lay my hands on one of those. It would be a sin just not to buy a set.

The set came in two different collections:
-Sweet-Sour Grapefruit
-Sweet Foxy Strawberry 


Soooo....... I got myself the Sweet-Sour Grapefruit collection, that included the Ginger Cookie Blusher, a Grapefruit Lip tint, and a Play 101 pencil in No. 73, and an equally cute Snow Pen (the liquid in the snow ball at the top was oozing out from everywhere though). It cost $23.45. But each product is/was also available individually.

My main disappointment about this set is that it was advertised as coming in a square box set, as pictured above. But then, I thought, maybe it was for those who bought in the local flagship stores. It would be burdensome in terms of shipping costs for sure. Anyways when I saw the Gingerbread man flashing his smile at me, I just forgot about those mundane issues.






How cute are these packaging!!!!!

Anyways, let's review the products one by one. Yehet!!!

Ginger Cookie Blusher

Hot from the oven
Almost thought they were real :D

Looks yummy


How it is supposed to look




What it is
This is a two tone blusher with a warm and sweet baked ginger man that brightly flushes cheeks. 

How to apply

After applying a certain amount onto puff gently dab onto cheek area that protrudes when smiling. 


Caution
1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high and low temperatures and areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Cease use if problems arise.

Weight (g)59
Size9 g / 0.31 oz.

Ingredients


(A)Mica(Ci77019), Talc, Titanium Dioxide(Ci77891), Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Nylon-12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides(Ci77491), 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides(Ci77492), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Red 7 Lake(Ci15850), Glyceryl Caprylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Bentonite, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Diisostearyl Malate, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Hydroxystearate, Olea Europaea(Olive) Fruit Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Tin Oxide B)Mica(Ci77019), Talc, Titanium Dioxide(Ci77891), Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Nylon-12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Boron Nitride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides(Ci77491), Glyceryl Caprylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Bentonite, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Red 7 Lake(Ci15850), Diisostearyl Malate, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Hydroxystearate, Olea Europaea(Olive) Fruit Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Iron Oxides(Ci77492) 

 My experience

Please take me out of the oven :D

back view of the oven

List of Ingredients


How you slide gingerbread man out of the oven




Burning Hot


I'm dying from the cuteness overload



Back view of the blusher

I can't not stress about how cute that blusher is. I usually love blushers not only for the colors but also for those embossed designs that brands usually incorporate into the blush itself. It comes in that cute pink and brown square "oven" box. OMG it reminds me of my kitchen toys which I played with as a kid. oh the nostalgic feels!!!! To get access to the blusher, you just slide it out, the same way you would take a freshly baked gingerbread man cookie out of the oven. The blusher itself is in that simple plastic casing and there is the gingerbread man blusher!!! How cute and realistic this looks like. 

So the blusher is made of two orange/coral-toned and warm colors. The gingerbread man is a shimmery coral while the outer part is more like shimmery pearl.  The colors are not that pigmented but they are gorgeous. They are more like highlighters but perfect to get a faint bronzy skin. It helps your cheeks look lively, merry and festive. I personally think it would help achieve the perfect beach look, though.  However, it's difficult to get either of the two colors to use as a highlighter or a bronzer/blusher, unless you use your fingers. They always get mixed up as you picked the product with your brush. But for the cuteness of the gingerbreadman, we can easily forgive that.



Swatches-Left is Highlighter and Right is blusher
How it looks on my cheek (looks pretty much as in the ad above)


The main qualm I have is that there is not blusher brush available with it. It's always hygienic to have  a new brush. This product has also a contour maker version. but I'm not a big fan of contouring.


Pudding Tint 




What it is

Soft pudding tint that  melts lips with its sweet, soft embrace  
How to apply

1. Dispense a certain amount of tint with enclosed spoon tip.
2. Place tint onto inner lips and apply onto lips with the back of spoon tip.
3. Gradate naturally towards outer lips.  

Caution

1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high and low temperatures and areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Cease use if problems arise
Weight (g)75
Size5.5g / 0.19 oz.

<Pudding Tint #3>
Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Diisostearyl Malate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water, Butylene Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Fragaria Chiloensis(Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus(Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi(Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Fragrance [+/- (May Contain) Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (Ci 47005), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, Ci 77491), Mica

My experience

Cuteness overload although a bit crushed


List of Ingredients


Korean stuffs and directions. To use within 12 months




tint and spatula

euhhhh, not so practical to put on a creamy and messy tint




Not so appetising , right?


Swatch
On my lips

The packaging for the pudding tint is so gorgeous. It looks like those cake boxes you would see in K-dramas (if you watch them of course). The design of the cake looks so yummy, even if it's just a drawing. The tint comes in a small pot and there is a little not-so-practical spatula available for application, too. The tint is a very bright coral pink. I like the color. However, I did not quite like the jelly and creamy texture and how messy it gets. It also made my lips dry and it would settle in the cracks of my lips, making them look even drier. Not  pleasant to look at though. So make sure, you apply lots of lip balm before using it and after, if possible. The positive thing is that it stains the lips, so the color remains for quite a while (not the lipstick though). I don't think I would repurchase another one of these though, if not for the packaging.lol

 
Play 101 pencil in No. 73



What it is
This is a gel-type pencil that comes with vivid colors and various textures for easy and fun makeup play.


How to apply
Twist to dispense certain amout and use on desired area. Close cap after use. When using sharpener, insert lead and sharpen while turning slowly.


Caution
1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high and low temperatures and areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Cease use if problems arise.

#73 (Shimmering)
Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica (Ci 77019), Isododecane, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyisobutene, Ceresin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tin Oxide

Weight (g)35
Size0.5 g / 0.02 oz
My experience
Swirl Swirl
with its sharpener


how the pencil looks like


Swatch



I always read or watched reviews about how great, multifunctional  and pigmented the Play 101 pencils are, how they matched all styles, blabla. I've tried the #73 for the first time, which can be used as an eyeshadow, waterliner, and highlighter, and I must say I love how practical and handy this little pencil can be. the #73 is a pearly rose gold and is perfect for accentuating your aegyo-sal, that is to make your eyes look like they have baby fat underneath and gives the appearance of a cute puppy. It makes application of makeup so much easier I am tempted to buy a whole collection. I totally agree that it can be a holy grail for busy girls out there. Anyhow, this one is just great for the festive season, for parties. I like to use it more as an eyeshadow and to highlight the inner corners of my eyes.

Conclusion

This Christmas set from Etude House is not perfect, I admit. But it is an undeniable fact that the packaging is irresistible. Despite knowing how brands lure customers with their manipulative strategies (being in the field myself), I just can't resist Korean cosmetics packaging. It's beyond any reasonable explanation.hahha. Nonetheless, I recommend this set for its blusher and Play 101 pencil. As for the tint, I will use it but it's a nay for repurchase. If you are still down for the set or any of the individual items from the Snow Dessert Collection, go and grab them quickly as the online store is having discounts and it seems they will soon discontinue them. Let me know if you bought any of the product or the other makeup sets available.


Stay Beautiful and Sweet
  
\(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

1 comment:

  1. Wow, i actually wanted to buy this set back in december last year but something stope me.. Guessed i have ti regret not to buy it back then. Anyway great review. I thought the lip pudding has gloss finish?

    ReplyDelete