Translate

Friday 8 January 2016

REVIEW: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum

Hi Everyone!


Hope you have all been enjoying New Year festivities and to start 2016 with a bang, I am so delighted to write a review on a product I've longed for since I've become addicted to Korean skincare. It's the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum.






Credits: Innisfree World



After initially being offered samples of the serum (which I loved), I bought it on www.innisfreeworld.com during the 1st anniversary of the online store, at a discounted price of $18.20. Its original price is $26, which is quite expensive for 1 single product. I waited for a sales or a set to be released to get more value for money (Yesss, i am so stingy). So finally, it's here with me and I am so happy to review it, at last.

But first, here are the adorable CFs and ads for that product, featuring SNSD Im Yoona and Lee Min Ho, who are super Hallyu stars in South Korea, in case you have been living under a rock or you just have no interest in K-pop or K-dramas:










Yoona


And my ex-hubby (kidding), Lee Min Ho
An Award-winning Serum

You can imagine how popular this product is. Innisfree is always constantly promoting that product every year. This serum is a rave among all Korean skincare freaks out there. The brand even create an Instagram profile for that product alone, called Journey of Innisfree. How could I get spared from all this craze? No I just couldn't. I had to have it right here with me!

Now let's see what Innisfree says about its famous Green Tea Seed Serum:
What it is
A moisturizing serum with organic Jeju green tea and green tea seeds that hydrate your skin from deep within! 

Hydrate and recharge your skin with Jeju green tea! 
Our green tea products' vitality and deep hydration are supplied by green tea extracts from the fields of Jeju island, renowned for its cleanliness and abundant plant life. Using these products will leave skin feeling smooth, supple, and deeply hydrated.




Ingredients: The green Tea Extract (75.9%), Propanediol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ethanol, Glycerin, Betaine, The green Tea Seed Oil (208mg), Prickly Pear Extract, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Orange Extract, Tangerine Extract, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Olivate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cocoa Extract, Dextrin, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance


    5-free system : parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, imdazolidinyl urea
     
1. More moisture and freshness with 100% green tea. 
Rich in amino acids and minerals, green tea from Jeju's own green tea leaves hydrates your skin. 

2. Dual Moisture-Rising Technology™ derived from green tea and green tea seed oil 
The fresh green tea deeply hydrates your skin and the green tea seed oil creates a strong moisture barrier to keep your skin moisturized longer. 

3. The first thing to apply after a face wash! 
As the first skincare product you use, it helps hold moisture in your skin and prevents moisture loss.

 


How I feel about The Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum


The packaging is a simple green box made of recycled material and the signature designs of Innisfree. Nothing great about it but it just reflects Innisfree's wish to be eco-friendly, as usual and for that I give a thumbs up 'cause we should protect our environment and use more recycled containers or packaging even for skincare and makeup.


I don't understand a thing






A little close-up on the English parts

I guess it's about how they process the green tea into a serum


As for the serum itself, it comes in a cute dark green recycled plastic container with a practical brown dispensing pump. It is quite light and small in size (as seen on the ads above), so very handy for travel. It is so cute. It fits in the palm of my hand. Hopefully, although the pump looks like all the serum would spill out because of its somewhat loose cap, it's well secured in the container. It is of good quality for a recycled container.
Adorbs ^_^

Just pump it out. Pump it XD


The serum is off-white in color, translucent in appearance and has a very floral scent. If you think it's gonna smell like fermented tea or something. Wrong. It smells nothing like tea, or any other herbal products like most of Innisfree's products. But it is surely very fragrant. The main issue about this serum is that it contains alcohol and from the fragrance, you can guess it's there.

Nonetheless, it is very moisturizing, and keeps your skin soft, and bouncy all day. It's neither sticky nor irritating, and absorbs very quickly into the skin. If you have dry skin, it's sure to give it back some moisture. The serum does not give a dewy finish as I would expect from a serum. It actually makes my skin slightly matte but it can still feel moisturized. It acts more on the inner layers of the skin. 

Lastly, I can say it's appropriate for all skin types. It does not make my skin oily. It even matifies it a bit, but at the same time it helps a lot for dry areas on my face, giving it back some moisture. It provides a good canvas before applying makeup and it works great for me. I can use it comfortably in Summer, that is right now.  Lastly, I don't find any particular effect on acne. But it doesn't break me out.


Pros:

-Moisturizing 
-Acts on inner layers of the skin
-Absorbs quickly
-Smells pretty nice
-Lasts the whole day
-Cute and practical pump
-Hygienic
-Environment-friendly 
-Appropriate for every skin types
-Portable

Cons:
-Alcohol content
-Does not give a dewy finish


To conclude, I'd like to say that I recommend the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum. But it's not really a holy grail item as I thought it would be. I'm not disappointed but I'm not like overjoyed about it either. I admit that essences work better than this serum on my skin in terms of moisture, dewiness and softness. Maybe I would be tempted to try out other serums, like the Innisfree Canola Honey Serum. However, it does help when you need that little quick boost for dry skin. What do you think of the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum? Did you like it? Do you wanna buy it? Let me know in the comments section below :D

Stay Beautiful and Sweet


 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

6 comments:

  1. I used the serum and I get red bumps on my face, should I keep using it? Because I had also seen reviews saying the bumps will disappear after a week....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Allison!
      Thanks for your comment.
      Did you use only the serum? Do you have sensitive skin?
      If that serum is the only thing that you've added into your routine recently and caused you to have bumps, then you might have to stop using it. It's got alcohol, so if your skin can't tolerate it, this might cause irritations. It could be a good serum for many people, but everyone has different skin. If the bumps disappear after a week and don't reappear, it might not just be the serum. I usually get bumps when I don't clean my makeup tools well, or use pore-clogging foundations, and when I've got hormonal imbalances of course.
      So I would advise you to try limiting your application of that serum by using only 1-2 drops and see how it goes first. If the bumps persist, then stop using it completely.
      Hope it helped. ^_^

      Delete
  2. hi, would you recommend this for someone with combination skin type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laetitia,

      Thanks for your comments. Yeah, it works totally for combination skin.I tend to have dry skin and oily T-zone, and it works just fine for both areas. It provides moisture without making my T-zone oilier.

      Delete
  3. Hi! May i know is it suitable for teenager?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a global Contract Research Organization (CRO), headquartered in New York, USA, Alfa Chemistry has served the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for eight years. Green Tea Seed Oil

    ReplyDelete