Translate

Saturday 17 October 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel

Hi Everyone!

Enough of hauls now, let's start reviewing!

With Summer kicking in here, my face starts feeling burning hot after I step outside, further causing breakouts. But this year, I decided to take precautionary measures with sunblocks and adding aloe gel to my skincare routine. 


As you may have read in my previous haul post, I have just recently purchased the Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel. Yesss, I have already started using it and I must say I have become addicted to it. 

As a quick reminder, I have purchased it during the 1st year Anniversary sale of Innisfreeworld.com at a discounted price of $6.40. It contains 300 mL of product.

It comes in a green tube with a very simple design of an aloe plant, but deprived of the regular recycled packaging of Innisfree, which is kind of surprising. It just had a mere sticker on the  tube and an aluminium foil that prevents the product from gushing outside. To be honest, I was utterly shocked when I received it here. The tube is sooooooo huge and so not practical for travel. You may wish to transfer some of it into another vial or container for portability. Of all the cosmetics I've bought so far, I think it's the biggest in size. 




Front View

Back View


I'm happy to get value for money more for the price I've paid it. So affordable or is it just that aloe vera as an ingredient does not cost much to the manufacturers. Notice that other brands like Nature Republic, THEFACESHOP also sell such big size aloe gels. Hmm will have to investigate on it. The difference is that their aloe gels are provided  in big plastic cosmetic jars while Innisfree is available in a plastic tube which is more hygienic and practical without contamination risks. But anyways, it contains a lot of product and it is good to last for about 6 months or more. However, the current status is that I use it a lot, on my face, and on my body.

First off, let's see what this baby is about:

Ingredients:

ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, MADECASSOSIDE, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, MENTHOXYPROPANEDIOL, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, WATER, CARBOMER, TROMETHAMINE, PHENOXYETHANOL

Close-up on Ingredients and Instructions

What it is (Credits: Innisfreeworld.com)

1. Contains 93% extract of Jeju organic aloe flesh. Aloe gel-like flesh inside the leaves contains more amino acid and moisture than its leaves and any other parts of aloe, which helps soothes the skin damaged from UV rays and heat while providing intensive moisture to the skin.

2. Aloe Vitalizing Energy™ unique to Innisfree Aloe line soothes the skin and strengthens the skin barrier to make it vibrant and feeling fresh.

About Aloe Vitalizing Energy™

It is a special skin-vitalizing Jeju aloe complex of Innisfree. It moisturizes the skin with the essence extracted from aloe flesh inside, prevents loss of moisture and strengthens the skin barrier with madecassoside and in doing so, revitalizes the skin.

3. Multiple use on areas where intensive moisturization is required. You can use it on all areas where intensive moisturization is required due to irritation by external environment such as hair, face, arms and legs to revitalize and energize the skin through deep moisturization

4. Free of colorant, mineral oil, artificial fragrances, animal ingredients and imidazolidinyl urea

What else you need to know

Aloe Revital line packed with tenacious vital power of Jeju aloe flesh Aloe has an amazingly tenacious hold on life, strong enough to survive and prolong life even when pulled out and left in the hot sun over 6 months

Coarse textured soil and wild wind of Jeju Island that is the only pure island in Korea make it the best place for growth of aloe. It is said that aloe works better when it grew in wild, harsh environment than when grew up sheltered.

Distinctive, strong sea breeze and good drainage in the volcanic island formed with basalts allow aloe to grow stronger, which adds to its effectiveness.

How to use

Apply an appropriate amount to dry areas that need soothing, including hair, face, arms, and legs, and spread evenly for penetration as often as needed.

My Experience
(Credits:www.innisfreeworld.com)

The Aloe Revital Soothing Gel is gel-like but it is not thick and sticky at all.  It is transparent and clear in appearance. It is quite moist in texture. However, as you open the tube or squirt some of it in your hand, it has a weird smell, not very pleasant, like a raw plant smell. But once applied, the gel absorbs so quickly into the skin and the smell fades away, which is very practical. It is light, highly moisturizing and comfortable to apply.

Swatch

Moisture, Lots of Moisture :)

Moreover, that gel lives up to its name. It is indeed soothing. Lately, I've been suffering from nasty breakouts from stress, junk food, exposure to sunlight and pollution and this aloe gel has become my life-saver. I can't say if it's the best since I've not tried other brands, but let me be clear, the Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel soothes all the pain in my face. I've been popping my small pimples as there was no other way out (not usually recommended). They were just waiting to be burst and even if they healed, they would grow again at the same spot later on. The pain was so unbearable, I had to remove the accumulated pus underneath the pimple (The trouble is so real). But usually this would cause my pimple to be inflamed again for another week or two, depending on its size. So to prevent further inflammation and to alleviate my pain, I tried the gel on my pimple, and on the following day, it was already in the process of healing. I noticed a major improvement. No more swelling, significant reduction in redness and inflammation. It also helps in cooling down the excess heat in my face. After using it everyday for less than a week, my face is almost clear of acne. I feel moisturised, comfortable and no longer in pain.

As for the rest of my body, I use it mainly on the dry areas such as the neck, arms, back (got acne on my back too) and feet. It really gives that extra moisture required. It is refreshing and perfect for Summer to soothe any sun burns on the body.

Hell yeah, Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel is definitely a holy-grail item for me. I was aware of aloe's benefits for the skin. I've used sheet masks and cream made of aloe, but using that highly aloe concentrated gel has done so much good to my skin in such a short span of time that I consider it my miracle product.

Pros:
-Moisturizing
-Refreshing
-Soothing for acne, sunburns
-Will last for a long time
-Absorbs quickly into the skin
-Not sticky
-Reduces excess heat skin

Cons:
-Not Portable
-Not so pleasant smell every time you open the tube
-No proper packaging

There are not much cons with respect to the product itself. I just love it. Although I'd love to try aloe gels by other brands, I highly recommend the Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel to everyone, especially those who have acne problems or live in very hot regions. It is very refreshing and cooling. It does whatever Innisfree says and I'm happy with it. I'll surely re-purchase.

STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that aloe can heal the inflammation caused by pimple. Thanks for the review.

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either, but this product did helped me a lot to reduce inflamed pimples faster, compared to other creams I've used. Thanks for appreciating my review.

      :)

      Delete
  2. I've ever tried the nature republic one and also mamonde soothing rose gel, but i think i'll consider to try this innisfree one as well.. Thanks for the

    ReplyDelete