Translate

Wednesday 15 July 2015

REVIEW: Pastel Profashion Rouge Palette No.3 Summer Fever

Hi Beauty Passionates!

This time, I'm going to review a Turkish brand that is an absolute craze here in Mauritius, Pastel Cosmetics. Yeah, it might appear surprising for a korean cosmetics lover to use a Turkish brand, but I'm all about testing whatever comes my way. Here in my country, there are lots of Asians with different complexions, so here, the majority prefers very pigmented products, unlike in Korea.




Just some background info, Pastel Cosmetics was founded in 1988 in Turkey. This brand is certified ISO-9001:2008 Quality System Certificate, is animal free and alcohol free. It is also manufactured under the GMP Regulations of the European Union, in Germany, France, Italy and Turkey. In Mauritius, it doesn't have any flagship stores (I don't know about the rest of the world) but has reps who show the brand's catalogue to customers and their products get sold. It works basically thanks to a ever-spreading network of contacts and word-of-mouth.
 
Although this brand has been around for quite a while, sponsoring beauty contests like Miss Mauritius here, I was never really exposed to the Pastel trends here (Yep, I was engulfed in my virtual korean world). But I had a colleague who was a rep for Pastel and showed me the catalogue and I fell in love with that wonderful Profashion Rouge Palette in No. 3 Summer Fever.

It is available in that classy black box (which hopefully opens and closes easily-important to protect the contents. Have you ever experienced packaging failures where all your products are completely ruined?) and offers a professional lip brush for application. What's more it has an integrated mirror. It cost MUR Rs 299 (about $8). In general, there are 4 different palettes as shown below:

Little Black Box
Colors available in the Rouge Palette Series

I was a bit skeptical about the printed colors as shown at the back of the packaging below. They did not reflect the colors in the palette (even in the catalogue). The second tone looked more orange on print but the color was less sharp in the actual picture of the palette. However after asking for reviews from past users, they said they loved it.


Back View: Colors in Summer Fever, To be used within 24 months after opening, Made in Turkey, Ingredients

Palette and Lip Brush


Luckily, I didn't regret harassing my colleague on whether it was good or not (I'm so picky) and ultimately purchasing the palette. The colors are actually gorgeous. The first 3 tones are like different shades of  coral (my fave lip color at the moment), the first color being more like a nude color. the colors are not that sharp though and are wearable. The fourth one is a cherry red color which is very pigmented, which I also like. 
 
Swatches


This palette is also very portable and can be carried around anywhere. Moreover, you can mix the colors to get a different tone with the lip brush which is, by the way, smooth on the lips and user-friendly. It can also be used to make the famous gradation lips.

As for the actual finish, it is glossy and has a nice subtle scent. I thought it would give a more matte finish. Because it is glossy, it can't be used as a lip liner. But the brush can be used for a clean finish. Surprisingly, the colors last quite long. If you drink water, the gloss might fade away, but the colors remain, quite like lip tints, in fact. Even if you use makeup remover, it is quite hard to erase it entirely. However, any colors in that palette can be used for any occasions, even at work. 

Pros:
-Beautiful reasonably pigmented colors
-Moderately long-lasting
-Portable
-Can be used for all occasions
-Professional Lip Brush offered
-Good quality product
-Glossy
-No disturbing scent or taste
-Colors can be mixed to create new tones
-Really good to create gradation lips

Cons:
-Not practical as lip liners
On an ending note, I would say that this palette rocks. I think I might buy the No. 2 in Think Pink. However for No.1, I think it might not suit my already nude lips and I don't particularly like the No.4 in Keep calm. Nonetheless, I recommend that product. Big applause to Turkish lip palettes.
                                                                                        
                                                                                             STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!
                
 \(^_^)/
    AEGYO GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment