Translate

Wednesday 1 April 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree Olive Real Lotion

Innisfree Olive Real Lotion (Credits: Innisfreeworld.com)

Hi Everyone!

What's  up? Today I shall review the Innisfree Olive Real Lotion. Innisfree is another cosmetics brand from Amore Pacific Corporation that I am fond of and if you have been following me, by now, you may have guessed why I first fell in love with that brand. It is famously endorsed by none other than Lee Min Ho (sigh), and also Girls' Generation Yoona. Although I admit I got attracted to the brand by them, my commitment to the brand really began when I used its products.


Innisfree is well known for its natural products, made of natural ingredients cultivated on the South Korean volcanic island of Jeju. Their best-selling products are their Super Volcanic Clay Masks and Green Tea Seed Serum (which I have yet to buy, only tried their samples, but I can already tell they are great!). When they first opened their online store in 2014, they had a chat-room made available to their customers and I seized that opportunity to ask some information about their products and what were their effects on the skin. At that time, I had really dry skin and the Innisfree rep recommended the Innisfree Olive Real Lotion to me. (Thumbs up) 



Its main ingredients are: extra virgin olive oil extracted from high level golden olives (The packaging even bears a label for "Quality Olive Oil" and "Organic Farming") and vitamin nutrients, such as citrus orange. Moreover, it is a "5-free system", that is, it is free of "parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, imidazolidinyl urea".


Golden Olives(Credits: Innisfreeworld.com)


 


I purchased the lotion for USD$16.00 on the Innisfree online store and it comes in a really nice olive green bottle, which contains 160mL of product, described as a "rich hydrating lotion to make your skin firm and tight". The packaging box is indeed representative of the 'green' image of Innisfree. It is made of a recycled material, simple and ecological. The bottle, on the other hand, is made of plastic, I guess; but it maintains the green label brand. I really like the logo-engraved cap as it does give it an authentic natural feel.


I Kinda Like the picture of those Olives

Korean & Made In Korea :)

Directions of use, Usage order and Ingredients of the Olive Real Lotion





According to the instructions, it is recommended that the lotion is to be used just after applying the Olive Real Skin, which is another Innisfree product of the same Olive product line, and just before applying a Serum. But I personally don't think that it is strictly necessary to follow that usage order although it might optimize its effectiveness. But I've been using it after toning my face and before applying a moisturizer, without the Real Skin, and it works just fine. So, no need to worry if you are wondering whether it is compulsory to buy the whole Olive product line. haha

Packaging Box and Lotion
Instructions in Korean on lotion bottle

Innisfree Cap


After removing the cap, there is a white plastic stopper to prevent the lotion from spilling out, I suppose. You have to remove the stopper first, then you will be able to let the product flow out.






The lotion is milky white and very fluid and has very nice natural scent. I would not say it smells exactly like extra virgin olive oil because I am an avid consumer of that kind of oil (in my salads :D) and I can clearly tell the difference. Nonetheless, that scent is very pleasing and relaxing, more fruity-like. The lotion itself is not sticky and it feels very soft, light and subtle.



Swatch on my arm


After application, the lotion has a very immediate moisturising effect on the skin. It impregnates itself very quickly and your skin feels moisturised for the whole day. The skin becomes so soft and dewy. As far as I am concerned, it can be used in Summer and Winter. Here in Mauritius, it's currently summertime with an average temperature of 35 degrees Celsius (Hoooot!!!) and I still feel good while using this lotion despite the heat.


After Blending

To conclude, here's my summarised review of the Innisfree Real Lotion:

Pros:

-Moisturising
-Hydrating
-Nourishing
-Soft
-Nice Scent
-Long Lasting
-Not Sticky
- Absorbs quickly
-Natural ingredients
-Affordable
-Appropriate for any season

Cons:

I didn't really find any cons to that product. It is just a great lotion. Maybe the fact that it should be combined with a whole product line to get its optimal benefits might appear problematic in terms of cost but it's all up to you. You can choose to combine it with any product of your liking for your skincare routine. Moreover, no refill is available on the online store. So if i want that lotion again, I'll have to buy one more bottle (space-consuming). But it's totally worth the price.

That's it for my second review. i hope you give your love and support to Innisfree (This blog is not sponsored, lol). It is really a great brand. Watch out for my other reviews. I have tons of products I want to share with you guys. Until then, have a nice April's Fool Day (No Joke!).



 STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!
                                                                                                                                                    \(^_^)/
AEGYO GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment