Translate

Friday 10 April 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree Green christmas jelly tint set




It's Christmas Time!!!

Credits: Innisfreeworld.com

Joking. I'm fully aware that we already hit April, but I so wanted to review those lovely lip tints by Innisfree on my new blog. In fact, those babies came as part of a Green Christmas Jelly Tint Set, which was like a special limited Christmas edition in December 2014. When they were on sale on Innisfreeworld.com for a few weeks only, I just could not resist them. The packaging is so cute, and it reflected the Christmas spirit at that time. Also, the colors looked so yummy on the ad. Innisfree could not have chosen a better time to put these tints on sale.

The set cost me $17 and contained 3x3 mL lip tints. In addition, these 3 different colors were available:

-No. 1 Warm Cotton Candy Pink
-No. 2 Sweet Orange Cookie
-No. 3 Refreshing Red Berry

The names given to the lip tints speak for themselves.

Credits:Innisfreeworld.com

They arrived in that adorable red packaging, made of biodegradable material. It was actually different from the usual recycled green-brown packaging we are used to from Innisfree. 


Front view
Back view with instructions in Korean


The little red box had those cute mistletoe designs on the sides. 


Cute mistletoe sighted on the lip tints as well :)



So simple, yet so cute ^_^




How the doe-foot applicator looks like (a bit fluffy, very soft):




The lip tints are actually smaller than the regular Innisfree Eco Flower tints which are available for 10 mL at $7 each. I already had the one in No. 3 Eco Balsam Garden tint (which is great by the way!). You can actually see the difference.

My Innisfree Lip Tint Collection

I personally prefer the Jelly Tint Set. The Eco Flower Tint is neither glossy nor moisturizing but it is long-lasting. It can be used on a daily basis. On the other hand, the jelly tints give a more glossy, glamorous finish and do not dry out the lips but don't last that long. The stain does remain, but the glossy part is already gone after drinking water or eating something or just munching on it. They have a fruity, yet strong natural scent and taste, very specific to Innisfree products. Moreover, they are light to wear. There is not that cakey feel, unlike lipsticks (that's why I prefer lip tints to lip gloss and lipstick). The colors are bright and appropriate to make gradation lips.

Swatches


 As you can see, the colors are pretty much like in the ad, that is vibrant and visible.  


When I glided my finger through the tints.
 



When trying to erase it with a tissue, only the tint remains while the glossy part is completely gone.

My personal favourite is the one in No.3 Refreshing Red Berry (a must for party time, date, hanging out!) but the No.1 is more appropriate for work, in my opinion. 
 
I've been using these tints since the beginning of 2015, having received them like a month after ordering (Postal services are very busy during that time, I understand), but the wait was definitely worth it. I really love the tints. They are the best so far. Sadly enough, there is only 3mL in each and I don't know if they will be available again on the online store this Christmas but if they are (and should be!), I would definitely buy them again. Meanwhile, I can't afford wasting them and use them on special occasions only. I'm holding on to them as much as I can. 

Pros:

-Gorgeous vivid Colors
-Beautiful Glossy Finish
-Portable
-User-Friendly
- Pleasant Scent
-Bio Ingredients
-Not Drying
-Cute and festive packaging (Great Christmas gift for friends)


Cons:

-Expensive
-Not much variety; Only 3 colors
-Only 3 mL :$
-Not long lasting
- Smudges easily
-Limited Edition


Currently, these lip tints are out of stock but I do hope that these will be on sale again, perhaps include them in the original 7 mL line (Why Not?). It would certainly be a guaranteed hit (Please, Innisfree). Meanwhile, till it's Christmas, you can check out other lip tints, lip balms, and lipsticks from Innisfree on Innisfreeworld.com 


 STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!


                 \(^_^)/

AEGYO GIRL

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Innisfree tints are always gorgeous, and those are no exception! All the colors are so lovely *___* sadly i couldn't get my hands on them, but i hope they will release something similar next Christmas!

    ----

    www.chocowip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martina! Thanks for your comment. you are actually the first person to comment on my blog. So I did not notice your comment until today. Sorry for that.

      I agree with you that Innisfree's lip tints are absolutely amazing. The colors from this set are actually the best I have tried so far. If you like your tints to have a glossier and more glam finish, these are the must-haves. I really love them and hope they are available again on Innisfreeworld, and you can grab yours :D

      Hope to hear from you again soon :)

      Delete