Translate

Monday 12 June 2017

REVIEW : Etude House AC Clinic Daily Super Skin Care Kit

Hi Y'all!!!!

The product I'm about to review is not one that I intentionally purchased but received as a gift from a friend who travelled to Malaysia and where there was an Etude House flagship Store. Woahhhhh. Well, I asked her to buy a few goodies for me there and she got a generous amount of samples there. Woahhhhhh again. It is actually the  Etude House AC Clinic Daily Super Skin Care Kit. Although the two products offered from this line are not the full-size ones, I gotta say they lasted me quite long. lol


-Etude House AC Clinic Daily Toner
-Etude House AC Clinic Daily  Gel Lotion

Good to point out that both products are from the Etude House AC Clinic Line, which has a wide range of other products for acne-prone skin: from face masks to creams, cleansers, mists, even make-up.



Packaging

The two samples come in a green and white box. It kind of looks like something you would get from a pharmacy, but with cuter details on it. lol




Both the Toner and the Gel Lotion come in very green, clear and small 80mL plastic containers. They could be very practical for travels. But unfortunately, I don't travel frequently. So, better use them up.

The products

Both have the same medicinal scent, which is very reminiscent of The Faceshop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clinic Solution

Etude House AC Clinic Daily Toner




 

Vol 2.70 fl. oz./80 mL

Directions

Dispense onto toner pad and use pad to wipe all areas of the face, after washing your face.

Ingredients


WATER, ALCHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERYTH-26, SALICYCLIC ACID, CHAMAECYPARIS OBTUSA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCOPROTEINS, AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANIUM (HORSE CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT,, SAURURUS CHINENSIS EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) EXTRACT, AMPELOSIS JAPONICA ROOT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, ALLIUM SATIVUM (GARLIC) BULB EXTRACT, ALLIUM CEPA (ONION) BULB EXTRACT, ALTHEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, LIPPIA CITRIODORA LEAF EXTRACT, MANNITOL, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, CAFFEINE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, CELLULOSE GUM, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE


The toner is a clear and transparent liquid. It has a very strong medicinal scent that can be bothering somehow. I used it while having strong acne on my cheeks. Well, not much difference after that. However, it has not irritated me like other very heavy-scented toners or those with high alcohol content. It is just a 'meh' product.

Etude House AC Clinic Daily  Gel Lotion




 

Vol. 2.70 fl. oz/80 mL

Directions

Apply the lotion on skin from the center of the face to the outside after using toner

Ingredients

WATER, ALCHOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BETAINE, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SALICYLIC ACID, CHAMAECYPARIS OBTUSA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCOPROTEINS, AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM (HORSE CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, SAURURUS CHINENSIS EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER EXTRACT), ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, LIPPIA CITRIODORA LEAF EXTRACT, AMPELOPSIS JAPONICA ROOT EXTRACT, CARCIA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, ALLIUM CEPA (ONION) BULB EXTRACT, ALLIUM SATIVUM (GARLIC) BULB EXTRACT, MANNITOL, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, CAFFEINE, DIMETHICONOL, OCTYLDODECETH-16, POLYACRYLATE-13, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, POLYISOBUTENE, CARBOMER, POLYSORBATE 20, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TROMETHAMINE, DISODIUM EDTA, FRAGRANCE

The lotion is milky white, very thick and viscous. It doesn't absorb quite well on the skin and can "sit" there for a while, if you don't apply something on top, such as a moisturiser. It was difficult for me to measure its effectiveness. If you've followed me, you should know I have frequent acne. I can definitely say it can soothe but not make a pimple disappear completely like some miracle solution.  However, it is a lotion that works well for dry skin, but for oily skin I'd say Nah! since your skin would look like a greasy mess afterwards. It kinda feels like a sleeping pack, though.

Pros:
-Both are moisturising
-Generous amounts for samples
-Somewhat soothing
Cons:
-Lotion is very thick on the skin
-Toner is heavily scented
-Too much fragrance and alcohol
-Both didn't heal my pimples

Conclusion

I don't think I would recommend those products 'cause they ain't work for my skin. Maybe they work better on others but for me, it did not make wonders for my huge ass pimples. They are still there even after one week. Considering these are very affordable skincare products and that Etude House is more verse on makeup, I should not have much expectations from them, though I do like the Collagen line. hehe. It seems only natural methods like the "honey and cinnamon masks' works best for my skin. Or maybe I should splurge on some very expensive skincare. Ouch



Stay Beautiful and Sweet

\(^_^)/


 Aegyo Girl

2 comments:

  1. It looks good but only thing which is concerning here is alcohol in the ingredients otherwise I would have tried it. Anyways thank you for sharing information about it with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It does contain alcohol. Like I said in my review, this line didn't do much for my skin. I'd recommend you to try more "natural" brands, such as Innisfree. Some of their products are less scented and do not contain less/no alcohol. They helped me more to cope with acne. But,purely homemade stuffs work best for me so far.lol

      Delete