Translate

Wednesday 29 March 2017

REVIEW: The Faceshop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clinic Solution


                                              Hi Everyone!

Today, I am gonna be talking about a product that I have tried while having a serious acne condition. It's The FaceShop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clinic Solution.





Well, I don't usually get acne all over my face like in my teenage years. It could be two or more very huge pimples at a time. One pimple comes, goes, and another pops up. Around October 2016, I had to attend a wedding and had like 3 huge ass pimples on my cheek. As I dropped by The FACESHOP flagship store to buy some good coverage concealer, the sales rep noticed my bad skin condition and suggested I try The FaceShop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clinic Solution. I decided to give it a try and bought it for Rs 750 (about US$ 21)for 150 mL of product.



What it is

A moisturizing anti-inflammable fluid type of emulsion that contains natural AHA & BHA
•    Anti-inflammable Complex
     - A complex of mung beans, birch tree, rumex crispus
     - Dipotassium glycyrrhizate
•    Moisturizing Complex
      - Betain, xanthan gum, glycerin

How to use

After clarifying toner take an appropriate amount and apply to skin.


Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tribehenin PEG-20 Esters, Steearic Acid, PEG-32, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Capryl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate,Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Fragrance, Benzyl Bezoate, Limonene, Linalool, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Phaseolus Radiatus Extract, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Betula Platyphyllajaponica Bark Extract, Rumex Crispus Root Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract.

The FaceShop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clinic Solution is part of a line called the Clean Face Blemish Zero line, which consists of a cleanser, a toner and a lotion (The clinic solution that I purchased).






Packaging 

The packaging is quite minimalist, not even secured in a box. The container is made of plastic and does not look like any FaceShop product I've used. It looks more like a pharmaceutical product, with a small pump. It does not even have a cap like Innisfree products with similar kind of pumps. So I guess it might be less hygienic. But who cares, as long as it aims at healing my pimple-stricken face.


Also, the bottle itself is opaque. So, I can never see exactly how much product is left, which is annoying. I am usually very heavy handed when I first start using a product and become more stingy with using it as I go through half of the bottle. But with this product, I don't even know how much I've used so far. But I am having difficulties pumping out the lotion lately, indicating perhaps that I am close to empty it.

The Product

The product itself is a milky white lotion or emulsion, as they described it. It could feel a bit oily at first. But it dries out pretty fast. So don't worry about getting an all greasy face. It smells more like the Innisfree Bija line. I am not a fan of that medicinal and herbal scent. But nevertheless...

Swatch


My Thoughts

After using that product for 6 months, I can't say there has been real progress with my skin. By using it on its own, my acne kept going and coming back so much so that I had to use antibiotics. To say that it clears my blemishes is an overstatement, I still have horrible scars from back in December and each week a new pimple pops out. It neither heals my acne nor can it be used as a preventive emulsion. In the end, I had to change my whole skincare routine. But I am still using it just because... I spent money on it, obviously.

But it can be used as an ordinary moisturiser. At least, we can say it serves a purpose. But not the one it was meant for and that I thought would clear my bad skin,

For more efficiency, maybe I should have purchased the whole line. But hey, I'm not falling into that trap and I guess it would have not changed anything, cause the results were not mind-blowing at all with even a single product.

Summary

Pros:
-Not Drying
-Moisturising
-Not So expensive

Cons:
-No major improvements to my skin
-Does not erase blemishes
-Does not prevent acne
-Opaque bottle


Conclusion

Am I repurchasing The Faceshop Clean Face Blemish Zero Clinic Solution? Never.
Am I purchasing other products from that line? Also, never.
Is it worth it? Nopes.
Sorry Thefaceshop. I like your products but that one was quite disappointing.
So, for those out there who have been using that product, and think that it's done wonders to your skin, let me know. Maybe it's not meant for all kinds of acne prone skins. Please leave your comments down below. Until next time. 


Stay Beautiful and Sweet  
 \(^_^)/ 
  Aegyo Girl

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing review here as it always help me making buying decision. After reading your review, I would definitely not going to buy this prodcut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This used to me my go to skin care essential in the UAE. Now I have moved countries and miss it so much. My face skin is very prone to acne and yet very dry. So gels never moisturised it enough and creams ended in breakout. This restored balance and glow in my skin. I never had blemishes so I can't comment on it but otherwise it was a perfect everyday skin care essential to keep it hydrated and healthy.

    ReplyDelete