Translate

Friday 9 December 2016

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP CC Intense Cover Cushion- V203 Natural Beige

Hi Everyone!

Guess what... Guess what????? Here's another cushion to review.


Yessss. I've decided to pile up on cushions! No, seriously, there was a promotion going on at THEFACESHOP retail store here and I thought I should get myself one of those cushions to try out. 

My favourite pick was the THEFACESHOP CC Intense Cover Cushion. I know that in Korea the hype is currently on the collabs with Kakaotalk or Disney, where you get the same product but in a different packaging based on those collabs. But alas, here they did not bring those limited edition ones :(  You know how  crazy I am when it comes to cute and colorful packaging.


So, let's get back to that CC Intense Cover Cushion. In that CC Cushion line, there is also the CC Ultra Moist Cushion, which I thought would not be that great to wear in Mauritius where there is already a humid environment. Even if I once tried a moist cushion before, and liked it, I preferred to stick to a less dewy version, especially with summer coming back. Also, I need something that has a bit more of coverage (Got huge breakouts lately!!! :(  )

Here are some of the ads that I came across online, featuring Suzy and Kim Soo Hyun <3 <3 <3




THEFACESHOP CC Intense Cover Cushion is available in 3 shades only.
-V103-Pure Beige
-V201-Apricot Beige
-V203-Natural Beige

What it is

Moisture-lasting CC cream for a vibrant, lively complexion. It reduces wrinkles and brightens skin.

Full coverage formula with ultra-natural finish. The formula was designed to sit close to skin, giving it a smooth and natural finish without making the makeup look heavy as it covers redness and discolorations for a picture perfect complexion.
Luminous finish for vibrant complexion. Formulated with Rose Oil and Lavender Oil, this cushion makeup with intense coverage gives your skin a vibrant appearance and provides a feeling of relaxation to tired skin. It creates a bright finish as the formula stays true to its color without turning luminous.
Special treatment with Hyaluronic Acid for moisturizing, elasticity-enhancing, and volume adding effects.  The formula contains micro-molecule Hyaluronic Acid that immediately boosts skin’s moisture content, giving skin a supple, bouncy texture.



 

 


Packaging

The packaging can look more on the classy side but it is in fact, really simple. The box is made of a glossy silver finish while the compact is made of simple and cheap-looking plastic but has quite and appealing and classy silver lid with THEFACESHOP tree-shaped logo on it. It is quite low-key and I can use it without people questioning me on cute-looking compacts like Etude House.lol





Ingredients





The Cushion 

Air Puff



Like all cushions I have used before, it has that sponge soaked into CC cream. It has a yellow undertone and is darker than my previous cushions. Since it aims at Intense coverage, it is thicker and more on the matte side than other cushions I have used. It comes with a spongy air puff which is a bit harder than Innisfree's and Etude House's.




My Thoughts

This cushion is applied effortlessly. It covers my pimples, pores, blemishes perfectly, even the biggest and most rebellious ones. It layers perfectly and it matches my skin tone in the most natural way possible. It is hydrating and not drying. It doesn't have a white cast neither. It lasts for quite a long time when used with primer and powder.  Also, dewy face haters will like it more. It is more on the matte side.

My only qualm is that it can cake up if you have dry patches, and dry patches I have :(. Without primer and powder it is very slippery and somewhat sticky on the face. My hair sticks to my face, which is not quite comfy. Moreover, it can turn into a wobbly brown mess especially if you wear glasses. After I remove them, I often have to touch up and clean up the mess that formed on my nose and cheeks. Be sure to prime and powder your face, and that cushion will work quite well. Also, beware of the amount of skincare. It is not compatible with thick face creams or gels.  These can make the foundation even more slippery and thick.

Despite the problems I encountered with that product, this is my go-to cushion lately. I am almost done with it in less than a year and on the verge of purchasing a refill. If used correctly, it really gives a beautiful finish with very good coverage.

Below are a series of pictures to show how that CC cushion wore on my face. Please note I have combination skin, with oily T-zone and dry patches on my face. Also, I have sensitive skin :( When I took those pictures, I had some breakouts and acne scars. No primer, concealer or powder used. Only skincare and sunscreen on. Photos taken under natural lighting.



So, right after application, you can notice that CC cushion does a great job at hiding my huge acne scars. It evened out my complexion. My skin looked brighter and had that dewy effect. But in reality, it does not look that dewy. It is pretty much more midway between matte and dewy. After 8 hours (during which I went working, running around, walking under a scorching sun (summer hitting hard here), touching my face, wearing glasses), the foundation moved around a bit. But not as much as previous cushions I've used. It looked still pretty decent and natural. My acne scars started becoming visible throughout the day, showing that the cushion did wore off, but not completely. I am pretty much satisfied. With a primer, concealer and powder, the result was more long-lasting. However, choice of the 3 latter should be made with care. Some concealers and powders tend to make thicken my makeup, when combined with that cushion. Avoid thick and drying concealers.

Pros:
-Very good coverage
-Not drying
-Long-lasting
-Build-able
-Portable
-Easy refill
-No Scent
-Matches my skintone
-Natural Looking

Cons:
-Can become thick and cakey
-Sticky
-A little bit pricey

Conclusion

To this day, THEFACESHOP CC Intense Cover Cushion V203 Natural Beige is the best cushion I've ever tried, so far. I know I keep saying this with each new cushion post. But, who cares, I will try out newer and better cushions out there. It is always a pleasure for me to share my experience with you girls. This cushion in particular, is one that is so effortless to wear. It is really an all-in-one foundation in a cushion.

So, what did you think of my new review? It's been a long time, for sure. But I'll make sure to come back with more contents for you guys. Do not hesitate to leave your comments down below.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet


 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl

2 comments: