Translate

Monday 1 August 2016

REVIEW: Tonymoly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm

Hi Everybody!

I am so happy to announce that I am making a review of my first Tonymoly purchase. And I bought it in Mauritius in a supermarket, for roughly Rs 450.


I was aware of the existence of Tonymoly but not of that specific product. It must not be one of its most well-known products. But as soon as I saw it, I felt I had to grab it. ^_^

What it is

Soft silky primer closes the pore and keeps makeup matte for a long time.

Volume; 20 g

Directions

Apply small amount and gently spread onto loose pores.

Ingredients

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dime thicone Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsequioxane Cross polymer, Silica, Ceresin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Vinegar, Egg Shell Powder, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dime thicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowloam) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Arachidonate, Propylparaben, Fragrance

Caution

For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if signs of irritation.

Packaging

The Tonymoly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm comes in a simple, yet cute packaging, with the egg designs. At first, I thought what was an Easter chocolate doing on that cosmetics shelf even if it wasn't Easter time when I bought it. Then I saw Korean characters and Tonymoly. My heart sank.
 
Packaging


The balm is contained in a palm-size gold egg. Yeah I was really into the Easter mood right then. It reminded me of the giant Easter Egg Chocolates I used to receive. LOL But of course, there ain't any chocolate in there.



As you unscrew the egg, there was that neon orange lid that sealed the product inside. But I was shocked by the fact that such a big egg contained so little product. That egg is also not very practical for travel. You could scrape off some of it and transfer the balm into a more travel-friendly container. In the end, that egg can only be used as a decoration when I use the balm up.

The Balm

In its untouched state
Swatch

The balm itself looked liked some sort of whipped cream or some collapsed hard-boiled egg. whatever. But it was in fact balmy in texture, smooth yet thick, a bit like Vaseline, but it broke down more into a powdery texture rather than gel. It has a citrus smell to it, which is surprising considering it is supposed to represent an egg. I actually thought it would have a raw egg smell. But of course, noone would buy it if it smelled like that. Anyways, it has a really pleasant smell that reminds me one of my favourite dessert:Lemon Meringue Tart. Yummy. Ok today's review is all about food. LOL ^_^

My thoughts

I usually use the Tonymoly Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm as a primer after applying skincare and sunscreen. I take a good chunk and work it through into my skin just like I would with a regular primer. It felt really smooth and it covered my pores pretty much effectively. It also didn't dry up my skin or make me break out. Make-up could be applied really well and smoothly on top of it. For instance, if I moisturised my skin quite heavily, my foundation or BB cream would tend to create dry patches and make me look awful. But with this, my make-up lasted longer and it kind of protected my pores from being obstructed and getting dirty from foundation. It helped preventing my makeup to actually emphasised my enlarged pores. Yayyyy

So, I'm pretty much satisfied with the balm. Although on first application, you might think it would lay on thick on your skin, it actually sets on your skin and give it a smooth and uniform finish. If you dislike dewy finish with your make-up, you can use it to attenuate the dewy effect from Korean make-up (if you are a frequent user of Korean stuffs), giving your skin a more matte appearance .As if you've applied powder or a pore control product.

Conclusion

Pros:
-Not Drying
-Prevents make-up from creating dry patches
-covers up pores
-Matte finish
-Does not irritate the skin
-Nice citrus scent

Cons:
-Not Moisturising
-Not very portable

I would recommend it to people with large pores and oily skin. Those with dry skin could use it as well but it could matify your face a little bit too much, especially if you layer it with foundation and powder. It is quite easy to work with although it might not be my go-to product when I am in a hurry. Hope you liked this review and my apologies for delaying too much with my reviews. Leave your comments down below and follow me on my social media.


Stay Beautiful and Sweet



 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

2 comments:

  1. DO you think I can use it under dewy fondation/bb? Will it cake up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy!
    Sorry for the late reply. I've been on an offline mode lately and didn't look at my comments section. Yes, that balm can be used under dewy foundation/bb. Be sure to apply your skincare first, then that balm. It will make the dewy makeup look more matte but if your skin ain't dry, it won't cake up.

    I remember cleansing my face twice during the day and it really made my skin so dry that my skincare was not enough to moisturise my skin and even with that balm, my foundation would cake up. I tried cleansing my face only once a day ( in the evening), and just rinsing my face with water in the morning while still applying my same skincare and same balm and makeup, and it stopped caking up. So yeah, it all depends on your skin condition in the end, not really on the balm.

    ReplyDelete