Translate

Thursday 16 June 2016

REVIEW: Etude House Big Cover Cushion Concealer in Vanilla

Hello Everybody!
Hope you are all doing well.
I have tons of hauls to do about products I've purchased over the past few months and I'm doing my best not to be a lazy bum.
So, this time, it's a review of another product from Etude House: It's the Big Cover Cushion Concealer. It's the first time I'm reviewing a concealer (not the first time I've bought one though), and the first time I'm using a cushion concealer.




I use concealers a lot since I've got lots of skin troubles: enlarged pores, 3D pimples, acne scars from time to time. Hopefully, i don't have dark circles. But hell yeah I have quite a bunch to hide. I am so thankful to the one who invented concealers. What a genious!

As for the cushion concept, I've become a regular user of cushion foundations. But for those who don't know, blushers, concealers, lip products, eyeliners and eyeshadows can also have a cushion version around. Yeah, South Koreans are so obsessed with cushions for their cosmetics lately. It's like their trademark invention.

The Big Cover Cushion concealer is, as you can guess, from the Big Cover Line from Etude House. It came out along with a whole range of other full-coverage products, namely:

-The Big Cover Concealer BB SPF 50+/PA+++
-The Big Cover Cushion Concealer SPF 30/PA++
-The Big Cover Tip Concealer


The cushion concealers in that line were made to cater for different needs and shades, of course.
-Illuminate is, as its name indicates, a highlighter;
-Mint is meant to neutralise redness on your face;
-Peach Pink is meant to brighten the skin;
-Sand, Vanilla and Beige are meant to be used as concealers for different skin shades.



What it is
Cushion Concealer includes a finger cushion puff to cover flaws naturally anytime, anywhere with customized correcting color for complete, flawless skin..


How to apply
1. Press the back part of the button 1-2 times, apply the side of a finger cushion puff onto the desired area, and rub it in lightly along skin texture to promote absorption.
2. Use the front side of the finger cushion and tap lightly to blend, avoiding the lines.



Caution
1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high/low temperatures or in areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Stop using if it causes any allergic reaction or any problems arising.

Ingredients
<Vanilla>
Water, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Disodium Edta, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Adenosine, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ozokerite, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Fragrance

Weight (g): 25


Size: 0.16 oz. / 5g

Unlike other products from Etude House which are pink and cute, the Big Cover Line is more on the subtle and no-thrills side. The cushion concealer I bought comes in an ordinary nude-colored box and the product is in a plastic tube-like container, unlike cushion foundations which come in compacts. So, nothing really extraordinary. Usually, Etude House blows me away with its cute packaging, but this time, it was seriously nothing ground-breaking. But come on, I've bought it more for its concept, that is the "Cushion" concept. hehe







The tube, I should say, had a cushion on one end and a click button on another. Speaking of the cushion, it is a fluffy little ball of fur, nothing like the cushion air puffs K-beauty addicts are used to, when it comes BB cushion foundations. I kind of liked that ball of fur. So fluffyyyy!!!! ^_^  I actually liked it so much I didn't want to get it all dirty with concealer, but alas!!

After a few clicks, well, not just a few, maybe after like 20+ clicks, the concealer started oozing out of the ball of fur. It got all dewy, thick and sticky. Bye bye ball of fur. But don't worry about having to click for an hour before getting stuff on your cushion. After the first hassle clicks, it comes out more easily later on.

Anyways, the concealer was quite of a thick consistency and it kind of matched my skin tone although it was a bit light. But it was okay. As long as I don't look like I've got a dark brown spot, an issue I've had with the lightest shades of concealers I've had here. As I mentioned before, I have a hard time getting the right shade in Mauritius.

Up to this one, I've only used stick concealers, which I don't like in particular. They are just too thick and clump on my face. I prefer the Big Cover Cushion Concealer in that it is really practical, yet still thick and clumpy. It's just a few clicks and bam! on the face. It is portable and does not require brushes.



This cushion concealer, as seen on ads, is usually meant to cover up dark circles, although I believe it's still a bit thick for the under eyes area. However, I decied to try it on my bag-ass pimples as well. Some demo right here:







The main qualm I have is that it does not provide enough coverage for the big ass 3D pimples I usually get. No good at all. It can cover up pores, small pimples and scars, but forget about the humongous stuff you could get. It is not as Big Cover as I thought. Also, it is thick and hard to blend on the go. Applying powder on that or having dry skin can make it clump. It's even worse now that it's winter in Mauritius. My skin has got a lot drier and that concealer just clumps on my dry patches. Not really the result I would wish for.

Also, it is not long-lasting. It fades away quite quickly, even if I didn't touch my face throughout the day. After a few hours, all my flaws would make their appearance. ewww

It is also very messy. Do make sure to clean up after each use and to clean the puff thoroughly on a regular basis as cushions are breeding grounds for germs.

Pros:
-Matches my skin tone
-Portable and Practical
-Hides small pimples, scars and pores pretty well


Cons:
-Too thick
-Messy and Not hygienic
-Not long-lasting
-Clumps with powder and dry skin

I recommend it  for its portability and practicality, but not for the quality of the product. Could have been better. Not a holy grail for me.

Anyways, did you like my review? Did you try out any of the Big Cover products from Etude House? Did you like them? Let me down in the comments section below. I'd loved to hear from ya :D



Stay Beautiful and Sweet



 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

1 comment:

  1. I own the concealer kit myself and it consists of 3 different tone concealer. It doesn't provide enough coverage but it can cover dark circle and I think the kit one is the most moisturizing one among the line

    ReplyDelete