Translate

Sunday 12 June 2016

REVIEW: Etude House (Berry Delicious) Fantastic Color Eyes in Strawberry Mojito & Color in Liquid Lips Juicy in RD305

Hello Everybody!

I am back with a collection that's been around a while ago. It's the Berry Delicious Collection from Etude House. Okay, I didn't get my hands on much of it. But I'm so gonna review the Fantastic Color Eyes in Strawberry Mojito & Color in Liquid Lips Juicy in RD305.





But first, enjoy the super cute videos Etude House made with the gorgeous Krystal Jung, the best ambassador this brand could ever have. To die for.

 





Here are the other ads by Etude House:


The whole collection



That collection was indeed Berry Berry Delicious looking with its refreshing strawberry concept. The entire line consisted of two eyeshadow palettes, various nail polishes, a wide range of liquid lipsticks, mascaras, cream blushers, cushions, lip balms and a body wash/scrub that reminds me of my Body shop ones with strawberry seeds inside.  hmmmmm delicious!

I initially wanted to buy one of the the cream blushers but the shades looked way too pigmented to my liking. duh. As for the eyeshadow palette, I had my eyes on the Strawberry Fondue (sounded delicious and the warmer tone colors were really gorgeous, but unlucky as I am, I had to go for Strawberry Mojito :P)
As for my first liquid lipstick, I managed to get the shade I wanted, which is the one Krystal had on the ad. A gorgeous cherry red. Hell yeah!!!

Anyways let's move on with the reviews.


Etude House (Berry Delicious) Fantastic Color Eyes in Strawberry Mojito



What it is




This is a 6 color eye shadow palette that comes in trendy colors and various textures or fantastic expression of the eyes for different occasions.











How to apply
 
With enclosed tip’s wider surface, spread base color onto eyelid and with tip’s narrow surface, apply shadow for gradation, eye edges or delicate application to lash line.



Caution

1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high/low temperatures or in areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Stop using if it causes any allergic reaction or any problems arising.

Ingredients

#7 Strawberry Fondue
Talc, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Mica (Ci 77019), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polypropylene, Zinc Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Boron Nitride, Polybutene, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Isostearic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Silver (Ci 77820), Tin Oxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ptfe, Methicone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850)

#8 Strawberry Mojito
Talc, Mica (Ci 77019), Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Nylon-12, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Magnesium Stearate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Boron Nitride, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polypropylene, Isostearic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, C16-18 Hydroxyalkyl Hydroxydimerdilinoleyl Ether, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Mineral Oil, Methicone, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tin Oxide, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polybutene, Ptfe, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)

My Experience

The palette comes in a cute pink glossy box and the palette itself is so cute and adorable (As expected of Etude House). It is so small, light and portable. It comes with a built-in mirror and an applicator.

Cute pink strawberry packaging  ^_^
Product information in Korean and English. To be used  within 12 months

This palette has got 6 shades, of varying textures and I like the names given to both the palette and the shades:



1. Soda Water is a shimmery champagne color, perfect for inner corners and aegyo sal, or as a highligher for the brow bone.


2. Lime and Berry Squeeze is a matte pale orange powder, can be used as a base color, and it is not very pigmented.


3. Spearmint is a very glittery minty green shade. You have to layer on several times before actually seeing a faint green shade. Otherwise it will be only glitter and glitter. Quite messy actually. Got it all over my face. lol. So be careful on application but it looks nice and appropriate for parties.


4. Crushed Strawberry is another very glittery pink orangey shade. On first application, it will be like spearmint. All panchag panchag (meaning shiny in Korean). Layering is key to make the orange shade visible. But with my hooded eyelids. hmmm difficult.


5. Berry Brown Sugar is a shimmery coffee brown. It can be used for shading your outer V. Not very pigmented.


6. Mojito Party is a shimmery dark brown, useful for a dark brown smokey, which I'm not really good at doing.


To be honest, I like the palette. The shades that are appropriate for a casual and daily look  are Soda water, Lime and Berry Squeeze and Berry Brown Sugar. Even Mojito party is not that dark.  They are not that pigmented, very subtle, can be layered and natural looking.

For the remaining three colors, I find them more appropriate for a party, for a night out, or if you are in a K-pop group, well for events where your eyes have to pop and shine. lol Despite not being that pigmented, the glittery shades made my eyes look like it was too much and they have poor adherence to the eyelids. I got fall-outs everywhere on my face, on my hands, on just everything I touched. My face looked like a shining ball so much so I literally had to cleanse my face and start my skincare routine all over before applying my base makeup. Either you've got to have  a light hand on application or don't mind there is glitter all over your face.

If you like very pigmented eyeshadows, I would not really recommend this palette to you. Etude House has actually a whole range of single eyeshadows called Look at my Eyes. At the moment, I have only two of them (Poor me). One is a shimmer and one is matte but they are so pigmented and pretty, I could use them alone for my eyes and for a daily working look. But it seems the eyeshadows coming in palettes are not as pigmented. I should make a review of the Etude House Blend for 4 eyes palette for you to know what I am talking about. 

But in any case, I'm gonna keep the Etude House (Berry Delicious) Fantastic Color Eyes in Strawberry Mojito for special occasions. 

Note that this palette has been discontinued on the online store where I got it at a discounted price of $11.76. But it is available on other retailer online shops as well.

Do I recommend it? Yes and No, it depends on your preferences. It has poor pigmentation and too much glitter for 2 of the shades in my opinion.

Etude House (Berry Delicious) Color in Liquid Lips Juicy in RD305


What it is
The moisturizing strawberry moisture softly melts on the lips, with the sweet and sour color expressing juicy, wet lips.


Yeah there is a green version that gives a lavender tint. weird


How to apply
 
1. Order Color in Liquid Lips Juicy.
2. Gently apply the juicy content full of strawberry fruit juice on the lips.
3. Apply on the center of the lower lip in dots to create more beautiful gradation on the lips.


Caution
1. Use only as directed.
2. Avoid storing in high/low temperatures or in areas exposed to direct sunlight.
3. Stop using if it causes any allergic reaction or any problems arising.


Ingredients
#27 RD305
Water, Octyldodecanol, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Alcohol, Ethylcellulose, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Orange 4 (Ci 15510), Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Propanediol, Fragrance



My Experience

If you've heard of the Color in Liquid Lips line before, you might be aware of what I'm talking about here. The Etude House (Berry Delicious) Color in Liquid Lips Juicy is just a repackaged version, but I supposed they also brought in new shades and tastes. This stuff really smells and tastes like strawberry candy.

For my first liquid lipstick, I wanted to emulate one of my fave K-pop idol, f(x) Krystal. Girl, you are going to make me go broke. She (or someone else) picked the RD305 for the ads and I thought it really matched her and the whole Berry Delicious concept.

Anyways, here's what the packaging looks like with that cute cherry red and pink little box. It really looks like I'm playing house with those pink packagings. haha but I seriously adore these. 





The liquid lipstick comes in that upside down lipstick looking tube. For those who are new to that line, it is supposed to be presented upside down and that lipstick thing is not the actual lipstick. It's in fact the container for the liquid lipstick. yeah I know it's complicated. It comes with a slanted doe foot applicator, very bouncy and fluffy.

 
Doe-foot Applicator

As for the product, it smells so nice, made me crave for some strawberry yogurt, gums or candy. yummy. Reminds me of my childhood seriously. I used to chew on everything that tasted like strawberry. hahah. The liquid lipstick is very liquid and very pigmented. I initially thought it would be red, like really red. Turned out it is more cherry red, with a pinkish tint to it.
Swatch
Anyways, this Etude House one does stains the lips really well and it is not drying at all. It pretty much felt like a gloss to me. I like how my lips got that nice cherry red tint as if I just had a popsicle. hehe It is really damn hard to take off.  So you are good to go for a whole day with it. The gloss part might be gone but the stain will stay for sure. Even cleansing oil and foam can't remove it completely. You have to do some serious rubbing and scrubbing. But my lips always had that tint of red or pink to it. Re-application not required :P
After rubbing with a piece of tissue paper

After using cleansing oil



Do I recommend it? Yes, there is a variety of colors for all needs and occasions and it stays on for long. So, you can't really go wrong on that one.

Conclusion

Overall, I liked the only two products I got from the Etude House Berry Delicious Collection. While the palette did not impress me that much as I thought I'd be, unlike with the Look at my eyes mono shadows, the color in liquid lipstick made me wanna try out more liquid lipsticks from Etude House. I guess I would have preferred Strawberry Fondue though. Whyyyy??? :( Anyways, hope you like my small review. Let me know down in the comments below what are your thoughts about your collection and if you've tried out other products.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet


 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment