Translate

Friday 13 May 2016

Beauty Face-off: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic nose pack V/S THEFACESHOP Blackhead Out Charcoal nose strip

Hi Beauties!

Today I'm coming up with a new series on my blog: Beauty Face-off, where I'll compare the performance of almost similar products from two different brands. To kick it off, I'll be starting with a rather gross post, yeah absolutely gross!!!

My blogpost will be about nose strips, and for those who know how they work, you know how gross they are. So, I'll be comparing and contrasting the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic nose pack and THEFACESHOP Blackhead Out Charcoal nose strip.


Basically, nose strips are small sticker-like masks, that you apply on your nose area to remove blackheads and whiteheads, as you literally tear them off your skin. But rest assured, the pain will leave your nose all clean and smooth. Oh I forgot to mention, the process can hurt like hell.-_-

I've tried peel-off masks like the THEFACESHOP Black Yeast Peel-off Pack. But the latter was relatively pain-free. As for nose strips, you feel those white/blackheads getting ripped off from your skin. pheww But somehow, i got myself addicted to that pain cuz these are one of the most effective solutions to those invasive white/black heads.

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack


Anyways, let's start off with the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack.

By the way, I got it on innisfreeworld.com for a pack of 6 nose packs at $3.00 only. I actually first tried it in 2014.  Innisfree recently repackaged it, as seen above.


What it is
Nose pack for removing blackheads! 

1. The Jeju volcanic clay treats pores by removing blackheads and other impurities. 

2. The nose pack can be used on various areas, such as your nose, forehead, or chin. 

3. With a lavender aroma to comfort your mind and body 

What is Jeju volcanic clay? 
Jeju volcanic clay is made from minerals released by volcanic explosions in Jeju. It's categorized as a preserved alkaline resource and is effective in removing sebum and other impurities.
How to use
1. After your face wash, thoroughly wet your nose. 
2. Remove the film sheet from the back of the mask. Then, apply the mask to the center of your nose and gently press it against the rest of your nose. 
3. After 10-15 minutes, when the mask is completely dry, gently peel off the mask. 
4. After removing the sheet, apply toner. 
(Recommended use: 1-2 times per week on the forehead, nose, and chin)
Ingredients
Wash away pore-clogging impurities with Jeju volcanic scoria! 

Volcanic scoria is a pure, and fairly rare, ingredient formed from lava as it cools after a volcanic eruption. 

It has a powerful sebum-absorbing capacity and washes away impurities while moisturizing skin, leaving it cleaner and healthier than ever before.
VP/VA Copolymer ,Water,Silica,Volcanic Ash (JEJU SCORIA), Dimethicone,Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate,Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Flower Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract,Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract,Tocopheryl Acetate,Polysorbate 60,Sorbitan Sesquioleate,Fragrance,Titanium Dioxide, CI 19140, CI 14700
The Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack is of beige/nude color. It has a clay-like smell to it. I don't like it, but I have to bear with it for a few minutes.

How it looks, untouched
On my nose, on my pores

If you know how to use it well, it works just fine. When I first used it, I didn't quite understand how those worked. Plus, nothing came off. I was like "What the hell?" The thing with those strips is that you have to tone and moisturise your skin before using them and gently dab the mask with some water while it is on your nose and it will sort of harden around your skin. I found those tricks made the strip more effective. When I tried them later on, there were indeed a few white/blackheads coming off, though it was not that great. But it still hurt on removal on a scale of 6/10 duh :(

ewwww

Not repurchasing. :P Sorry for that one Innisfree. I love you but your strips are quite disappointing to me.

THEFACESHOP Blackhead Out Charcoal nose strip

Well, that one is on a totally different level, trust me.


Sorry for the dust :P

Untouched

I bought them at Rs 25.00 each, at less than a dollar, from THEFACESHOP Mauritius.

This one is grey in color and has like a very pungent fermented like smell (much stronger than Innisfree's), which is not so pleasant to the nose. It made me nauseous. 

Like the Innisfree one, you have to dab some water. I actually got the trick from the instructions here. Thanks THEFACESHOP. But that one hardens a lot more than the Innisfree ones. And I gotta say those strips hurt like s**t on removal. The more it hurts, the better they say. The pain can be on a scale of 10/10.lol No, but seriously, it hurts a lot. But this turns out to be much more effective, as almost all my white/blackheads are gone after the torture, even the ones in the inner corners of my nose. But the process allowed my skin to break free and finally breathe. And my pores decreased significantly in size.

On my nose
triple ewwwww

Definitely repurchasing. I usually take an handful of them on visiting the store. hehe

Little sidenote: When using nose strips, from whatever brands, make sure that your skin remains clean and well moisturised. If you have sensitive skin like me, do use an aloe soothing gel afterwards. It will help alleviating the pain ;)


Conclusion

Judge by yourself which is better!

Well, I admit having a preference for  THEFACESHOP Blackhead Out Charcoal nose strip. For once, the convenience of having a store nearby did not come into play, nor its price (obviously). Even if I had to buy it online, I'd do it over the Innisfree ones. I seriously like this stuff. I can't wait to try strips from other brands. But this one is on my must-have list. Have you tried those nose strips? If yes, which one did you prefer ? If no, which one would you choose?

Stay Beautiful and Sweet
\(^_^)/  

Aegyo Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment