Translate

Sunday 14 February 2016

REVIEW: Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++

Happy Lunar New Year Again Everybody!!!

In Mauritius, we celebrate Chinese New Year too 'cause yeah, there is a Sino-Mauritian diaspora which  consists mainly of descendants of Chinese immigrants and I'm proud to be part of them. Here, we light firecrackers, have lion dances, make yummy chinese delicacies to be shared with our kith and kin. But it is customary for Mauritian Chinese to take more days off and stay at hotels or go to the beach to celebrate the new year. Perks of living on a tropical island.


Anyways, my point is it is the peak season during which sunscreen is the most used. Last year, I've purchased the Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock for $10 online. It is the first Korean sunscreen for me and I must say it works wonders for the Summer Season here. I'm mostly used to French brands like Avene or Garnier but this Innisfree one is absolutely dope.

In Mauritius, it is a necessity to slap on SPF 50+, cause the sun hits on hard here and sunburns can be quite nasty for people with fair skin. Personally, I almost never tan, I get literally sunburnt, whereby my skin turns tomato red and sheds after a few days. The sunlight is the main cause of aging , so it is a need to wear sunscreen everyday to prevent the wrinkle. Needless to say, I started using sunscreen everyday after learning this. Of course, a good umbrella and hat are essential. You can't rely on sunscreen only for optimal protection.  

Coming back to the Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock, it is sold in that cute yellow and white recycled packaging with a sunflower design. Moreover, the plastic tube is rectangular and flat, which makes it easy to carry around in your pocket. Given its small size, I use it mostly on my face and use a sunscreen spray for my whole body such that it is more economical. If I used it on my whole body, I guess I would use up the whole tube within a week.







Ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc oxide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dipropylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isoamyl p-Methoxycinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Portulaca oleracea Extract, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Sunflower oil, Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Tangerine Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, green Tea Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Mica, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glyceryl Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Cellulose Gum, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow Iron oxides, Chromium oxide greens
What it doesn't have
    5-free system : Free of mineral oil, animal ingredients, synthetic fragrance, tar color and talc

What it is
A moisturizing and long-lasting sunblock with ECOCERT organic sunflower oil that protects skin from UV rays
 
A long-lasting sun block made from organic sunflower oil SPF50/PA+++ 

1. Sunflower oil and eco-friendly green tea extracts from Jeju protects skin from harmful UV rays.

2. Long-lasting sunblock for outdoor activities, with strong control over sweat, sebum, and protection from harmful UV rays. 

3. Fermented yeast ingredients protect skin from ozone and other harmful materials.
How to use
At the end of your skincare routine, apply sunblock to any parts frequently exposed to UV rays, such as the face, neck, arms, and legs.
Ingredients
Sunflower oil in innisfree sunblock keeps your skin healthy and safe from UV rays.





As for the sunblock itself, it has a thick milky white texture, but once it is applied onto the skin, it is so light and has matte finish. It is easily absorbed into the skin and it is not drying nor oily at all. I guess it is more suitable for oily to combination skins. It provides a very good base for makeup as well and it doesn't give a white cast. It can last a whole day and there is no mess with my makeup. Western brands, on the other hand, tend to leave a greasy finish, my makeup smudges a lot and I get those horrible white casts on photos. 


It doesn't make me break out or irritate my skin. Ever since I've used it, I observed a noticeable change in terms of my usual acne. I used to have like really big and awful-looking pimples, but right now, I kind of have smaller and manageable pimples. Well, it can be due to other changes I brought into my skincare routine or to my diet which I try to keep as healthy as possible, whenever I can (well, certainly not with the Chinese New Year coming around). But using sunscreen on a daily basis was certainly a huge contributor.

My only qualm about this product is the smell, the "Innisfree" smell, the same as the Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam. It's not overwhelming, it fades away quite quickly and I got accustomed with it very quickly. So, it depends on how sensitive you are to smell. Also, it gets washed away if you go for a swim or just wash your face. So, either you have to buy the waterproof version at $16 or reapply occasionally.

 Pros:
-Not Drying
-Appropriate for oily to combination and sensitive skins
-Matte Finish
-Good Base for Make-up
-No White Cast
-Lasts throughout the Day
-Provides good daily protection from the Sun
-Very good for humid climates

Cons:
-Not Waterproof
-Herbal Innisfree Smell


To conclude, I would recommend the Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++. It is worth splurging money on. It is a very good sunscreen that is appropriate for daily use, especially in a humid climate like Mauritius. Be sure to always wear sunscreen to slow down aging and avoid sunburns!

Moreover, I'm sorry for not updating as often as I would like to. I've got tons of products pending to be reviewed. Just that I am taken by work and studies. Please bear with me and I'll see you soon with another review.

Stay Beautiful and Sweet
  
\(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

1 comment:

  1. Great Post!!

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. I can't express how much I love Milli-Billi's Korean sunscreen for face! As someone who has tried various sunscreens over the years, I finally found my holy grail product. The lightweight formula feels like a dream on my skin, and the SPF protection is unmatched. It's become an essential step in my daily skincare routine, and I've noticed a significant improvement in the overall health and appearance of my skin. Milli-Billi has truly nailed it with this sunscreen, and I can't recommend it enough to fellow skincare enthusiasts!

    ReplyDelete