Translate

Monday 15 January 2018

REVIEW: Colourpop Phase Me Out Super Shock Shadow Collection

Happy New Year Beauties!!!

I've been away for quite long this time. Personal issues, meh :P

For my first post of 2018, I wanna start with a brand I've been trying out for the first time: Colourpop. Not Korean, but there has been so much hype about their eye shadows that I really wanted to give it  a go. So here I am, with the Phase Me Out Super Shock Shadow Collection. Yeah, come on Colourpop, Phase Me Out! Okay, I am losing it XD


What it is

The best-selling Super Shock Shadows from our Spring collection, plus an exclusive new shade:

Going Rogue: pearlized soft silvery peach
Itty Bitty: satin soft salmon pink
Flipper: Soft tangerine with a ton of silver glitter on top in a Metallic finish
One by One: pearlized true pastel peach

 (Can't be more self-explanatory)





Packaging




The eye shadows come in a little paper-like box with somewhat cute childish drawings: small cherries and smiley faces, peace out signs and flames.But it remains a very simple packaging, with a with background and an peachy ombré second background.  On the back side of the packaging, you have the labels of the eye shadows included at their exact positions inside the box.

As you slide out the box, you get another white box with 4 holes for the user to have a direct confrontation with the shadows and on which there is a big Super Shock label.

Then, you have the eye shadows that are contained in small white jars with transparent lids and on which Colourpop is written. These are portable but it's not always practical to carry out tonnes of single shadow jars. But I feel like single shadows are somehow better than palettes. So I always end up carrying two out of four, depending what colours I choose to wear.

Point to be noted: one of the shadow, Flipper got damaged on its long journey to Mauritius. So, I was really sad about it but hopefully, I managed to try it out. It is not a total waste, after all. 

The Products

The eyeshadows, just like the Korean single shadows I am used to, are very smooth, long-lasting and pigmented, which kind of surprised me. Western shadows I have used so far have been powdery, messy and not long-lasting at all. I really like how those Colourpop eye shadows adhered to my skin and performed really well on their own. Whether it is the satin, shimmery or metallic shadow, they all did really well. However in that collection, I could not find an appropriate base color as they are all very shimmery.

I am starting to like them A LOT!!!

Going Rogue: pearlized soft silvery peach
Going Rogue is more champagne-colored than peach I would say and is very shimmery. I like to apply it on the inner corners of my eyes and on the aegyosal for that cute idol look




Itty Bitty: satin soft salmon pink
Itty Bitty has a very smooth and satin finish perfect for that outer corner pink hue. Could be used as a base color but nope.

Flipper: Soft tangerine with a ton of silver glitter on top in a Metallic finish
Flipper is a beautiful glittery orangey eye shadow. Perfect for that glittery Houmpf on the center of my eyelids. It can have a little bit of fallout but it's nothing too crazy.
Too Bad it got damaged. 

One by One: pearlized true pastel peach

One by One is not pastel peach at all. More like shimmery brownish color. Beautiful all over the eyelids. Since the color is quite sheer, it can also be used on the inner corners and on the aegyosal.

Swatches 


 Conclusion

I totally recommend this set of 4 eye shadows and I've already ordered more of the palettes from Colourpop, namely their liquid lipsticks, and other eye shadow palettes. Can't wait to try them out for you, guys :)


Stay Beautiful and Sweet



 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

1 comment: