Translate

Saturday 9 September 2017

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion

Hi Everybody!!!


Another THEFACESHOP review!!!

Now that winter is hitting so hard on Mauritius, like really hard (even if there is not a single snowflake in sight), my skin has been getting drier and drier, like crocodile skin, they say.lol
So, I've been stocking up on lotions and creams to ready myself for the winter, and maintain a well moisturised skin.


At THEFACESHOP, the lovely sales rep advised me on THEFACESHOP Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion, which she said would be a lifesaver for the winter.

So let's see how it fared!!!

What it is

The silky moisturizing lotion provides long-lasting moisture and radiance to the skin.

For all Skin types

Moisturizing/soothing

Volume : 130 mL

Price

It retailed at Rs 1,150/-, which is about US$34. In general, it would sound not so expensive, but I gotta say here in Mauritius, it is considered quite highly priced, especially for my pockets. But for a skincare junkie, skincare has no price. hahaha


More Info 

The silky moisturizing lotion moisturizes and restores radiance. It makes the skin glow as it applies smoothly over the skin without leaving any sticky residue behind.
• The mango seeds make the skin feel elastic and silky soft by providing moisture and nourishment at once.
• Long-lasting moisture from natural plant-derived mango seed butter relieves dry skin by forming a radiant moisturizing layer over the skin. 


Directions

Pump an adequate amount and gently apply over the face along skin texture. Use product every morning and night after applying toner. 

Caution
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs.

Ingredients

WATER/EAU•GLYCERIN•DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL•HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE•BUTYLENE GLYCOL•TRIETHYLHEXANOIN•DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXA C5-9 ACID ESTERS•GLYCERYL STEARATE•CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE•BETAINE•C14-22 ALCOHOLS•C12-20 ALKYL GLUCOSIDE•PEG-100 STEARATE•CETEARYL ALCOHOL•BETA-GLUCAN•PHENOXYETHANOL•MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER•PANTHENOL•DIMETHICONE•CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT•HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL•CARBOMER•POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE•XANTHAN GUM•MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT•DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT•DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) SEED OIL•BETA-CAROTENE•CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SEED EXTRACT•DISODIUM EDTA•PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
 

Packaging




The packaging is quite simple. The Container comes in a very simple fuss-free pale brown box. It looks a tiny bit luxurious. I mean, it's well done. The higher the price tag, the better the packaging gets. Duh. But I like how THEFACESHOP kept it simple and mature. Sometimes I can like really cute and pinky childish stuffs that really get me to buy a particular product. But for my age(sigh), more mature looking stuffs do look appealing at times 'cause let's get real, I want products that would be more appropriate and effective for my ageing skin (HA!) rather than cute (and perhaps useless) stuffs.

The bottle or container or whatever is creamy yellow-colored and made of plastic (good quality plastic, though) and has a usual plastic pump that comes along. It's very light and practical to use. However, my main qualm about it is that it is not freaking transparent for me to get an indication of how much product I've used, how much is left. This is quite a bummer since I tend to be heavy-handed or light-handed depending on at what speed I'm using up my products. So yeah, this is annoying to me. But hopefully, you can unscrew the whole pump and look inside the bottle. Not practical, huh?





The Product

The lotion is a very thick and viscous liquid, creamy yellow in color. It looks like vanilla-flavored yogurt. lol But it has such a strong sweet floral/mango candy fragrance (although mango does not quite smell like that) to it.  Most of the products I've used from that line smell pretty much the same.



My Thoughts

It can feel thick at first, like any lotion. But a tiny little drop goes a long way and it gets absorbed into the skin quite fast. Because of the strong fragrance (thus alcohol content) and my acne prone skin, I had to slow down on using it. I'm having major breakouts 'cause junk food and major negligence, baby. So, I've been quite light-handed on products with strong fragrance like that one. But I've resumed using it lately.

In terms of moisturising capacity,  THEFACESHOP Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion is very effective. Thanks to it, I haven't had the Gobi Desert on my face. Last winter, I did have major dry skin issues. My skin was so flaky, rough and dehydrated. This year, I still had dry patches on my lip area. But my situation is far better this year. I've been paying strict attention to the dryness this time around. With this lotion, my skin was bouncy and plump, like normal.

What I would not recommend about that lotion is to avoid using it if you are thinking about putting on heavy makeup. This would result in a definite huge mess on your face. If you are thinking about applying a lot of foundation and concealer, then don't use that lotion underneath. Skip it. To be honest, I would use it in the morning before applying my makeup. It would good a first. But throughout the day, it would be worse and worse. Messy patches of foundation would start forming on my skin. It would accentuate my pores. It made me look older and there was no way of touching up that mess. It would just worsen everything.

I'd recommend using it as part of your night time skincare routine or even during the day if you are not planning on applying makeup. It's a great moisturiser for your thirsty skin. If you have oily skin, try to avoid it.

Pros
-Great Moisturiser
-Sweet Mango Fragrance
-Practical pump
-Last you a long time
-Great for nighttime and winter
-Not irritating

Cons 
-Not appropriate for oily skin
-Can be thick on the skin
-Messes up your makeup

 Conclusion 

THEFACESHOP Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion has certainly saved me from having the driest skin ever during winter. Therefore, I recommend it. But for summer, I don't think I would use it that much 'cause my skin gets normal to oily at times. It would not be good in humid climates. However, for you out there where winter is looming, this product would be great. It works well enough on its own I don't feel I need any more cream on top.

Hope you liked my review... Please leave a commend down below and follow me on social media ;)  

Stay Beautiful and Sweet



 \(^_^)/

 Aegyo Girl

2 comments:

  1. Moisturizing Lotion For Dry Skin makes the body soft and supple. By using this you can realize your skin become smooth, hydrate and nourished.se it now and get benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with your informational Post. We offer high-quality Custom Lotion Boxes that specializes in Customized lotion boxes to our clients. Our products are most demanded by various companies, businesses, and individuals. These products are made with the help of high-tech machines according to requirements of our customers. They are offered in different sizes, shapes, designs, styles..etc.

    ReplyDelete