Translate

Thursday 13 July 2017

REVIEW: THEFACESHOP Jeju Aloe 99% Fresh Soothing Gel

Hi Y'all!!!!

This time around I've been testing a new aloe gel. I love aloe gels 'cause they are so soothing. I tried one from Innisfree and loved it, but you know, getting a giant tube of aloe gel all the way from South Korea ain't practical. So, I got that giant baby from here itself, THEFACESHOP. Yoohoo.



Fun fact: For that humongus jar with 300 mL of product, I paid Rs 295, which is about USD 8. Very affordable.lol

What it is


Formulated with 99% aloe barbadensis leaf extract from Jeju to soothe and moisturize the skin
• Formulated with 99% aloe barbadensis leaf extract from Jeju to soothe and moisturize the skin! 
• This gel can be used for various purposes, including moisturizing, soothing, facial pack, and after-sun care. As aloe barbadensis leaf extract is absorbed into the skin without leaving any sticky residue behind, it soothes and moisturizes at the same time. 
• Formulated without 5 additives: paraben, benzophenone, animal oil, mineral oil, artificial coloring
DIRECTIONS
Apply an appropriate amount to dry parts of the face and body
CAUTION

For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs
Ingredients

ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT•GLYCERIN•ALCOHOL DENAT.•POLYSORBATE 20•CARBOMER•TRIETHANOLAMINE•BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE•GLYCERYL POLYACRYLATE•ALLANTOIN•BETAINE•SODIUM POLYACRYLATE•CAPRYLYL GLYCOL•ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN•CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) SEED EXTRACT•ARTEMISIA PRINCEPS EXTRACT•BUTYLENE GLYCOL•POLYGLUTAMIC ACID•LACTOBACILLUS/ALOE BARBADENSIS FERMENT FILTRATE•DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL•PENTYLENE GLYCOL•MORUS ALBA BARK EXTRACT•GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT•CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT•ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT•LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER EXTRACT•MONARDA DIDYMA LEAF EXTRACT•OCIMUM BASILICUM (BASIL) LEAF EXTRACT•SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) LEAF EXTRACT•ORIGANUM VULGARE LEAF EXTRACT•MENTHA VIRIDIS (SPEARMINT) EXTRACT•MELISSA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT•WATER/EAU•DISODIUM EDTA•PHENOXYETHANOL•CHLORPHENESIN•PARFUM/FRAGRANCE

Packaging

Like most aloe gels out there, this one comes in a huge plastic jar. What I liked better with the Innisfree one was that the gel could be squirted out of the tube hygienically while with this one in the jar, you actually have to scoop in your fingers, if you don't have a spatula in hand.lol

Huge Jar
Back View

Details

That aloe gel is also available in tube form too, though. But it was being sold here after I already bought that giant jar. Just too bad.

The Product

Ocean of Aloe

The gel is transparent, colorless and very moist. According to THEFACESHOP, it is for all skin types and is claims to be both moisturising and soothing. However, it has a strong floral fragrance to it. The Innisfree one, on the other hand, smelled more like raw aloe, not pleasant, but i got used to it. THEFACESHOP one had that strong hit-in-your-face scent to it, which I think I never got accustomed and it bothered me.

In terms of performance, it was soothing but not as soothing as the Innisfree one. I know I keep comparing, but that's how it is. I generally use aloe gels on sunburns, pimples and irritated skin. However, I feel that the alcohol from that damn fragrance can cause some stinginess, which is annoying since I am looking for soothe right here.

As for caring for dry areas of my face or body, I gotta say, it does a pretty nice job. Although it can get a bit sticky and thick on the skin, it does hydrate dry and dull skin. It can be used to save a dry skin day, for instance. I usually have super dry patches around my lips and this aloe gel does help me a lot when there is no lip balm hanging around.

Pros:
-Moisturising
-Somewhat soothing

Cons:
-Thick
-Sticky
-Heavily fragrant


Conclusion

I felt like THEFACESHOP Jeju Aloe 99% Fresh Soothing Gelwas "meh" for me. I don't like fragrant products too much, especially if I have to throw it on my face. . I might give a try to the Bamboo gel that they have. If I really had to choose, I'd go back for the Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel. I freaking loved the soothing performance of that one and it was so freaking cheap. Have you used the THEFACESHOP Jeju Aloe 99% Fresh Soothing Gel? What did you think of it? Lemme know in the comments down below and don't forget to subscribe to my blog and social media :D :D :D



Stay Beautiful and Sweet
 \(^_^)/
 Aegyo Girl



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful skin gel with us..The characteristics that you have mentioned attracts me to purchase this gel and I will.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete