Translate

Wednesday 8 July 2015

REVIEW: Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder

Hi Everyone!

I've been using the Innisfree No sebum mineral powder for a while now. So, I wanted to review that amazing product from one of my favourite natural brands. 




I bought it on www.innisfreeworld.com for $7.  It weighs 5g.

The day it came home (i.e last year :$)

It comes in a very simple mint green packaging. It is so small and portable, easy to carry it around for touch-ups.



It is sealed with a sticker and has very cute and soft Innisfree puff. 


As you remove the puff, there is another sticker to prevent the powder from spreading out. 



It has those little square-shaped holes to allow the white powder out.


Credits: Innisfreeworld.com

Credits: Innisfreeworld.com

The No Sebum Mineral Powder is very thin, soft and white.

Ingredients:

SILICA, CORN STARCH MODIFIED, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRICTRIGLYCERIDE, MICA, METHICONE, MINERALSALTS, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, MENTHA ARVENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE 
 
What Innisfree says:

“A sebum absorbing oil control poweder with a smooth finish.”

It contains Jeju Mineral Powder, Jeju Green Tea, and Mint. But it doesn't feel refreshing as a product containing mint.

It has:

“1. Double sebum-control system controls secretion of sebum to keep the skin soft and fresh all day long.
  2. Jeju Natural mineral and mint ingredients control skin oil and moisture to keep the skin healthy.”

How to use

"In the last stage of your daily skincare routine or makeup, use powder puff to gently apply onto entire face or sebum concentrated areas."
               
How to use the  Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder(Credits: www.innisfreeworld.com)
Credits: www.innisfreeworld.com

My Comments

At first, I thought it was similar to any ordinary loose powder that would both set the makeup and control sebum secretion. I was a bit taken aback as it didn't really make any visible difference to my makeup. I felt like there was nothing on my skin. However, after reading more reviews about it, I understood what its real use was for. In fact, it helps to control your sebum secretion and thus makes oily areas of your face less shiny. The difference it made is subtle but very effective.

1. As a Finishing Base Powder: When I applied it on my oily T-zone right after skincare, I noticed a difference. The powder made it look less shiny and more matte. I did not have that greasy-looking nose anymore (yehet).

2. As a Makeup Fixer: When I used other compact powders, my T-zone would become shiny after a while, making my makeup becoming thick and clog my pores. But with the Innisfree No sebum mineral powder, it really help my makeup to have a uniform finish although it is not something people might notice and it is long-lasting.

3. For a Soft and Bright Skintone: The skin does gets softer (like baby skin) but brighter... I wonder. my skin doesn't look any brighter. Sure, it is white but there is so little product that gets on the puff and it is so lightweight, it hardly makes a difference on the brightness of my skin. But it might have a white cast for darker complexions if applied in excess.

4. Replacement for Oil Control Paper: I think this is the most representative description of the use of the No Sebum Mineral Powder. It acts as an oil control paper as it really prevents excess secretion of sebum and it lasts all day, preventing my T-zone from looking all greasy and oily (ewww).

5. Eye Primer: My double eyelids are shaped in such a way that when I apply eye makeup, especially my eyeliner, it smudges  easily. When I used the No Sebum Mineral Powder before applying eye makeup, my eye makeup lasted longer and didn't get eyeliner all over my eyes and my eyelids felt soft. So, I trust their words. :)

6. Hair Control: I read somewhere before that people liked to use it on their scalp and hair. So, I decided to give it a try. Who would thought that a makeup powder could be used like a dry shampoo, I would say? Well, my hair gets all oily after 3-4 days. I used it on my hair after a workout, but it didn't feel much difference. It was indeed a little bit less oily, but still, I thought I needed a good hair wash.

The main qualms I have is that like many Innisfree makeup, it has a weird smell. It is hard to describe but it is not overwhelming, hopefully. As long as the smell is bearable and the product effective, I'm cool with it.

Pros:
-Sebum Control
-Multi-functional 
-Portable
-Long-lasting
-Affordable

Cons:
-Weird Smell
                                                                                                                     
Ultimately, I would give a big thumbs up to the Innisfree No sebum mineral powder. No wonder it is a best-seller in South Korea and around the world. My lack of knowledge about its application left me doubtful initially. But today, I am happy to see its benefits for my skin (more specifically, my oily and shiny nose) and my makeup. I will definitely re-purchase it and recommend it to people with oily skin.

                                                                                                                                    STAY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET!
                
 \(^_^)/
    AEGYO GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment